anyone else CDing??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: me me!

I just got some super-awesome fluffymail today--a stash of newborn kissaluvs!! : they are my 1st new baby purchase.

I mostly use prefolds, tho i must admit I love bumpy covers and crocheted longies over them

My supercool friend tie-dyed Claire's prefolds for us last time!!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#32 of 45 Old 05-27-2009, 12:16 PM

Me too!!!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#33 of 45 Old 05-27-2009, 12:29 PM

I am. I didnt start w/dd till she was 7ish mo either. I cant decide whether to get some nb prefitted which I love or just plain old pf for the nb stage. I know they're boring, but I do like the pf on babies and they're easy.

when baby gets bigger I have a whole stash of os pockets. they're on loan to a friend right now but frankly, my stash is prob big enough for 2 babies esp if I buy some nb diapers
#34 of 45 Old 05-27-2009, 12:35 PM

So, I was gung ho about CDing until we found out about twins. I'm not great about keeping up on laundry as it is, but now we kind of have double the reason to cut down on diaper costs. Hubby and I have talked a little about it, and he's uncomfortable with the "poo in the washer" idea. So I kind of dropped it, there will be a lot of other things taking my attention, I'm sure!

Yesterday he asked again whether I'd be trying cloth, and seemed surprised that I was just going to go the sposie route. We talked about it again, talked about scheduling and other things like those flushable liners, and I think we're going to give it a trial go, at least during the day at home, sposies at night and out of the house. I even found a woman on Craigslist with a slew of different diaper types and covers and things - I think this would be perfect to get a handle on different types. Aside from that, I'm going to sew a few, and buy some stacks of GMD prefolds. I even popped a few of the "popular brands" on my registry, though they're online only, so I don't think I'll be getting any of those.

Mama to twin boys, Oct-'09 and baby girl, Apri-'12!

#35 of 45 Old 05-27-2009, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalaRei View Post
So, I was gung ho about CDing until we found out about twins. I'm not great about keeping up on laundry as it is, but now we kind of have double the reason to cut down on diaper costs. Hubby and I have talked a little about it, and he's uncomfortable with the "poo in the washer" idea. So I kind of dropped it, there will be a lot of other things taking my attention, I'm sure!

Yesterday he asked again whether I'd be trying cloth, and seemed surprised that I was just going to go the sposie route. We talked about it again, talked about scheduling and other things like those flushable liners, and I think we're going to give it a trial go, at least during the day at home, sposies at night and out of the house. I even found a woman on Craigslist with a slew of different diaper types and covers and things - I think this would be perfect to get a handle on different types. Aside from that, I'm going to sew a few, and buy some stacks of GMD prefolds. I even popped a few of the "popular brands" on my registry, though they're online only, so I don't think I'll be getting any of those.
check out to see if you have any diaper services? The one here that I am going to use will wash your stash of diapers twice a week for I think $12 and they have twin discounts if you use their whole service. they also have one that is $18 with prefolds but you need to buy your own covers the normal one is $22 that is the one we will use. I would just check it doesn't mean you need to use it I really wasn't planning on useing it but why not?!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#36 of 45 Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We'll be doing CDing as well.

I'm gathering used prefolds, fitteds, and covers bit by bit. In fact, I don't think I'll end up buying anything new!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#37 of 45 Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 PM

I am. Didn't with the first 2. Well, tried g-diapers with #2 at 8-10 months. They leaked pretty much every time and then stopped up the toliet:. I used cloth some in the g's covers until he was done.
I am stupidly excited about CDing. Why, I do not know, it is all about cleaning up poop. Why does it seem so sweet? LOL I have been doing tons of shopping/research on the net,even though I an not ready to purchase. Probably be going the basic prefold route, though maybe I will get my MIL to sew some into fitted. I really am in love with fleece covers made by some WAHM's calico baby and wallypops look so sweet and cute, pretty good price, too. Thats what MIL's are good for though.

BTW I have learned so much from greenmountaindiapers.com. I will probably get my prefolds from there. She has tons of pics of different size babies in different diapers.
#38 of 45 Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 AM

We're CD'ing too... started at around 7 months with my DS so newborn diapering is new to me. The only thing I've bought is a medium diaper/shirt set that I couldn't resist. I'm going to a holistic moms playgroup today at a cloth diaper store so I might have to pick up something for the new LO.
#39 of 45 Old 05-28-2009, 10:42 AM

Yes this is our first and we're planning to CD from day one, as we hate disposables and much love the idea of cloth!! We've already bought 20 BumGenius 3.0 (after lots of research trying to decide which brand). ANd we've showed several of our friends these dipes and they're planning to try them with their little ones too! SO we're making a difference, How cool is that?!

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#40 of 45 Old 05-28-2009, 12:54 PM

We're going t use CD again. Our DD was in them from the beginning and we loved them.

When got a puppy (three weeks before we found out we were going to have another baby), we switched to sposies because we were a bit overwhelmed and haven't made it back quite yet. My DH is a SAHD and does most of the washing, and puppy care so I'm not going to pushing us to get back on the CD bandwagon right away.

DH loves CDing and he is excited about CDing with the new one so I know that we will get back on track soon.
#41 of 45 Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 PM

We chose to CD and EC with #1, and I can't imagine doing it any other way with #2. It's so much cheaper than disposables, and I cannot STAND the way the disposable diapers smell or feel. I will put in a plug for Happy Heinys pocket diapers. They are my favorites for nighttime, and they hold up to years of washing really well. We got some already used, and they are still doing fabulously. I just hope to heaven that #1 is reliable about pottying and doesn't need diapers at all before #2 comes along.

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#42 of 45 Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

KC the sposies smell is horrid I never knew how much so until I used cloth!!!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#43 of 45 Old 05-31-2009, 12:44 AM

We are currently Cd'ing #1, planning on the same for the next. I think we might end up with 2 in diapers at the same time... poor laundry machine

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
#44 of 45 Old 06-01-2009, 12:11 PM

we've been cloth diapering almost 6 years now, no sense changing things up!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#45 of 45 Old 06-01-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShineSally View Post
KC the sposies smell is horrid I never knew how much so until I used cloth!!!
i can't even go down that ilse at the grocery store. blech!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page