Will anyone else have a toddler when this baby is born? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-28-2009, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
DS will be 2.5 when the baby is born. He's starting to communicate more with words so I am hoping that by the time the baby comes he will be a lot better and that will make it easier for both of us. I'm debating getting a double stroller- we use our stroller for DS for when we are out and about all day, but I think I'll hold off on buying a double and see if I can just use a sling for the new baby. I'm hoping by the time I'll want to use it for the baby DS will be old enough to walk the whole time.

Two carseats won't be that big of a deal- we have an Altima which has a pretty spacious backseat for a car. I've had two carseats back there before and while it takes up the whole backseat it's not cramped.

Things like bedtime and naps concern me a little because DS needs help to fall asleep but I'm trying not to worry about it because who knows how much he will have grown by November.
Thats pretty much our story. DS will be almost 2.5yo. He is very high maintenance. Add on top of that, that he is about to be diagnosed with celiac disease and we will be newly gluten free with an already limited diet (due to his pickiness) I'll probably sling new babe and stroller or hand hold ds depending where we are. Carseats might be a pain when 6'3" DH is in the car and puts the seat all the way back. Hopefully DS won't bug the babe and I can put them side by side. Mostly concerned about napping here too. DS is not a good sleeper and still very reliant on me to get to sleep.
But if my friend with a new 1mo DS and a 13mo DD can do it, so can we. Shes an inspiration!
#32 of 37 Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM

My DS will be about 2y3m when this baby comes... I was/am a little nervous, too but there isn't much I can do about it now, right? In regards to the stroller issue, I plan on slinging the baby for quite awhile and then deciding if we need a double stroller after he or she gets here. DS has been walking since 11 months old and I try to practice a lot of him walking with me places to familiarize him with the importance of holding my hand, not running into traffic, etc. Plus he's over 30 lbs and pregnancy has taken a toll on how long I can hold him. He's a pretty spirited child and we're currently having issues with hitting and general aggressiveness so I'm sure it will be an adventure!
#33 of 37 Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

OK. I feel better. We had a girl start at work today who has 3 kids under 3 and she gave me lots of good tips too. Wow, there are a few of us from the Nov 07 DDC! I guess I will be leaning on you all to try to maintain what smidge of sanity I have left....

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#34 of 37 Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM

I will have 2 toddlers when this LO is born. My ds will be 3 and 3 mos and my dd will be turning 2 a little over a month after the baby is due. I will get gray hair I am guessing lol I never thought I would have 3, 3 and under.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

#35 of 37 Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsmom06 View Post
I will have 2 toddlers when this LO is born. My ds will be 3 and 3 mos and my dd will be turning 2 a little over a month after the baby is due. I will get gray hair I am guessing lol I never thought I would have 3, 3 and under.
I hear you! For about a month when this babe comes we will have 3 under 3!!

Re: grocery shopping. Ds1 was 20 months when ds2 was born and already rode in the reg seat on the cart. I then would sling or wrap ds2 (got good at lifting him with babe on my front! We still do this now (though I've been putting ds2 on my back in the wrap lately cuz I made a new wrap . Not sure what I'll do with three. I guess I'll have to lay the smack down with ds1 about walking and not running away...yikes! He should be able to do that at 3, right? Right????

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#36 of 37 Old 04-29-2009, 11:04 AM

When this babe is born I will have an 11 yo dd, 6 yo dd, 3.5 yo dd, and 1.5 yo ds. Just roll with it. It'll all work out. I stopped worrying after two.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#37 of 37 Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 PM

My daugther is 14 mo and im due any week now!! Im so nervous cause Samantha just started to walk but is at the point where she would rather crawl. Im freaking out! I hope everything will run smoothly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page