Are anyone else's older children driving them crazy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it just me or does pregnancy make it so hard to mother the older ones? I have a 3yo and a 17 mo and they are driving me crazy. All I want to do is take a nap and both kids are refusing today. And they are into everything! I must admit that I have lost my temper more than once today : I feel so bad about it. It's like these extra hormones are already really getting to me. And we have 6 more months to go! I remember similar things when pregnant with DS but its days like this that I feel so inadequate to have another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 08:17 PM

Ugh, tell me about it. My dd is so sweet and happy all the time, so thankfully she's the only thing that DOESN'T annoy me most of the time...but like last night she was mushing her food up and not eating (she was just full, she'd already eaten her fill) and I was just SO annoyed about the mess...so dumb. She's 10 months old for goodness sake, and it was actually CUTE in hindsight, cause she was taking sweet potato chunks, one in each hand, and squeezing her hands, watching it smush out of her fingers and making this little "arrrrgh" sound like it was really hard work.... I felt like a jerk for being annoyed and got over it pretty quickly...but still, I worry about how I'll deal with her 17month old antics with a newborn in tow...

Wife to dh and mama to : dd (7/08) and ds (11/09)
#3 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM

Yes, yes, yes. My dd is 6 and has become very clingy lately. Add in the fact that dh leaves in a week and a half for 3 months in another state (military) and dd being out of school all summer and yeah...it's gonna be rough here. I feel for you with 2 younger ones, though, that is a job and a half in itself. Try and get some Mama time at some point every day to take a nice bath or go for a walk, just take some time out for you to re-charge.
#4 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 09:26 PM

Yes , yes, yes. I just wrote a book about it in GD
I think that maybe sometimes they sense the changes and react to them as well.
I just have to try to keep my cool.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#5 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 09:57 PM

DD and I have been all zen for the past couple of days, but on Saturday night she was driving me COMPLETELY INSANE so I had her call SMIL and talk about toys, or something. After they got off the phone she went back to driving me crazy and I ended up losing my temper and scaring her.

She's been driving me crazy off and on for more than two years so I don't know that the pregnancy has much to do with her behavior but the hormones do make it harder for me to stay calm.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#6 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 PM

UGH. I know. I know. My 18 month old is going to drive me to drink. she is, in my opinion, a b-r-a-t. I can't believe I said that, but I feel like she is. Temper tantrums, refusing to eat dinner, hitting, etc. I am chalking it up to the terrible two's coming a little early.

I am due 2 days before her 2nd birthday. I don't know what I was thinking... haha!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#7 of 7 Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Totally.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page