Weekly Chat Thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone interested in a weekly chit chat thread? I saw some other DDC doing this and thought it would be fun to just have a spot for us all to chat with each other.

So as for me here's what's up...

I have an appt scheduled for Friday to "confirm" my PG, but I decided that I'm going to postpone it. I think I'd rather just wait until the dr. can also do the u/s to tell me my due date at the same time. No need to have two appointments. I'm going to trust my body for the time being One positive on the digital test is enough for me (for now)!

Last night I got SO hot in the middle of the night, had some killer cramps, and woke up with super sore boobs again. Yay for symptoms still being there! Actually, DH said HE was sweating last night because I'm turning into a heater!!

Is anyone else still temping? I find it reassuring to see my temps staying high every morning...

So what's up with you ladies??

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
#2 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 11:27 AM

I stopped temping. I am having twinges, and my boobs are less sore, but still sore. I just bought more FRER to confirm in the morning. I am having a moment of worry.

It is my DS's 14th birthday, and my DD is 9!! I can't believe there is going to be such a difference in ages I know they will be excited, especially DD. DS likes babies, but he is in his own world lately. I can't wait to have another baby around I am still in a state of disbelief, it comes and goes.

Whatever will be, already is...

#3 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Great idea!
I also love temping, I love seeing my temp still high in the am. Its very reassuring. I took my last HPT this am. so I won't be taking any more of those.
MrsReady - I think you O'd CD18, there is a whole spiel I wrote about why I think you O'd then on your thread in TTC. I even did a new chart for you, with Ovusoft using the FAM method. Ovusoft also adjusts the temp when you take it at different times, so your CD20 is adjusted and I just discarded your CD22 temp as I think it would be too low as you were up for an hr. Check it out and see what you think.

I have absolutely nothing planned for this week. DH is in report card week, so won't be home much this week. Really I am leading a very boring life this week.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#4 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM

Ugh, I guess it is time for me to get off of MDC and clean my house. Oh, I wish I was feeling icky, it would reassure me so much.

I guess I should be careful what I wish for

#5 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM

My boys got into the tampons this morning. Normally that would make me upset because they are so darn expensive. But since I know I probably won't have a period for about two years, I just laughed.
#6 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Pam - how sweet are you?! Thank you so much! I am starting to agree with CD18. I changed my FF chart to just discard temps on CD20 & 22. I think my BFP with a digital makes more sense at 15 DPO vs. 11 DPO?

So my new due date would be 11/7? I'll be interested to see what the dr. says in a couple of weeks! I called already and switched my appt to 3/16. The woman on the phone was not super nice about it (saying they need to have 2 separate appts, one to "confirm" and then a separate for medical history, etc. - annoying!) but I just decided I wanted to wait so I'm going to. It's easier for me to go on a Monday when I am off work vs. a Friday when I'd have to leave work.

Beloved how great that your other DCs are older!! They will be such a help with the new babe (much more so then my will-be-24-month-old!) And I am like you - I am wishing for symptoms and I know in a couple of weeks I won't be anymore!!

#7 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Shell - !!! too funny!

#8 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsReady2bMama View Post
I have an appt scheduled for Friday to "confirm" my PG, but I decided that I'm going to postpone it. I think I'd rather just wait until the dr. can also do the u/s to tell me my due date at the same time. No need to have two appointments. I'm going to trust my body for the time being One positive on the digital test is enough for me (for now)!

Last night I got SO hot in the middle of the night, had some killer cramps, and woke up with super sore boobs again. Yay for symptoms still being there! Actually, DH said HE was sweating last night because I'm turning into a heater!!

Is anyone else still temping? I find it reassuring to see my temps staying high every morning...
That sounds silly to me that they need two separate appointments, sounds to me like a way to get extra $$. I'm only doing one, not until 4/13 though, that will confirm, and get the OB visits rollin. I'm also a heater! I no longer require a coat, even though the mornings have been chilly lately here in TX! Kinda funny to see people looking at me crazy when they're all bundled up and I'm not! And I'm no longer temping- I quit that the morning I got my BFP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I know they will be excited, especially DD. DS likes babies, but he is in his own world lately. I can't wait to have another baby around I am still in a state of disbelief, it comes and goes.
I'm so excited for DD to have a sibling too. I love imagining her playing with 'her' baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I have absolutely nothing planned for this week. DH is in report card week, so won't be home much this week. Really I am leading a very boring life this week.
Oh Minsca you can come live a day in my 'exciting' shoes and then you'll love your boring week!!! I can't wait to slow down and quit working this summer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
My boys got into the tampons this morning. Normally that would make me upset because they are so darn expensive. But since I know I probably won't have a period for about two years, I just laughed.
Hilarious! I looked at my pads yesterday and thought about the next time I would need them would be postpartum!

AFM: I've been somewhat obesessed the past 24hrs w/ reading about birthdefects and am utterly freaking myself out! So, I went and bought a folic acid supplement because apparently overweight women need more folic acid (I'm 29 BMI) and also a B6 because I read on an MDC thread that it can help prevent morning sickness. So we'll see. I know I'm being over paranoid, but isn't that what being a mother is all about???

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#9 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Schwarma I should probably quit temping too - it always makes me a little anxious, but it is also reassuring... probably will continue at least until I start having other symptoms! You sound paranoid like me - STOP researching things that can go wrong!! I try to remind myself it is out of my hands and what will be, will be ... (way easier recited than done!)

Is anyone else mourning their figures yet? I was so proud of losing the weight from baby #1. I did Weight Watchers and was very successful - actually got down smaller than I was before her birth. Just last Thursday I bought the most wonderful fitting pair of size 2 (!!!!!) jeans (I am only 5' tall, so don't give me too much credit for the size, but it was a huge victory for me). I didn't cut the tags off because I had a little thought in my head, and now they are going back to the store. I put them on again this morning just to show DH how great my butt looked. He thinks I should keep them for next time, but I don't want the pressure of getting back into them, and have no idea how my body shape will change this time around! Sigh. White House / Black Market, I will soon be at your door returning your fabulous jeans.

#10 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 05:33 PM

I lost about 40 lbs through Weight Watchers after having DD, she was like 2 when I finally got around to losing the weight. I am mourning my figure, I am not ashamed of that and I hope I will be able to get through pregnancy without gaining a ton. I think bf has already gained sympathy weight along with me. I was on the upswing before I conceived, so I am a bit worried.

#11 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM

I lost my pregnancy weight with dd1 really fast (I think in a month) but it wasn't healthy, it was called stress. And then with dd2 I was holding on nicely to an extra 5 pounds for months. Then I dropped 10 lbs in a month (again due to stress) which in someways was really nice as now I'm starting out below dd1 pre pregnancy weight. But the circumstances around losing that weight I really could have done without. Plus losing that much weight that fast killed my milk supply and dd2 weaned herself quickly. (no kidding she weaned herself she was hungry and I was to dumb to notice)
But I will miss my leaner self in the coming months. I think I look horrible pregnant. I wish I could be just belly pregnant, but it seems to go everywhere pregnant. Ughh!

#12 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 06:11 PM

I gained 70lbs with DD - umm, I wish someone would have said that being pregnant wasn't a license to eat anything at anytime. Granted, I did have a lot of water weight, and DD was 9.6lbs...but the rest was pretty much Heinemans Raspberry Coffee Cake.

DS I gained 40lbs, and I am back to original weight. ALthough I've gained 2lbs since Sunday!

Plus we'll all be preggo in the heat of the summer - shorts, tank tops, ugh swim suits. No coffee cake this time around.

Mom to:
DD (1/03) , DS (9/05) , DD (10/09)
#13 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM

Do you ever have a completely lazy day? Other than taking care of kids and sending this to/from school, and going to library...I've done nothing. Not even emptied the dishwasher. Clean clothes waiting to be put away. Dog waiting to be walked.

I'm freezing all the time so I don't feel like doing anything but sitting here in a blankie drinking tea.

DD has tennis lessons in 30 minutes so I have to get my butt up and moving. See you tonight!

Mom to:
DD (1/03) , DS (9/05) , DD (10/09)
#14 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 06:19 PM

I have just had my browser open all day I have been doing things, but throughout the day have been checking in. I really need to do something. I feel so fat and unmotivated (the huge lunch doesn't help much)

Someone shake me and tell me that it is not good for me to eat that way! :

At this rate I will be 10 sizes up.

#15 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 PM

Not to mention I won't feel like dancing (I could still perform now, but feel too icky in my costumes, and they are tight ) Heck, I don't even want to take a lesson in public (I am being overly dramatic atm )

#16 of 40 Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

I am obsessed with these boards today!! I think it is because we haven't told anyone IRL, so I need an outlet for my obsession!!! So glad to be in good company.

I say all of us are allowed to indulge. We are not being lazy - we are growing new humans!!

Incidentally, I am wishing I knew my news prior to Ash Wednesday, as not eating chocolate while PG feels just not right

#17 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 AM
rrs

Oh fun!

This week is midterms for me. I've been very busy with that! And I can't believe how decreased my attention span is.

I've quit temping too. I went back and forth. I do like to see the high temps. But, I finally decided that I'm just going to believe in my body and this baby, and not test us first thing every morning. I've had a hard time letting go, though. I have symptoms that come and go, and the reassurance was nice.

I gained 42lbs with Carter. I would be absolutely fine gaining that amount again. However, between chasing him around and breastfeeding, I'm going to have to consume a ton of calories to do that!

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

#18 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Rebecca, your son is v. close in age to my DD. Are you nervous about having your second so soon? We were actually planning to wait a few more months this time around so the kids would be more like 2 1/2 years apart. We really are so thrilled though and I am excited they are going to be so close in age! I went a week early w/ DD so I'm curious if this next babe might end up an Oct babe too...

I gained 39 lbs with DD, but was also already up almost 10 lbs because of the fertility treatments. So I had a lot to lose after she came! The BF helped, but definitely I needed WW to seal the deal.

Rebecca I can't imagine how hungry you must be!!!! I remember when I was BF-ing and also tried to work out, I was so hungry that I had to cut out the workouts to control it!!

#19 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM

I'm actually 15 lbs lighter than my first DS and 20 lbs lighter than my second going into this pregnancy. I'm trying not to worry about weight gain, as both times I ended up at the same weight regardless of where I started from. Even so, I did lose a lot of weight this last year, so I don't think I'll feel that great about the numbers going up at first.

I'm starting to have anxiety about maternity clothes. I did get rid of quite a bit of mine, and I don't have any "work" clothes as I was home my last pregnancy. I suppose I should start asking around to see if friends have any they would sell or lend. Good thing garage sale season is around the corner too!
#20 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
We were actually planning to wait a few more months this time around so the kids would be more like 2 1/2 years apart. We really are so thrilled though and I am excited they are going to be so close in age! !
Mine were 21 months apart the first time. It was chaos, but we survived. They are 2 1/2 years apart this time, so I'm curious to see the difference. Our older son also has autism, so I think that it may have been a little harder because of that the first time. I guess I'm trying to be optimistic since I'll have three this time.
#21 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM

DD1 and DD2 are 16 months apart. It was crazy busy the first year. But now they play so sweetly together (a few fights now and then). This age difference will be 24 months between this one and dd2, except I seem to go 3 weeks early so it will probably be 23 months. I'm hoping its a little easier to have a bit more of an age difference, but this time around I'm going to be living really close to family. (as in really close, across the street close) So if I ever need a break, I know the grandparents will be over in a second to help out.

#22 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 12:10 PM

I have to give props to you mommas with babies closer than 2 yrs apart...I get a little crazy with just 1!!!

On a side note, I think someone here in the office is having roadkill for breakfast! : It smells disgusting!!! :Puke

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#23 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Shwarma that is a good sign!! Is it terrible that I WANT to feel like I'm going to throw up?!

I think having the kids so close in age will be nice when they are older at least Just going to be a rough couple of years probably. DD really does like to "help" already, so hopefully 9 mos from now she is actually able to!!

#24 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Shwarma that is a good sign!! Is it terrible that I WANT to feel like I'm going to throw up?!
Well I haven't puked yet, but I'll feel a lot more secure when I do too. I have a feeling it's coming soon, as last night's Pei Wei didn't sit well with me and this morning it was still 'digesting'.

#25 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 PM

You guys start a chat thread, and just take off!

I also have been way too lazy. I am also sick, sick, sick. Not m/s yet (although I usually get HG so badly that I'm in and out of the hospital) but I have the worst flu/cold/strep throat feeling blah crap ever. I'm so tired, but I can't sleep because I can't breathe through my nose. I have the aches all over and a headache to boot.

My poor IM feels horrible that I'm so sick. I don't take meds (like sudafed stuff) when I'm not pregnant, but she feels so bad that I'm sick now and can't do anything about it. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.
Although the kids are loving me being this sick.. dh has been in charge of supper so they've had take out since Saturday. That's gotta stop!!

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d
#26 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 03:44 PM

So, I'm still a little in disbelief over this...it feels like it's been SO LONG since I was really pregnant. (backstory, I had 3 late-term miscariages over 18m before finally conceiving DS2--DS1 is adopted--and now DS2 has just turned 2. We'd hoped to have these kids around 24-30m apart, but this will be 34 months...we've been ttc basically since DS2 was a year old, although I've only been cycling for about 7 months ) ANYWAY, last month I'm sure I was pg though I never got a postive test (long story short, we live in a VERY rural place and I couldn't get my hands on one for over a week and by then it was too late...) BUT, I have tests now, and I took one this morning almost on a whim, and WOW would ya LOOKIT THAT!!!!!

DS2 is still nursing, and I've been trying to night wean him for a few months now, but he's determined about it and even though it went well for a couple of weeks, this last week or so he's been nursing a lot at night. this morning I woke up with the sorest breasts...I'm gonna have to be a little more strict with him about this cuz I can't wake up feeling like that every morning! Given my history of miscarriage I'm also a little concerned about him nursing too much causing problems with the pregnancy...I know it's rare, but it does happen, and he's old enough that making him cut back isn't goign to hurt him.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#27 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 PM

brightonwoman - so happy to see you here. I remember you thread in TTC last month. I'm glad you got your this month though, because now you are in the amazingly awesome nov ddc! Sending you tons and tons of sticky :

#28 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
brightonwoman - so happy to see you here. I remember you thread in TTC last month. I'm glad you got your this month though, because now you are in the amazingly awesome nov ddc! Sending you tons and tons of sticky :
: ahh, thanks. this time last month was super hard, I'm sure praying I don't get a repeat...Ive got to look at this mnth though, and that helps!

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#29 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
rrs

Quote:
Rebecca, your son is v. close in age to my DD. Are you nervous about having your second so soon? We were actually planning to wait a few more months this time around so the kids would be more like 2 1/2 years apart. We really are so thrilled though and I am excited they are going to be so close in age! I went a week early w/ DD so I'm curious if this next babe might end up an Oct babe too...
I'm not too nervous. I'm sure there will be challenges. But, we've been wanting another baby since Carter was 6 months old. I've had lots of time to think about the logistics! My sister and I are 19 months apart, and she and my brother are 23 months apart. My mom always says, each subsequent baby was easier than the last. I tend to be a lot like her, so I'm hoping this will hold true for me, too! The worst part for me with Carter was the anxiety. My mom said the same was true for her.

[QUOTE=MrsReady2bMama;13300697Rebecca I can't imagine how hungry you must be!!!! I remember when I was BF-ing and also tried to work out, I was so hungry that I had to cut out the workouts to control it!![/QUOTE]

I AM hungry Especially due to Carter's dietary restrictions. I'm at least five pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with him, which was underweight for my height, also. I'm trying to get 2300 calories a day. Only have met that goal once this week :

We are adding milk back in, to see how he reacts. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that in my diet.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

#30 of 40 Old 03-04-2009, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

IAmPink - I think it is good the thread is weekly or else we'd get lost with all these posts ! I am like you - I never take meds, preggers or not, if I can avoid it. I hope you feel better soon!

Welcome brighton! sticky vibes for you!!!

Rebecca wow, 2300 calories! That definitely is a challenge, especially if you aren't gobbling up cookies and cakes (which is how I would definitely be tempted to make that up!!) I know people think it is so great, and it is nice to be able to eat whatever you want, but I always hated the feeling of being constantly hungry. I'm hoping to avoid that this time around but I can already feel it creeping up on me!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page