One Year ago... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One year ago today, I ovulated the egg that became my daughter.

Can you believe how fast that time's gone?!

I'm sure some of you mamas were getting your BFPs a year ago, yes? Let's reminisce!

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 01-23-2010, 06:19 PM

I know! Seriously, my life has changed so much. I had NO CLUE what was coming this time last year.

My pregnancy wasn't exactly planned, but as near as we can tell, she was probably conceived during a little post-Super Bowl celebration (big Steelers fans here).

It was crazy the way I found out...I went to my annual exam and she felt a mass on my ovary, and sent me for an ultrasound. And surprise! There she was.

Shocking at the time, but it turned out to be the best thing ever.
#3 of 17 Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 PM

Let's see...this week last year I volunteered with my husband at a shelter early in the morning and when we came home around noon, I peed on the ovulation test strip. It said I was ovulating and we jumped in the sack immediately! Presto, bammo - we have Talula!

This time last year, I had no idea how incredibly ill I would become. Losing 15 lbs in 3 months from constant puking. I would go through 3 OB's until I found the greatest one ever, I would faint 3 times and go to the chiropractor for the first time. It was a ROUGH year and everyone always told me how it was "worth it". I always questioned whether or not that was true.

Now, I know it is!
#4 of 17 Old 01-23-2010, 09:26 PM

Crazy right!?!? Jan 20th was our day. On the 17th of Jan last year I saw the egg that would be Julia on my u/s.
I am still in amazement that she is here

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
#5 of 17 Old 01-23-2010, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Isn't it completely mind boggling & awe inspiring that a brand new human can be created in less than a year's time?? Crazy.

I conceived Jan 25th last yr. It was my very first post partum egg.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#6 of 17 Old 01-24-2010, 07:42 AM

The egg that became Bridget emerged on January 9th last year. It was the first ovualtion after a very emotionally painful Christmastime miscarriage. I was only not pregnant for 3 weeks! She was hope brought to me in the new year. I had already known I was pregnant for a week this time last year. I got my very faint BFP at 7 or 8 DPO! It is amazing that now we are looking at these beautiful babies that are already growing so fast.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#7 of 17 Old 01-24-2010, 04:54 PM

i conceived on 1/28. we ere struggling with fertility so we knew the exact day. that and we were all sick before and after tht so i only dtd about 4 times last year

we saw her as a dark spot/possible polyp on an u/s at 8 dpo. i had scheduled endo ablation and polyp removal and 2 days later after a weird start/stop af i got a bfp!

my lil 'polyp' is nursing happily in my lap!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#8 of 17 Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM

January 21st was the day DD3 was conceived. I had given up on conceiving another baby as it just seemed nothing was working and I was beginning to focus on my career. I was disappointed in the beginning, but now I can't imagine life without her.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#9 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 04:23 AM

Oh wow, that's right we're almost up to that time. DD was conceived in a Petri dish on 1/29/09 (for IVF).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#10 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 01:04 PM

Well for me it will be a year since I foung out I was pg on the 28th, I wasn't going to poas until I for sure had missed AF. We'd been TTC for 3 months and I was just getting tired of the whole excitement/letdown thing. Funniest part was I was totally convinced I was in for the worst AF ever, I was emotionally unstable and was being a huge rag I even told DH that I wasn't pg because I was feeling so badly. Then I missed AF, so I decided to POAS and there he was a faint little line, right as DH drove away to work. I watched the line form. I then took another an hour later and this time it was really dark. It's funny I though I was getting AF and instead it was Owen

The craziest part of the whole story was when my MIL told me how she'd had a dream that we had a beautiful baby boy and our DD was holding him. I'd found out I was pg like 2 days before, but wasn't ready to tell anyone. She kept telling everyone about her dream, then I guess Dh and I gave each other the "look" and his g-ma knew that the dream was true. My MIL is psychic or at least she had a premonition, it was just so weird. Obviously he was meant to be

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#11 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 08:44 PM

Norasmomma, that's a really neat story.
#12 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 08:49 PM

Thanks it was pretty surreal, I was standing in Walmart of all places and my MIL was telling me this dream she had. I went out to the car and told DH that his mom was psychic, we seriously almost announced it right then because she just kept saying, "it was sooooo real, what a crazy dream, he was the cutest baby......" On and on, it was just so wild.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#13 of 17 Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM

A year ago today Ki was conceived!! Its a funny story actually.We werent expecting it at all. I was diagnosed with pcos in november and in dec i did a round of clomid which didnt work....well my cycles are very long like 60-80 days between them and the end of january i still hadnt had a period from the dec cycle. My dr wanted me to start provera to induce a period feb 2nd. For some reason i just felt like i shouldnt take it yet, so i didnt...LUCKY for me cause feb 6th i for some reason felt like taking a pg test and sure enough...preggers!!!
#14 of 17 Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 PM

I'm not sure exactly what day I conceived as there were 2 possible options..... Either way I found out 12 DPO.. and 2 days before AF was due. It was a snowy Sunday and Dh was out snow blowing the driveway. We do NFP so I buy pregnancy tests in bulk online.. so I can test whenever I want. We had abandoned the method in Sept and nothing. Then went back to avoiding for Oct and Nov. COme Decemeber we tried again and nothing. So by this time I figured I wasn't pregnant but I was bored and crampy so I figured what the hell... I was surprised to see that faint little line!!! I can't believe that awfulness of pregnancy is finally over and my baby is here!! This time last year it was just a few days before the nausea hit ( and hung out till oct!)
I can't wait to do another Homebirth for baby number 3 ( in 2 years or so...)

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#15 of 17 Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
we conceived on Jan. 8 after 2 years of TTC and a 60-day cycle. (I was also nursing ds). One evening dh suggested we should probably stop TTC (ds was getting older and more independent and we didn't really feel like going through sleepless nights again); I showed him the pregnancy test which was positive. He was so surprised.

It's nice to hear everyone else's story

caffix.gif

#16 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 PM

Ah yes, I was reminiscing a few weeks ago about when we conceived, and when we found out. We did a superovulated IUI after a cancelled IVF attempt, and I found out at the doc's when we were discussing my next IVF cycle protocol!
I also realized the dates we conceived had more meaning than I previously realized!
and a year later - here she is! Amazing, and lucky!
#17 of 17 Old 02-20-2010, 03:11 PM

For Valentine's Day, DH and I went hiking on the Coast where we hiked exactly one year previously, on Valentine's Day. On last year's Valentine's Day, I was just a few days late (like 3!) and I hadn't taken a pregnancy test yet, but I was already starting to suspect I was possibly pregnant because I am NEVER more than a day late. I waited another week before taking the preg test because I was so afraid of seeing a negative test result. But it wasn't... it was a BFP!

On this year's Valentine's Day, we took our DS hiking. It was his first time being carried on our backs and he LOVED it. (I normally wear him in my MobyWrap or BabyHawk on my front, but we wanted to try the Deuter Backpack for hiking - loved it, by the way!) It was such a neat way to celebrate the most amazing year ever! Especially when I think back on the year in between: the morning sickness, lots of life drama that had nothing to do with the pregnancy/baby, being labeled high-risk because of an antibody issue, having to go in for weekly ultrasounds to monitor the health/well-being of the baby (he was FINE!), getting bullied by my OB into having a hospital birth (and he was talking about induction on my due date because I was so OLD - I am 38, PUHLEASE!), LOVING being pregnant and feeling FABULOUS and the most BEAUTIFUL ever in my 2nd and 3rd trimesters once the Morning Sickness wore off, being relabled as low-risk which enabled me to switch to a midwife and have the homebirth that I had originally wanted, nesting frenzy!, and then.... DS arrived (homebirth and all - just the way I'd wanted it!). Not to mention the amazing journey of falling completely and blissfully in love with my LO. I love Love LOVE being a mama!!!! This has just been the BEST thing ever!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page