Body butters, oils, lotions and potions! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you (plan to) slather on your belly?

I finally found the goods I wanted at the organic store:

Kiss my face vitamin A and E lotion

Burt's Bees mama bee body oil

Yummy!

I also have some Palmer's cocoa butter left over from last time. I was greased up pretty well after my shower last night!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, my belly is already like a mine field, but I got a sample of Bella B tummy honey butter and it's divine (and paraben free)! Sells for $20, and I think I'm just going to buy it for myself, not for stretch mark prevention (can't undo damage to this poor belly!)

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Bella-B-Tummy-..._bxgy_ba_img_b

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

What a cute package, I love the pregnant queenbee! I wonder what the ingredients are? Anti-itch is great, my belly got pretty itchy last time. And my forearms...I'd wake up scratching my arms and it feel so good to scratch but it was so bad to scratch!

#4 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily's_Mom View Post
What a cute package, I love the pregnant queenbee! I wonder what the ingredients are?
I'll give you the first half: Almond oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax, sorbitan oleate, candellia wax, ozokerite wax, corn starch, wheat germ oil, red clover flower extract, vit E, jojoba oil, sesame oil, elder flower extract, olive oil, lily root extract, lecithin, hops extract, sunflower oil, honey, bisobolol, rose hip oil, cucumber extract...and more! I guess we could always eat it if all else fails...:

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#5 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 PM

i've never used anything! i will def. toward the end here, though. it's so dry in colorado compared to virginia! i've been itching my (non-pregnant) belly all winter long!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#6 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM

I'm going to mix up the same belly oil I made for my first pg. I loved it for itchy skin and stretch mark prevention.
#7 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 10:59 PM

I use raw coconut oil all over my body when ever I think about it. I think I will use it daily on my belly to see if it helps prevent stretch marks. Anyone else use coconut oil on their belly's??

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#8 of 19 Old 03-23-2009, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebalmmama View Post
I'm going to mix up the same belly oil I made for my first pg. I loved it for itchy skin and stretch mark prevention.
Which oils do you put in your mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwright View Post
I use raw coconut oil all over my body when ever I think about it. I think I will use it daily on my belly to see if it helps prevent stretch marks. Anyone else use coconut oil on their belly's??
The kiss my face lotion I got has coconut oil as the third ingredient (the list on the bottle is different from the web listing). I was really excited when I saw that and figured it would be really good for my skin!

#9 of 19 Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 AM

I used the Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil with DS and I loved it. DH would joke about me "basting the turkey" every night before bed. I can't wait to pick some up...the smell is so unique that I'm sure it'll stir up lots of wonderful memories.
#10 of 19 Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogautumn View Post
I used the Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil with DS and I loved it.
Weleda is awesome! I used their calendula diaper cream for DD and it would work in just hours, no kidding.

#11 of 19 Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Weleda is awesome! I used their calendula diaper cream for DD and it would work in just hours, no kidding.
I know, it's like they use magic calendula or something!
#12 of 19 Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM

I'm going to try the shea aloe butter here http://www.kindheartedwomen.com/shealoebutter.php

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

#13 of 19 Old 03-25-2009, 02:00 AM

With my first two, my absolute favorite after sampling just about EVERY product was The Body Shop cocoa butter. It's very smooth, not too thick, not too watery and the smell is just divine- just enough. Also, it didn't leave grease spots on anything.

This time, I've gotten addicted to just plain coocnut oil. It feels nice so far but it feels like it wears off quickly. I may switch to the old favorite by the time stretch mark time comes around.

FWIW, don't get disheartened if you are diligent about your belly lotion and get stretch marks anyways, they're genetic. There's not much you can do except keep yourself comfortable and itch free (and smelling great!)
#14 of 19 Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 AM

I have tried coconut oil, but it is too drying for me. I do well with Jojoba Oil or Squalene. I used to love Weleda, but can't stand the smell right now. I will probably end up just using some very bland natural oils.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#15 of 19 Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billikengirl View Post
I'm going to try the shea aloe butter here http://www.kindheartedwomen.com/shealoebutter.php
That looks heavenly, I may have to try some!
#16 of 19 Old 03-25-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwright View Post
I use raw coconut oil on my face. For my belly I've started using earthmama angelbaby natural stretch oil.
#17 of 19 Old 03-25-2009, 03:32 PM

I bought some Shea Butter when I was pregnant with dd1. I couldn't handle the smell of it, and still can't. So I've honestly never tried anything. : I haven't got any stretch marks yet. But I do like slathering myself with lotion. It makes me feel special somehow.
That Kiss My Face stuff looks really nice... where did you get it? And does it have a strong scent (even natural scent will turn me off, if it is too strong)

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#18 of 19 Old 03-25-2009, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
That Kiss My Face stuff looks really nice... where did you get it? And does it have a strong scent (even natural scent will turn me off, if it is too strong)
I got it at Planet Organic. The scent is a light, peachy smell. I have the KMF peaches and creme face lotion that smells very peachy, but the vitamin a and e lotion smells a lot lighter.

#19 of 19 Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily's_Mom View Post
I got it at Planet Organic. The scent is a light, peachy smell. I have the KMF peaches and creme face lotion that smells very peachy, but the vitamin a and e lotion smells a lot lighter.
Looks like I'm going for a walk to Planet Organic today... they also have some delicious root beer that DH bought for me the other day. It tasted so good and I think it helped with the nausea.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page