Sore vag - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ds is 3 months old now and I can still feel where my stitches were. Sometimes just randomly I feel pain there or when I am sitting cross legged or during sex. There were second degree tears. At my 6 week check up midwife said there was some scar tissue there and we should wait a bit for sex... we had sex once ( very gently) and then waited a few weeks. We have only done it maybe 4 times since ds's birth. I tore with my dd too and don't remember it still being this sore at 3 months post partum. Its like a tightness. I know the midwife had some trouble sewing me up.. she did it and then redid it. Can't remember why.
ANyone else?? Should I go to a OB and have them check it out? Wait a few more months?
For instance we haven't had sex for probably 3 weeks now and this am I was sitting crosslegged nursing ds and I got the random tightness and pain there.
Sorry this is rambling.. doing 5 things at once here.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM

I didn't have any stitches and haven't had stitches since my second baby and I have pain inside my vagina sometimes for no reason. I'll be sitting or walking around and get this twinge inside there. I also feel it sometimes during intercourse. I believe over time it will get better. How long did your midwife say to postpone sex? Maybe you just need a little longer.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 AM

I think this happens when the inelastic scar tissue gets pulled on and it stresses the tissues. Could be from sex or the position you are sitting in, ect. I've had this with all of mine. It seems to improve over time. I wonder if massaging with oil would help?

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 01-14-2010, 04:49 AM

Mine is still sore too, and we still haven't even tried to DTD (more because of cosleeping than soreness though).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 01-15-2010, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewoman View Post
I didn't have any stitches and haven't had stitches since my second baby and I have pain inside my vagina sometimes for no reason. I'll be sitting or walking around and get this twinge inside there. I also feel it sometimes during intercourse. I believe over time it will get better. How long did your midwife say to postpone sex? Maybe you just need a little longer.
She never said how long to wait... just a while longer. Hopefully it gets better with time. Its helpul to hear that others are still sore too.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 PM

My midwife told me that having sex, even if it hurt a little, would actually break up some of the scar tissue and be better in the end. I still have some discomfort too, and it's been 4 months. (I was ripped past my anus.. Yum!) I am going to make an appointment to see a physiotherapist that specializes in pelvic floor injury. I know a woman who has seen one and went from not being able to have sex, and having pain constantly, to feeling no pain after 7 appointments. I'm interested in that.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Old 01-17-2010, 07:47 PM

I'm still feeling the pain as well. I've noticed that doing kegels helps.

:

User Tag List