I'm spotting : ( - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
good luck to you.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going on my 4th day of bleeding now. It slows down at night and picks up during the day regardless of laying motionless most of the day. I have lower back ache which I'm hoping is from laying down all day and some abdominal cramping, this is not very severe and I can almost pass it as digestive cramping... bedrest does not favor regularity I'm finding! After reading about kerry bennys mama last night I started to feel very hopeless, my baby was measuring small on the ultrasound as well. All day long I go back and forth between feeling really hopeful and positive and worrying myself to tears.

I called the doctor this morning to see if they received the results from the ultrasound. They hadn't yet, but the nurse said she would call the hospital and see if they could fax them over. Hopefully I will hear from the doctor sometime today. I want to ask if my baby's heart rate was good, I heard it, it sounded good but they didn't tell me how fast it was. I also want to ask him how common it is to have a baby measuring small this early on. I don't want to go into the weekend without knowing anymore than I do now.

I'm really trying to think positive. The info on the web has been very uplifting, I've read a lot about threatened miscarriage and pretty much everything says if I heard a heart beat then I have strong chances of having a healthy pregnancy, the lowest percentage was 75%. I'm hanging onto that but I end up crying several times a day no matter how positive I'm trying to be.

The nice part about this bedrest is that I have been able to fit in lots of movies and reading, and my darling husband will bring me whatever my heart desires on top of doing all the housework. He has been the most supportive man. He's earning himself lots of brownie points.

I appreciate all you ladies and your messages, I would like to extend my sincere thanks

Heidi in Utah

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gosh I'm so sorry you're going through this!!! I know it would certainly takes it's toll on me too and understand completely your feeling hopeless at times. I hate that the u/s techs can't tell you anything...grr!! Hopefully you get some good news soon!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM

I hope everything works out for you.
I know how hard it is being on strict bedrest. I was on it from 20 - 34 weeks with my DD.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Hey girl, I know the feeling of being bedrest, totally boring and stressed with your feelings. Try to get you a soap novel, like Danielle Steel's, but try to get distracted..... I know it is dificult, but we can always find a way to, sudoku games, I don't know what you like, but believe me that is you can distract your self is going to be more easy. I hope I can be there and help you having a good conversation, but I'm 2 far from you. Remember that I was 9 months in bed and bit more, but is not my story is yours, after that long the only thing that I ask for was for a pencil to draw my back line again (hope you understand). Is not easy to lay down in bed, sometimes we get crazy, but we can survive, believe me. Please don't put your arms down yet.

I know laying down in bed make you feel aches everywhere, neck, back, legs, arms, hair, nails is horrible, but when we are distracted most of this pain disappear.....so if you feel you can not walk to toilet, crawl my dear.

On the other hand I don't understand how long they take for an ultrasound report...... here after the U/S while I'm dressing up, the Doctors is signing the report, so I bring it inmediatelly to my Doctor. All the Doctors that do this kind of exams know all the references tables and for typing the report they just need a standard page to type the things on it. Well I wish you get your result soon......this kind of situation is not helping very much.

Please don't forget that I was not only spotting sometimes was bleeding during my first 6 months of preganancy, so think positive.....as you say you heard the heartbeat.

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20bedresting/ here you can see 2 pics from my pregnancy, is not a whale is me :

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 AM

, hang in there and stay positive.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 PM

How are you doing today mamma??

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 PM

Thinking of you Heidi and hoping that the bleeding stops

~Shawnna~ Lucas 11/02 Wyatt 10/05
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 PM

Just stopping by to remind you that we are all thinking of you. I hope you are feeling a bit better today, and hoping we get an update soon.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Well, it's been another day filled with excitement. Not! (lol, remember when that word was so popular) Sorry, I'm beginning to lose it and things like that are starting to amuse me. I made it through half of Twilight today. Up until now I have refused to read it because of the highschoolesk content, but I have to admit it is a good distraction...... that Edward! Woo Wee! Whenever I start looking depressed my husband comes in and does this sexy little dance that makes me laugh. Don't tell him I told you, he would kill me. I enjoyed victorian patches cute bedrest pics (I like your wedding one too!) So last night we posted mine on the belly pics thread. My emotions are still up and down all day but I'm trying to keep it on the up side most of the time.

Today, the bleeding continues, no better, no worse. Some cramping as well, same as before. I comfort myself in that it has not gotten heavy, and the cramping is not extremely painful. No clots either. I'm feeling these are all good signs. Also, I don't know if any of you are religious. I'm not so much, atleast not in any organized way but I was raised LDS (or mormon) my parents are active in that church. Anyway, in that religion a Father can give something called a fathers blessing. I've always asked my dad for one whenever something big is happening in my life. My dad is very special to me, he is the nicest person I know and I just feel if anyone can get inspiration from some other worldly source, it would be him. I had one just after finding out I was pregnant and he told me that I would face some difficulties in this pregnancy but blessed me that I would be able to carry and deliver a healthy baby. He came to stay with me yesterday afternoon and I asked for another. It was a nice blessing, and he said afterwards that he had a good feeling about all this. This does provide me with some comfort. I'm certainly feeling everyones love and prayers, thank you for that.

crossing my fingers

Heidi in Utah

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 AM

It's so great that you have a supportive family who is there for you (including the dancing DH )! Thanks for the update and stay positive.

BTW, thanks for telling me that 'not' is no longer cool...I still use it sometimes!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 AM

Just popping in to let you know I am thinking about you as well. I am glad that your family is surrounding you right now. I hope that you can keep your spirits up and let us know how you are doing. I am sorry that you are going through this right now.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 AM

: You have a great family!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

User Tag List