Are you going to find out the gender? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Will you be finding out the gender or waiting?
Yes, we'll find out via ultrasound! 38 50.00%
No, we are waiting until s/he arrives! 32 42.11%
Other. 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 04-03-2009, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I will be having 2 more ultrasounds this pregnancy due to medical neccesity. I will find out if baby co-operates.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 PM

This is probably the one and only time in my life that I'll be truly surprised (everything, from meeting a whole new person to finding out the sex).

So, no, we're not going to find out. Plus, I really think it'll piss off family and friends and that will bring me a small amount of joy as they grumble about having to get gifts that are "green" or "yellow."

Mom to DD Nov 2009,
#33 of 42 Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 PM

We're waiting. We have always waited until the baby is born to find out.

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#34 of 42 Old 04-04-2009, 09:47 AM

I need to know for when I am weeding out DD's clothes. We are in a VERY small house and can't hang onto too much unnecessary stuff...

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#35 of 42 Old 04-05-2009, 01:58 AM

This is probably me being all first-timer and all, but how do you shop if you don't know?????? I'm DYING to find out so I can start picking some things out!

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#36 of 42 Old 04-05-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
This is probably me being all first-timer and all, but how do you shop if you don't know?????? I'm DYING to find out so I can start picking some things out!
well, i bought some of both when i was pregnant with ethan (we didn't find out and had only had a girl before). we don't do nurseries, so not much to buy there. i had fun shopping after, though. i bought gap & visa gc's while i was pregnant with him, so i could go crazy after, lol!

this time, i have enough of both gender to get us by for a week or so. i bought some organic gap sleepers/socks/hats that are natural/ gender neutral, and i'm sewing up some outfits in both genders. i can always sell/donate/gift the outfits we don't need. i like girly stuff for girls, so besides a few sleepers, i don't do the gender neutral thing. to me gn = boyish, lol!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#37 of 42 Old 04-05-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
I loved all the yellow and green baby clothes. Dd had this really cute sleeper with rainbow-colored stars on it. Babies look adorable in white outfits too!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#38 of 42 Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 PM

We want to know as soon as possible! We want to be able to shop for everything we want and need and we've already been asked by my SIL and my Mom to let them know so they can shop too! :-)

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#39 of 42 Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM

I would like to find out. We are all kind of hoping for a girl, even ds. DS (3.5) said "We already have a boy!" So if it turns out to be a boy I think ds would need some time to adjust, because he's really psyched about having a baby sister. Dh and him already refer to the baby as she. Plus I would like to know if I need to buy some girl stuff or be all set with what we have.
#40 of 42 Old 04-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguintattoo View Post
plus i want to shop!!
ditto!

Ph.D. Mama to Anaiah born 10/06/07 and Mathias born 11/14/09 and Wife to my cocoa puff DH.
My Cup Runs Over Daily!

www.becomingamommy.com

#41 of 42 Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM

All I keep coming back to is a woman in my last DDC who was told she was having a girl. She had pink/girly EVERYTHING. Baby came out a boy. I think I would have such a hard time bonding and would likely mourn for awhile over the baby girl/boy I "lost", kwim? We've always found out before, but I just cannot imagine finding out now.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#42 of 42 Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
All I keep coming back to is a woman in my last DDC who was told she was having a girl. She had pink/girly EVERYTHING. Baby came out a boy. I think I would have such a hard time bonding and would likely mourn for awhile over the baby girl/boy I "lost", kwim? We've always found out before, but I just cannot imagine finding out now.
:

That's the main reason we are not finding out either. I can't imagine them being wrong and having my mind set on having a certain gender and have to deal with that whole issue when I should be bonding with my baby. We don't care which sex we have......but I just don't want to get my mind set on having one or the other prematurely. The other reason is that we didn't find out with our first and I think it gave me that extra strength to push her out in the end because I wanted to know if she was a boy or girl. With no pain meds I try to take any motivation I can find !

I will give you, though, that trying to shop for things that are non-gender specific isn't as fun but the above to issues are too big for me to ignore in my personal situation.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page