? for the mamas on their third or more births - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 04-03-2009, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I was curious to know how third pregnancies go for most women. My second one I feel I really can't compare because I was carrying twins which was a whole different game than my first. I'm 7 wks along and already feeling ligament stretching pains. I'm just curious what other women have experienced after having 3 or more children?

TIA

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :
#2 of 18 Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 PM

This is my third pregnancy and I had twins the second time around as well, so I know what your saying. So far this pregnancy has been completely different and i've heard in general thats how it goes. I'm experiencing different symptoms more intensely, less morning sickness and unfortunately experiencing some bleeding this time that I did not have the first two times. I've had some crazy unexpected things happen in both my other deliveries, and if this pregnancy sticks I will just plan for something unexpected to happen this time as well! Twins were difficult and I was thinking this pregnancy would be a piece of cake after that, this remains to be seen though...

Heidi in Utah

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#3 of 18 Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 PM

This is my 5th and my ligaments are streching and I have sciatic nerve pain already.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#4 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 01:40 AM

my third was just the same as the first two. i did feel bh earlier, though!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#5 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 AM

Third pregnancy too. Definatley instant round ligament pain

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#6 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 10:41 AM

Third pregnancy here too. And with round ligament pain too!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#7 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 11:32 AM

I had round ligament before anything else here! Way more nauseau and tiredness though #3 here.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#8 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 PM

This is my third and I am not really noticing anything worse than the last 2 times. I am showing alot more quickly though.
I am hoping that my hip problems do not come earlier this time.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#9 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
This is my third and I am not really noticing anything worse than the last 2 times. I am showing alot more quickly though.
I am hoping that my hip problems do not come earlier this time.
Exactly my situation too

~Shawnna~ Lucas 11/02 Wyatt 10/05
#10 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 PM

This is my third pregnancy, and I am at 7 weeks today. I am so relieved, because so far, I have very little fatigue and no nausea, which I had with my first two boys. I feel great! I am running most days still, eating and craving super healthy food - especially veg, peanut butter, lean meats, and beans - NOT craving sweets, which I normally do! This is way different than my other pregnancies, and I'm not bloated yet, just a little poofy in my midsection, which I can easily hide for now. What a blessing, and not bad (I keep telling myself) for being 40, with a teenager and a very spirited 2 year old!

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#11 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 11:46 PM

This is my 4th and I am 7 weeks.

1st-- M/S until 12 weeks exactly. Then I was pretty much fine until the very last week.
2nd--Much milder M/S, felt great throughout except for heartburn at the end.
3rd--BAD M/S until 16 weeks. A lot more BH.
4th-- Very mild M/S and more fatigue than is normal for me, but fine so far. We'll see if I continue once I hit 8 weeks.

In summary-- each time has been different.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#12 of 18 Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 AM

This is my third, its the first time I have had M/S, the first time I have spotted, and I knew to test because of ligament pain! Very different this time indeed!
#13 of 18 Old 04-05-2009, 07:58 PM

This is my 5th pregnancy, although I only have three children (I had one m/c). Hopefully this one will stick around!

I have felt the ligament pains, but mostly just when I cough or sneeze. I seem to be showing a little earlier than I did with at least my first two. Other than that, I'm not noticing too many other differences....except...I threw up at least a few times with all the others and this time I haven't at all (although I've had queasy moments here and there).
#14 of 18 Old 04-06-2009, 11:11 AM

I noticed my tail bone is hurting earlier this time. I fell hard on it with my first son and now each pregnancy I notice the pain earlier.

Austin June 2006; Xander March 2008; Shay Nov 2009; 5 babies gone to heaven.
#15 of 18 Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM

What's interesting is I thought I had this one pegged... I figured it would be much of the same. It hasn't been like that! This pregnancy has been very different than my other two. Of course some things are similar, but some things are so, so different.
#16 of 18 Old 04-06-2009, 05:29 PM

Third here too. I was just wondering the same questions. Not much diff here for me yet. Ms is the same. A friend suggested those Sea Bands and they are working quite well, I haven't had to start Phenegran. I still get sick if I eat something that doesn't sit well though, and of course first thing in the a.m. And have to stay away from the food aversions.
I've noticed the round ligament pains as well, but I did early with ds2 too. Not noticing anything diff in the pelvic area, but I showed late with ds1 and 2.
#17 of 18 Old 04-07-2009, 05:18 AM

It's my 3rd and having much worse RL pain. I showed pretty early with #2 but this is absurd. I could be 5 or 6 months pregnant by the looks of things. Even some maternity tops are getting short!!!!! I'm just anticipating my belly getting so big I can't drive.

I am also VERY tired, but blame that mostly on the Spirited 3yo.
#18 of 18 Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mamas for all the replies. I really appreciate it! It's always good to know that others are in the same if not similar boat.

MS has been much worse this time around for sure but, I got some of the those Sea-Bands and they have worked wonders! My round ligament pains are happening when I stand up or sit up to fast. Also I'm having back pain a lot earlier this time around. I'm looking forward to the second trimester and hoping some of this will ease up a little at least the MS.

I'm wishing everyone the very best with their pregnancies and Thanks again! :

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page