High Risk support thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to start a thread for anyone who is high risk and/or a worry wort like me. It helps that I have had a healthy baby, but with a stillbirth and a miscarriage I am (of course) a bit worried. Luckily they tend to watch me like a hawk... extra U/S, fetal monitoring, etc. All things I never thought I would want to have, but honestly, after experiencing my first loss, I will go through whatever is necessary to ensure a healthy baby.

So, does anyone else have the unfortunateness of being high risk?

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#2 of 19 Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 PM

Hi risk is not only miscarriage, also high risk we are those who have a pregnancy before and have some problems during our pregnancy, I had abortion symptom up to the 6th month, also when I was 22 weeks start with preeclampsia and finally at my 7 1/2 month Gestational diabetes......all those thing are high risk too.

So I know what is being thinking if you are going to survive another week or not because I was bleeding since I was 4 1/2 weeks......
then with the preeclampsia was praying to have at least 27 weeks for baby that probably will be at least 6 weeks in the NICU (neonathal Intensive Care Unit).......
when I was finally over the 27 weeks my hubby's office sent him to work close to the jungle in brazil for a month.....then during that month...... Gestational Diabetes appear......

you know how I was...... give me a breath please!!!!...........Finally my miracle born at the 39 week healthy and strong...... now he is 9 years old.....and he never image what his mother do for having him.

It hard my dear, but we can survive and I am able to be bedrest the 8 month again for being a mom, the first time is a little hard, the next ones you learn a little more for take them easy.

The only thing that I know that since my son's pregnancy, I learn to enjoy any pregnancy as long as it is, because being afraid for 35 weeks is not healthy for anyone else....because the stress was worse that all the symptoms that I had.

Best than being afraid is having a good conversation with your Doctor, for doing the best for having a healthy pregnancy, think positive and enjoy it. Yesterday I miscarriage again (is my 4th time) but I enjoy the few weeks being happy and going to try again, because I never put my arms down. I did my best, had the dayly aspirin, all the vitamins, folic acid (I'm close to the 40's), progesterone, magnesium & finally my metformin, my Doctor was away from the country in a congress but anyway his office notice him about my situation, he sent me an email......a good comunication with Your Doctor is the best you can do for you, your baby and your healthy pregnancy...... the difficulties are hard any way, but they are more easy when you feel that you did your best and with your Doctor you are a good team.

Sorry for extend this long, but don't be afraid and think positive, If you have questions look for the answers, If your are sad look for a shoulder, If your are afraid look for someone who give you peace and is able to walk with you. Sorry about my english and I wish you understand my message.

A big hug for you

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
#3 of 19 Old 03-15-2009, 06:15 PM

I will probably be here with you. If you need an ear, I'm here.

Mommy to ds12, dd11, ds8, ds6, dd4, ^dd^ HB Loss, and dd 1
#4 of 19 Old 03-15-2009, 07:21 PM

I'm here with you as well. My son was stillborn sept 26 (33 weeks) and then I just had a miscarriage two months ago. I'm only 4 1/2 weeks pregnant now and am so happy but so nervous! DD who is now 2 was born emergency c-sec. at 36 weeks. I am really really hoping for a very uneventful pregnancy that ends in a great labor and birth. It's so hard, I know right where you're at and I'm here if you need anything.

Mommy to Natalie (3), Blaise (b/d 9/26/08 at 33 weeks), and my six m/c babies (1/09, 3/09, 4/09, 8/09, 2/10, 5/10)
#5 of 19 Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, mommy mini, we are, like, leading parallel lives practically! I am sorry you had to go through that. I am hoping for an uneventful pregnancy too... but I know I will not be completely at ease about the pregnancy till I am holding that baby in my arms. Then the other worries can move on in...

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#6 of 19 Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 PM

Well, I'm already out.. I started bleeding yesterday, went to the doctor and my levels have dropped. So I'm miscarrying again(5weeks). I am soooo incredibly sad and frustrated. I just can't believe I have lost three babies now in such a short time. My heart just can't be broken any more.
I really really hope your pregnancy goes well and that you have a beautiful baby to hold soon. You will be in my thoughts. Best of luck!

Mommy to Natalie (3), Blaise (b/d 9/26/08 at 33 weeks), and my six m/c babies (1/09, 3/09, 4/09, 8/09, 2/10, 5/10)
#7 of 19 Old 03-20-2009, 07:15 AM
rrs

Mommy_mini, I'm so sorry. . Please be gentle with yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_mini View Post
Well, I'm already out.. I started bleeding yesterday, went to the doctor and my levels have dropped. So I'm miscarrying again(5weeks). I am soooo incredibly sad and frustrated. I just can't believe I have lost three babies now in such a short time. My heart just can't be broken any more.
I really really hope your pregnancy goes well and that you have a beautiful baby to hold soon. You will be in my thoughts. Best of luck!

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

#8 of 19 Old 03-20-2009, 02:03 PM

Shouldn't be hr here, but I wanted to lend my support to all you mammas.
I'm sorry mommy-mini
#9 of 19 Old 03-20-2009, 08:24 PM

Just noticed this thread and thought this would be a good place for me.
When I was pregnant with my DD I went for my 20 week ultrasound. They said that I was dialating and my BOW was funneling. After being told by one doctor I would lose her I got a second opinion and a cerclage placed.
DD actually stayed put until 40w6d
Now with each subsequent pregnancy I have to have a cerclage placed at 13 weeks and I have to be seen by and Ob as well as my MW.
DS was a HB and I am hoping for the same with this litle bean.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#10 of 19 Old 03-20-2009, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mommy Mini, I am so sorry. It isn't fair.

#11 of 19 Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Hi there, I think I'm a high(er)-risk mama. I had pregnancy-induced hypertension with my daughter, and my bp never really came down. It's usually 140/85, compared 100/60 before I got preg. I also gained weight since dd was born so now I'm overweight.

So I'm at risk for PIH/pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, and other risks associated with extra weight.

I'm just going to try eating as well as possible and getting exercise...stay positive and hope for the best!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#12 of 19 Old 03-22-2009, 06:48 PM

I think I can place myself in here as well.

After 2 MC's I'm a bit nervous about this one. I haven't placed myself on the EDD until I go for a 2nd u/s next week.

Very, very sorry Victorian Patch and Mini. Hoping for your quick recovery.

MC #1: 12/05; MC #2: 1/09 Mama to our first that arrived 11/2/09
#13 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 PM

hi ladies, I thougt I may as well join in. I am so sorry for all of your losses and struggles, mommy_mimi I am so very sorry.

I just found out I am preggo-about 4 weeks. I have an abnormally shaped uterus and getting the embryo to implant properly is difficult. I have had one successful pregnancy and a loss in September of last year. I haven't been to a MW or OB yet, I am almost afraid to go. I am really wanting to be positive but I feel like I may be setting myself up for disappointment again. I do "feel" more optimistic this time but it could just be because it is still so new. I am glad to have a group to listen to me and who understands my fears. Thanks
#14 of 19 Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM

I will most likely be high risk. Overweight, borderline HBP and had pre-eclampsia with dd which resulted in being induced at 37 weeks. I'm walking daily and really watching what I eat and hoping for a healthy 9 months.
#15 of 19 Old 04-29-2009, 04:34 PM

How's everyone doing? It looks like I'll be joining after all. My u/s showed complete previa, and I know it's early, but I haven't found the best stats on a cpp moving.
So for now I have to take it easy. I'm reading up on it and cesareans also. Is anyone else prepping for a cesarean just in case? I just want to be prepared in case I go on complete bed rest or end up in the hospital.
#16 of 19 Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

I am glad this thread got bumped. My U/S is on Monday and I am bracing myself... my miscarriage happened this past Nov when i went in for my U/S. *sigh* I am also a toilet paper checker (to see if there is any blood). I am a worrier.... being high risk makes it that much more intense. Luckily, they are keeping a close eye on everything.

Hope everyone is doing well!

#17 of 19 Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 PM

Things are going pretty well for me so far. My blood pressure actually seems to be going down ever since I got pregnant (from 140/90 on average down to 130/70). I am so happy for the change! Now I have a bit of a buffer for my bp to go up again at the end (as it probably will). When my midwife took my bp at my first visit, she commented that it was the same as hers and totally fine!

As for my weight, I've either lost 5 lbs or so or am right around my pre-preg wt (I decided to stop stepping on the scale a few weeks ago). I think it's probably a bad idea for me to know what my weight is. I don't want to feel like restricting myself if it's going up more than I like, so I think I will just remain ignorant to the numbers, and rely on how the baby and I are feeling!

I'm glad this thread is bumped so we can continue updating and supporting eachother!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#18 of 19 Old 04-30-2009, 11:51 AM

My bp is actually down right now too. I was up around 130/80 pre-pg and my last two OB visits were 118/66 and 118/70 which is beyond excellent for me. I'm very hopeful to not revisit pre-e this time around.
#19 of 19 Old 04-30-2009, 07:53 PM

I may be joinging you depending on how my ultrasound goes on Wednesday.

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page