Encouraging :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are finally now at almost 4mos starting to get a schedule down!

I have always nursed him (in bed) and/or rocked him to sleep but then when I put him down he would always wake up and cry and I think we are finally making some headway!

This whole week I have nursed him at 8pm until he fell asleep and then I would detach him and move him to his bassinet.. normally he wakes up but he only cries for a few minutes maybe 5 and then is out for the night

Same things with naps I will nurse or rock him and lay him down and if he wakes up he only cries for a couple minutes and then conks out.

I think I may have been in the past too quick to run to his rescue when he was crying, it seems like he needs a few minutes of crying (more like whining, not screaming) to blow off some steam before he falls asleep. I am happy because he is actually getting a decent nap now and is going to bed much earlier then if I hold him and rock him all night. Plus I am actually getting a few minutes here and there with hubby.

I know my lo is a little older then most of yours so I just wanted to say that if you are having napping/sleeping troubles that there is hope and hang in there! Now that we are approaching the 4month mark lots of things are getting easier and the lo is just happier in general.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-07-2010, 07:49 PM

I know exactly what you mean about those little whines when you put them down. It isn't full blown crying but more like a meow then waiting then another meow. I know when Bridget has been fed, diapered and given lots of love that when she makes that little sound she almost asleep. If that little meow went on for more than a few minutes or turned into cries I would go in a get her but i have learned that those sounds are her sleepy whine, too.

Glad to hear things are getting easier for you!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#3 of 7 Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thankyou I was afraid that after I wrote that someone would take it as I just leave him to cio and that isn't what I meant at all.

I can usually tell the difference now between the I am tired and trying to go to sleep cry and then You abandon me cry and I am mad at you lol THAT one usually happens anytime I put him in his bouncy chair lol Or If I put him down for a nap and he wasn't ready. It's funny how their little personalities are coming out so much these days!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#4 of 7 Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 PM

That is encouraging! I'm hoping that happens for us!

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#5 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 05:05 PM

Wow! DD is up until midnight most nights!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#6 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 06:25 PM

thank you for posting this!
we are at 3 months and I see afew signs of this progress sometimes, but mostly it's still 4th trimester routines, so I am really hoping 4 months will bring some progress.
#7 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 PM

this gives me hope!

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page