Weekly Chat Thread? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2009, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The constant hunger is starting to drive me crazy -- it is interfering with my sleep!! I usually go to bed around 10pm, and I am getting these intense hunger cravings at 11:30pm. I want to sleep!

I remember from my last pregnancy I had to figure out a rhyme and rhythm to my hunger cravings, and adjust to that. I kinda figured that it would be the same for this one, but the rhythm is different, so I have to go through an adjustment period again, anyway

Only six more weeks, six more weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Yea, hunger here, too. I wake up in the middle of the night wishing I didn't have to walk all the way downstairs to get something to eat.

I started the supplement regimen my midwife encouraged on Tuesday. I am feeling pretty good, actually! Very tired, though. I'm doing an evening postpartum client right now and I was so tired driving home last night at 8:30 pm! The gag reflex also snuck up on me yesterday. No real nausea yet, but definite feelings of funkiness every so often.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm maid of honor in my SIL's wedding on May 9. I'll be I think 13 weeks then. This is my third baby. There's no way that dress will fit!
Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Major exhaustion for me today! Maybe not my best plan to take DD down to the children's museum for the day and then out to lunch. Means I missed her nap time because she grabbed both of them during the 45 min drive!!

Also definitely mentally being affected - not being able to think of words to complete sentences, etc.

Shell that is crazy!! Hopefully your dress can be altered??!

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm maid of honor in my SIL's wedding on May 9. I'll be I think 13 weeks then. This is my third baby. There's no way that dress will fit!
This is my third too - I popped earlier with my second, I wonder if the third will pop even sooner?

By 13 weeks you should have a cute little baby bump, not a "hmmm, is she pregnant or eating too many carbs?" kind of bump!

Mom to:
DD (1/03) , DS (9/05) , DD (10/09)
Old 03-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My pants are so tight in the waist! : I'm leaving them unbuttoned (but zipped) today and ordering maternity pants soon...this is annoying! I'm not eating any more, I've actually been eating very healthy and conservative, so I know it could only be my growing uterus!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 PM

5 almost 6 weeks, and I'm to the cute baby bump stage. But I'm trying to wait and make people think she's fat and eating too many carbs chub. (Which some of it is!) DH wants to wait as long as possible to tell, but I don't think we are going to be able to wait much longer. I really need to wear maternity clothes, now. The sweats I wore yesterday were straining the limits of the elastic and its just not comfy besides. But maternity clothes will be really obvious, ya know?

Katie, mama to Katherine 21, Christian 19, Johannah 17, Nicholas 12, Genevieve 10, Matthew 7, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with my husband, Scott
Old 03-06-2009, 03:19 PM

I know I'm crazy but I actually can't wait to start showing again. I really want to start wearing my cute maternity outfits again. I do hate that stage though where I look fat and not pregnant. I haven't noticed any tightening of the clothes yet though... Of course all the clothes I currently wear are a couple of sizes too big as I hadn't bought any 'skinny' pants yet, knowing that I was just going to get pregnant eventually. And my usual attire (drawstring pajama's) just doesn't get tight that fast.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 03-06-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I know I'm crazy but I actually can't wait to start showing again.
I love the middle preggo stage "aka cute belly", but hate the beginning and the end!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:30 PM

I hate the end stage too! But that's because I just plain hate everything about the end stage. I know... not very gracious or thankful. But I just speak the truth. It would probably help if everytime I got up and did something I didn't get nasty old contractions that make me and everyone else around me start wondering if I'm in actual labour.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 03-06-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I hate the end stage too! But that's because I just plain hate everything about the end stage.
I'm just 100% miserable. Puking comes back (indigestion), constipation, sleep problems, body aches all day, sex becomes extremely awkward, and on an on...

I'm not one of those happily 9 mos. preggo kinda ladies for sure.

User Tag List