Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisie125 View Post
Anyone else already tandem nursing?
Yep!

I'm tandem nursing my 3 yo dd and 1 yo ds. This is my second pregnancy I've tandemed through, third pregnancy I've nursed through. My second to oldest self weaned at 4 years 10 months old. Right now my 3 yo is very attached to her "yummies" at nap time especially. She no longer nurses at night but this is a recent thing she has accomplished. (she's a big girl and sleeps in a big girl bed with her big sister!)

Nursing isn't painful. I don't have soreness at latch on or off at all. Course, I've been nursing for 6 solid years so I think they're pretty much hardened to it by now. I plan on nursing until they want to stop, so could end up triandem nursing this time around.

Not everyone looses thier supply. I never have. It can slow down some but doesn't nesssassarily stop. All women are different.

Adventures in Tandem nursing is a great book!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 09:55 PM

I'm still nursing my 20 month old!!! I hope she doesn't wean because of me being pregnant, I love nursing her. :

Anyway, I didn't have any pain until the past two days, and even now, its only on one side and not so much on the other. I've had two miscarriages since her birth and both of those pregnancies my nipple pain was excruciating.

And, yes, I'm planning on tandem nursing.

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

Old 03-15-2009, 12:17 PM

I am currently nursing a 23m.o. It doesn't hurt yet, I am feeling slightly annoyed though as she has been constantly nursing as my supply has already dropped- my supply is very affected by more hormones. I expect I will pretty much dry up as I did last time. Last time I did continue nursing through the pregnancy some and he did end up nursing some afterwards, but I found it really -unpleasant. I don't wish to do it again- although I had this fantasy it would be roses and sunshine as it seems so many paint it. Both of the kids are still co-sleeping as well and I would like to work on moving them to the kids room to sleep together during this pregnancy. I feel very crowded nights as it is being surrounded by kids that I am ready for some space.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:12 PM

I'm nursing my 21mo, who likes to nurse a lot and doesn't like to eat food. We nightweaned a couple of months ago so I get a slight break at night on some nights. He is having trouble maintaining weight so I definitely won't be weaning him during this pregnancy but who knows if he will wean or not. I can tell my supply has dropped slightly because he is switching more and trying to twiddle a lot more. Its not painful yet but I am more easily annoyed by his long morning nursing session in which he likes to move around a lot.
I can't imagine tandeming with him as hes a very active nurser, we shall see.
Nice to know so many others are facing the same battles.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 AM

I have a question for you ladies ...

When you are nursing your LO does your nausea go up? It seems everytime
I nurse no matter what time of day or night I get sicker from nausea. Just wondering if this is normal?

Rebekah married to Justin Mama to Jonah and Josiah
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM

I'm nursing my son...he'll be 3 in August. He still nurses throughout the day and night.

I am feeling sore...Mostly my boobs are tingly and feel like they're on the verge of constant let down. I wouldn't say it "hurts", it's just mildly uncomfortable.

I don't plan to wean and hope to tandem.

Does anyone else feel like their milk supply may have increased.

Carolina, tree hugging, treehugger.gif animal loving, backyard chicken keeping, Wife to Dh, homeschooling Mama to Ds1(Aug '06) and Ds2 (Nov '09)

Old 03-17-2009, 01:11 PM

I am nursing an almost 16 mo old son. I nursed DD throughout my whole 2nd pg. and tandem nursed for almost a year. I really did not enjoy tandem nursing at first but it did get much easier after she was used to the baby having her "nummers". In the beginning she wanted to nurse as much as he did and then she would get sick from too much milk. I had to put some limits on when she was allowed to nurse and for how long. I hadn't planned on doing that but it kept me sane enough to continue nursing her.
This little one doesn't nurse like she did though, and I have never thought he would nurse as long. He is still very dependent on it but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't wean during the end of pregnancy. It did get painful though, and very annoying at times during pregnancy. I think it is the extra hormones.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jonah View Post
I have a question for you ladies ...

When you are nursing your LO does your nausea go up? It seems everytime
I nurse no matter what time of day or night I get sicker from nausea. Just wondering if this is normal?
I wish I could help. I don't get morning sickness/nausea at all when pregnant. But I could see it happening...all the influx of hormones from nursing and let down. Hope you feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Momma View Post
ME! I was just coming on here to ask that question. Can milk supply increase during pregnancy?

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

Old 03-17-2009, 05:40 PM
rrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Momma View Post

In the very beginning, yes I did. That lasted till almost 5 weeks. Now I feel like I'm fighting decreased supply.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 PM

I am still nursing my nearly 19 mo DS here... We're planning on tandem nursing if he nurses through the pregnancy which I'm sure he will since he still nurses all day and a couple times at night still.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Yep!

I'm tandem nursing my 3 yo dd and 1 yo ds. This is my second pregnancy I've tandemed through, third pregnancy I've nursed through. My second to oldest self weaned at 4 years 10 months old. Right now my 3 yo is very attached to her "yummies" at nap time especially. She no longer nurses at night but this is a recent thing she has accomplished. (she's a big girl and sleeps in a big girl bed with her big sister!)

Nursing isn't painful. I don't have soreness at latch on or off at all. Course, I've been nursing for 6 solid years so I think they're pretty much hardened to it by now. I plan on nursing until they want to stop, so could end up triandem nursing this time around.

Not everyone looses thier supply. I never have. It can slow down some but doesn't nesssassarily stop. All women are different.

Adventures in Tandem nursing is a great book!

me too guys. i'm nursing an almost 4 year old and a 14 month old. ds1 doesn't nurse all that much anymore though. sometimes he will go a few days without asking and then suddenly want to nurse a bunch. he was a total nurser as a baby and never really liked solid food. even now he gets most of his nurtrition from liquids. he is just a really picky eater. ds2 loves solid food and doesn't nurse near as much as his older brother did but he still nurses a ton. i remember when pregnant with him and with the baby in between him and his brother i hated nursing while pregnant in the beginning. this time around i'm not having much tenderness and actually that worries me. like makes me think something is wrong. i not planning on weaning anyone. although maybe ds1 will wean himself soon. he told me the other day he just wants to nurse until hes 4. ha. we'll see. dh and i often joke that ds2 will wean first.

User Tag List