Do your boobs hurt yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2009, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or is it just me?

It's typically during the night/early morning, I wake up and my boobs are really sore to the touch. Or, if I've rolled over onto my tummy in the middle of the night, I wake up and my boobs are killing me!

I've never been the type to have sensitive boobs, so this is pretty strange for me, lol. And it may be all in my head, but I SWEAR they're bigger, too. Is that even possible at 6 weeks, 4 days?

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 PM

Yes, it is possible and very real! Mine have hurt from the beginning. Some days/times they feel more sore than others. They definitely are bigger than before and swollen a tad. DH is normally a boob man and its been hard for him to not squeeze on 'em like usual.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by november View Post
I've never been the type to have sensitive boobs, so this is pretty strange for me, lol. And it may be all in my head, but I SWEAR they're bigger, too. Is that even possible at 6 weeks, 4 days?
My Boops are hurting since the beginning. I already bought new bras, with larger cup sizes, which made my life soo much better. I also wear sports bras at night and since then my boops feel less soar. I still can't lay on them and my husband can't touch them as much, but it is better now.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM

Yep, sensitive boobs here too. In fact they were the reason I tested yesterday since that was my first symptom when I was pg with dd. They're now officially my pg alert system
Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siennaflower View Post
Yep, sensitive boobs here too. In fact they were the reason I tested yesterday since that was my first symptom when I was pg with dd. They're now officially my pg alert system

Same story here. With dd I felt pregnant in my boobs before anything. Last week I noticed my boobs getting bigger, then starting to hurt and that's why I tested on Saturday.

Pretty handy pregnancy-alert system!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 PM

Yes! I'm actually ok with it, since its a good sign! I don't sleep with a top on though so sometimes in the middle of the night I roll on them and that hurts pretty bad. They are very heavy and swollen too.

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 PM

Mine have hurt for almost four weeks now... maybe more... and other people are starting to notice they look bigger, too. Sheesh! I am up a cup size and worried about growing out of that...!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:20 PM

The initial latch on when nursing is really starting to hurt!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:35 PM

YES. All the time. That was actually my first pregnancy symptom, and it hasn't subsided yet!

Mama to DS 11/25/09 kid.gif
Married to my truelove since 6/2/2007 fuzmalesling.gif

pos.gif <- that happened, EDD 6/28/14

Old 03-24-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by november View Post
I've never been the type to have sensitive boobs, so this is pretty strange for me, lol.
I've always told my men, if you're up there it's for you cuz it does nothing for me!

BUT THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cats and I are currently re-negotiating loving time. If they get their paws anywhere near my boobies right now I tend to instinctively ball up.

I cannot IMAGINE trying to BF right now.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
Old 03-24-2009, 09:10 PM

They aren't super sore, but they are definitely very tingly.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
Old 03-24-2009, 10:25 PM
rrs

Not as sore or swollen with my first pregnancy, but I'm attributing it to the fact that I'm currently breastfeeding.

With Carter I was up a cup size by 7 weeks.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 PM

Mine are sore, and my nipples are ultra sensitive! They aren't too much bigger... but sore YES!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 PM

Super sore from about 14 DPO until now, they feel like big bruises. They also have swelled up a bit, but I embrace it

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 PM

Mine are very sore...some days are worse than others and it's usually worse at night and first thing in the morning. Nursing an acrobatic 2 yr old is definately challenging sometimes and the initial latch sometimes makes me cringe...thankfully it subsides and becomes more tolerable after a short time.

Carolina, tree hugging, treehugger.gif animal loving, backyard chicken keeping, Wife to Dh, homeschooling Mama to Ds1(Aug '06) and Ds2 (Nov '09)

Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 AM
rrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Momma View Post
Mine are very sore...some days are worse than others and it's usually worse at night and first thing in the morning. Nursing an acrobatic 2 yr old is definately challenging sometimes and the initial latch sometimes makes me cringe...thankfully it subsides and becomes more tolerable after a short time.
Do you find it different from the soreness of your first pregnancy? I do.

The initial latch has definitely made me cringe. And my nipples hurt constantly. This time the pain seems more nipple centered, as opposed to my whole breast like last time.

The other thing is, I can feel letdowns all of a sudden, after months of not feeling them. It was one of my first "symptoms".

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs View Post
Do you find it different from the soreness of your first pregnancy? I do.

The initial latch has definitely made me cringe. And my nipples hurt constantly. This time the pain seems more nipple centered, as opposed to my whole breast like last time.

The other thing is, I can feel letdowns all of a sudden, after months of not feeling them. It was one of my first "symptoms".
I notice a big difference between this and my pregnancy with ds. I also feel let down, even when I'm not nursing sometimes. My nipples are VERY sensitive.

Today I told ds that my breasts were very sore and implored him to latch with his mouth opened very wide, so now he's attaching to the breast with the funniest expression I've seen him make.

Carolina, tree hugging, treehugger.gif animal loving, backyard chicken keeping, Wife to Dh, homeschooling Mama to Ds1(Aug '06) and Ds2 (Nov '09)

Old 03-25-2009, 04:59 AM

Very sore, very sensitive, and I put on a bathing suit the other day and looked down at my cleavage thinking, "I swear there's more here than there used to be."

Those of you still nursing, you have my sympathies. OUCH!

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side

User Tag List