Fist experience of pregnancy emotions - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 12 weeks, and last night was the first time I felt like my emotions were just going crazy on me!

I couldn't decide if I wanted to drink chocolate milk or hot chocolate, and my DH said something that poked a little fun at my indecision. And I just burst into tears! It was like I couldn't control it. I was thinking, what is wrong with me?! I shouldn't be crying! But I couldn't stop it.

Thinking about it this morning, I know it was ridiculous, but last night, I was just in meltdown. Anyone else experience this yet? So I know I'm not alone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Oh ya, I've been a wreck! The other day I cried over a floor that needed to be swept.
#3 of 8 Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm not crying much, but my temper is insane, everything annoys me. I feel sorry for dh, luckily I have dd, my little ray of constant sunshine so that helps.

Wife to dh and mama to : dd (7/08) and ds (11/09)

#4 of 8 Old 05-12-2009, 03:33 PM

I struggle with major depression and major anxiety so I never really know where that ends and the hormones begin, but last Friday I was on a conference call with like 10 men that I work with and I started SOBBING - I had it on mute and no one knew what was up, but still!!!! I was so frustrated and angry with my boss (who was also on the call) and it led to this major meltdown. :

It all ended up working out; my boss said "well, vegasgrl, looks like you win this one" (like we're in a freaking war or something ugh) but my reaction was so totally pregnant girl.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#5 of 8 Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Hmmm, let's see...late yesterday afternoon, dd #1 did everything in her power to antagonize and provoke her younger siblings. Dd #2 was her usual sweet self, very few discipline issues with that child.

[next part is gross. skip it if you're pukey.]
So, I am exhausted with dealing with dd #1; in a moment of stupidity, I take off ds's diaper and put it in the diaper pail. I turn around to get a diaper out of the drawer, and he POOPS on the hard wood floor!!!!! WTH!?! He was without a diaper for like ten seconds. And then, as I am attempting to pick him up without throwing up on his head because I'm so grossed out, he plops both his hands and feet in it and mushes it all around. I am really steaming and feeling mega-sick by now; I carry him in my outstretched arms, breathing through my mouth so I don't hurl and stick him in the tub...I leave him in there, no water, of course, and go back and clean up the floor, since it is hardwood. DS is screaming in the tub the whole time and trying to climb out, so there goes the mess all over the tub. While I'm cleaning the floor, both dd's are dancing around singing a poop song. Lovely.

So, I fill up the tub with a bit of water, get the poo off ds and put him naked into his crib. I go back to clean out the tub, and the tub won't drain!!!!! Pooh-filled water everywhere! It is at this point that dh comes home...I burst into tears, fling myself on him, and he backs away rapidly. Oh, I forgot, DH is covered in poison ivy and has had to go to the doctor twice! He can't be touched! So I stand back and sob while he looks at me with a sad look on his face. He tells me he'll clean the tub and I go sobbing into ds's room to put a diaper on him. He has PEED in his bed!!

Anyway, after all that drama, I had to go lie down for a bit. My answer to hormones? Is OH MY GOOD GRAVY YES!!!!!!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#6 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 03:01 AM

Oh perdita! That may not have been pregnancy hormones - that's just a super crappy series of events!!!!

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#7 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 03:57 AM

Mostly I am just INSANELY grumpy- but I also cry easily. Like I watched Hotel for Dogs today w/ Luke and was holding back the tears- it is a cheesy disney movie.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#8 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
Oh perdita! That may not have been pregnancy hormones - that's just a super crappy series of events!!!!
Yea, that would have made me cry to, and not because of pregnancy. And to not be able to get a hug, that just makes it even worse

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page