Names picked out?! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it's a girl it will 100% for sure be Piper. I'm pretty sure the combo will be Piper Juliet, although the middle name is not set in stone.

If it's a boy, it will very likely be Henry Dean. The other name we're tossing around is Gideon Oliver.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 01:01 AM

Our baby naming rule is that the name must be an established first name that has been in the English language for at least two hundred years, correctly spelled and on the correct gender. I think we've got our girl's name picked out, and we've got the boys' names narrowed down to three.

Earlier today when I was picking up dd from school, someone behind me called out, "Hey, [girl's name we picked out]!" to someone else, and I turned around.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 03-26-2009, 12:26 PM

I read all the names and sound nice, but my favorites in english that doesn't match with hubby's spanish last name are :

Molly, Bridget, Ophelia, Ethan, Michael, Carol, Fiona, Henry, Benjamin, Joan, Peter, Matthew, Daniel & Bruce

For us we have choices, Victoria & Tomás

the other spanish names that I love for Girls are : Mariana, Verónica, Colomba, Ignacia, Fernanda, Antonia, Milagros, Trinidad, Macarena, Simona & Camila
For boys : Nicolás, Ignacio, Mateo, Vicente, Andrés, Pedro, Federico, Martín & Matías

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 PM

We've used our boy names, so we are screwed if it's a boy. For girls we've already ruled out a few, but I'm totally blanking. This kid could be nameless at birth.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:42 PM

Well we have set up a pretty interesting sibset so far LOL so I am having a hard time thinking of a name that will "go" with the other three. MNs will probably be Agnes Jane for a girl or Cornelius John for a boy (first MN in each are for my gparents who both passed away last year).

Some of the names we are kicking around are: Scarlett and DH is pushing for Caoimhe (keeva)...I think Caoimhe is too complicated even for us LOL and plus it sounds a little too close to Niamh for my liking (neev).

For a boy I am thinking about Cian (kee-an) or Leo and we still have Graeme and Roan left from when we were pregnant with Isla (also Heath but somehow I just can't see us using that name now even though we still really like it).

Basically I look on top 100 lists from countries which have all of my kids names listed already and look at the other choices and try to decide from there <snort>...so we are choosing from the top 100 lists from Scotland, England/Wales and Ireland LOL!

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 PM

we were thinking of Carolina Concetta --for my mom and middle name for my grandma (i wonder how annoying it would get when people pronounced it like the state all the time though...) I like the nick name out of it "Leeena"
also like the names:
Greta
Elizabeth (call her Libby)

boy names are hard :
but the middle name will more than likely be Teodoro (for my FIL)

2004 2009
Old 03-26-2009, 11:38 PM

I love Liam...maybe even William called Liam? I'm obsessed with nicknames. IE our dd is Charlotte and we call her Charley (pronounced like the boys name) so now I'm on this kick of naming all our girls pretty girl names with boy nicknames (stupid, I know) like:

Joanna (Jo)
Samantha (Sam)
Michaela (Mickey...dh hates that nickname though!)

We'll have to see...dh doesn't like talking about names super early so I'm brainstorming on my own. I have this idea of picking a name for a boy and a name for a girl (cause we're not finding out what we're having) and having them start with the same first letter, then sharing just that letter with family and friends if they want to monogram anything. So like:

Samantha Grace and Samuel Matthew

Michaela Grace and Matthew John

Cute, huh??

Wife to dh and mama to : dd (7/08) and ds (11/09)

User Tag List