anyone else CDing??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2009, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I CDed Ds and refuse to not CD this bean!!!! STBDH and I are looking into a Diaper Service and are really thinking that for the first 5-6 (well he said 4-5 buuut I can work on him : ) Or we might do their other service that where they come and get your personal CD's and wash them for you : So is anyone else going to CD???

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 PM

Yes! We started a little late in the game with DS...about 10 months. But I'm psyched to get a cloth dipe on this new little one from day one!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:51 PM

Yes, I entered into the world of CD when DD1 was 10 months, and I haven't left yet. I'm thinking of maybe trying EC with this one, but that might be overly ambitious with two other kids, the oldest just turning 3. Thankfully my oldest is potty trained though so I will only have to ever CD two kids at one time.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 05-23-2009, 10:53 PM

Yep, definitely planning to cd this little one. I'm already working on a nb and small stash. I have infant and premium prefolds but I'm making a bunch of fitteds as well. And I'm attempting to teach myself to knit, I'd love to have a couple pairs of longies as well.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:45 PM

This is my first and we are DEFINATELY CDing! I am SO excited about it too!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:58 PM

Of course.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 05-24-2009, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i cloth diapered all mine, birth, step, and foster. i started EC with my third at 6 weeks old, my boys were 3 and 4. it worked so well! good luck

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
Old 05-24-2009, 12:55 AM

We sure are! I'm knee deep into sewing the newborn stash. I was hoping to be on to the smalls by now, so I'm a little behind, but trudging along!

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:06 AM

Yep!

Tessa, wife to DH and Mama to DD (3/01) and DS1 (HB-VBAC! 9/06) and DS2 (2nd HB-VBAC 10/25/09)
Old 05-24-2009, 01:56 AM

I too started late with ds and will be starting from day with this little sweet pea! I can't wait start collecting. I had to buy new tires for my truck this week so cash in a bit short so now I have to wait longer

Veronica wife to Arn 1.31.09 Stepmom to Hannah 9.22.99 & Leah 5.14.02 *~Momma to Liam Craig 7.01.03 & ~* Keira Josephine Fjaril 10.30.09*~
Old 05-24-2009, 02:02 AM

I too started late with ds and will be starting from day one with this little sweet pea! I can't wait start collecting. I had to buy new tires for my truck this week so cash in a bit short so now I have to wait longer

Veronica wife to Arn 1.31.09 Stepmom to Hannah 9.22.99 & Leah 5.14.02 *~Momma to Liam Craig 7.01.03 & ~* Keira Josephine Fjaril 10.30.09*~
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 AM

Hi,

I've been using cloth diapers for both my kids.. but with the second one, I dared to go one step beyond: EC (elimination communication). This was great fun, and I must say, I don't like the diapering at all.. but if really needed (day care), then I clearly prefer cloths.

Cu,
Fiikske

Belgian mom, Polish blood, 2 little girls running around (2003/2005), and a little boy (nov 2009).
Old 05-24-2009, 11:45 AM

I finally have DH on board to do this. I see mostly benefits to CDing and really really want to do it.

I think we are going to start with a diaper service to make some of the exhausting work a little less. My friend has lent us several larger (VERY NICE) CDs from her stash to use later on...

I understand the convenience of disposables, but what a waste (imho) and how expensive!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post
I finally have DH on board to do this. I see mostly benefits to CDing and really really want to do it.

I think we are going to start with a diaper service to make some of the exhausting work a little less. My friend has lent us several larger (VERY NICE) CDs from her stash to use later on...

I understand the convenience of disposables, but what a waste (imho) and how expensive!

I have a thread in diapering about Diaper services to see what to ask and what not. One main thing is to ask what they clean their diapers with I know the one that we are going to use uses all natural cleaners and sanitizers that is very very important to me because for me the point in CDing is to not have all the chemicals on my LO's tush! Also the place I am using uses NON bleached prefolds:

Also sposies to me are aslso a waist I used them for about 5 or 6 months on Ds and he had so many issues with his skin he would get crazy rashes and was kicking myself not to go with my intuition and use CD's and with the service we will still save money compaired to useing sposies

Quote:

Old 05-24-2009, 03:19 PM

There isn't a diaper service within two hundred miles of here...and anyway, I like doing laundry and if I'm going to be using prefolds anyway, well, they are the easiest to launder! But I'm glad diaper services still exist for people who want to use cloth but can't handle the laundry. Most of them are pretty environmentally conscious, from what I've heard.

I plan to use Kissaluvs for the newborn phase just because they worked so well with dd, and then prefolds and snap wraps thereafter. I found prefolds and snap wraps to be the easiest system on my psyche--no worries about washing. I'm not sure what the "daycare diaper" will be but I'm hoping (s)he won't be in daycare for the first 9 months.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 PM

We cloth diapered our son and will cloth diaper this one as well. We'll be sticking to prefolds and fitteds this time and I need to rebuild my newborn stash.

We don't have diaper services here and probably wouldn't bother with it if we had the option anyway, so I'll be washing and line drying these dipes like we did with our son's.

Is anyone else excited to pull out those tiny, new dipes?!

Carolina, tree hugging, treehugger.gif animal loving, backyard chicken keeping, Wife to Dh, homeschooling Mama to Ds1(Aug '06) and Ds2 (Nov '09)

Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 PM

We really want to give it a shot (that's what I said about bf'ing last time, and that was a great success - hope that bodes well ). I've been spending a lot of time in the Diapering forum lately!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:35 AM

It is something I have been seriously, seriously considering...for financial reasons above all else. My concern is that I always seem to be about 3 loads behind on our average laundry around here -- what if I can't keep up with washing diapers?!? I hate to drop $200 on the one-size dipes I keep coming back to in my research, only to find I can't keep up with the constant washing. :

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyheaded_Mama View Post
It is something I have been seriously, seriously considering...for financial reasons above all else. My concern is that I always seem to be about 3 loads behind on our average laundry around here -- what if I can't keep up with washing diapers?!? I hate to drop $200 on the one-size dipes I keep coming back to in my research, only to find I can't keep up with the constant washing. :
This is me. Diapers come first. I am ALWAYS behind on other laundry, but the diapers are always clean

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisie125 View Post
This is me. Diapers come first. I am ALWAYS behind on other laundry, but the diapers are always clean

That is how I was when Ds was Cd'ed the clothes were never done but the Cd's were sparkly clean. that is why this time I want to do the CD service because it is going to me one more persons clothes

Quote:

Old 05-25-2009, 01:29 PM

I will be cd this lo too I have been cd my oldest since he was 2mos old and dd from birth. It looks like I might have 3 in diapers at least for a little bit. I have lost the cd love a few times and used sposies becasue I was overwhelmed but overall I have and will cd

For anyone that is cd for the 1st time don't buy a whole stash of 1 diaper until you see if you like it! I have wasted so much money by buying a whole bunch of 1 kind of diaper and hating it. Also every lo is different: my ds does best with pockets and my dd does best with prefolds/fitteds and wool. So who knows what this lo will do good in

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Old 05-25-2009, 03:39 PM

I started with DD at 6 months and was religious through 12 months (except for nighttime -- never found a good setup for her).

At 12 months she got an ear infection and when the dr told me "diarrhea" during the course of treatment I switched to sposies for the time being. From that point on her health was an issue (food allergies and such) and rashes were abundant. Fearing it was the diapers I switched out until things were out of control ... and then she started daycare and diaper cleaning day kept getting stretched out (we were only using at home and on weekends). I failed.

I'm in the process of making dipes for the new baby and am committed this time! I LOVED cding and frankly, I'm just not enthralled with Elmo on my child's butt (we use Pampers). I'm MAKING 12xs fitteds, 12 s fitteds, 6 xs covers, 6 s covers, and purchasing 24 orange edged and 24 green edged prefolds. I can't wait!

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
Old 05-25-2009, 06:49 PM

Yup. We're CDing as well.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 PM

This is our first and the plan is to CD this one. I'm also hoping to try som EC to see how that works. I hope to succeed and not be too overwhelmed with everything.

MC #1: 12/05; MC #2: 1/09 Mama to our first that arrived 11/2/09
Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsmom06 View Post
I have wasted so much money by buying a whole bunch of 1 kind of diaper and hating it.
I, on the other hand, wasted a lot of money buying 1 of each of a lot of different kinds and switching stash systems when I really wanted all of 1, or at most 2 kinds. There's got to be a happy medium!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:38 PM
rrs

I can't wait to buy some itty bitty newborn diapers!!! We started cloth with Carter when he was about a year, so I don't have any newborn stuff.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 AM

I can't wait to get some cloth diapers on this little bean! I started with DS when he was 7 months old so I missed the whole newborn stage. I already bought some newborn Kissaluvs and they are just the cutest little things. I can't wait to see them on. I probably get some prefolds as well.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
Old 05-26-2009, 08:06 PM

Yep. We're boring, though...I've been cd'ing for six years and I've tried EVERYTHING. Literally. And guess what we use...prefolds, snappis, and Dappi covers. How boring!!!!!! When this baby is born, I'll have four in diapers at night, since neither of my dd's are pt at night...ds will obviously still be in dipes and new baby...GAH! The diaper laundry! Oh well, back to washing every day instead of twice a week like now...

I"ll just buy two dozen small pfs from Green Mountain Diapers and as soon as new baby is a bit bigger, stick him/her in the brown edged ones. I put ds in brown edged at like six months...they were pretty big but fit well enough...then dd #2 and ds wore the same size diapers. Very convenient.

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditafoster View Post
Yep. We're boring, though...I've been cd'ing for six years and I've tried EVERYTHING. Literally. And guess what we use...prefolds, snappis, and Dappi covers. How boring!!!!!!
I love you.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditafoster View Post
Yep. We're boring, though...I've been cd'ing for six years and I've tried EVERYTHING. Literally. And guess what we use...prefolds, snappis, and Dappi covers. How boring!!!!!!

Prefolds are my main love so that is not boring at all you could tye dye to jaz them up and the older ones could join in if you are brave enough the service I will be using they have dyed prefolds and bummis, ME and thirsties covers I am not sure if you can pick patterns but I am 99% sure you can as that is what the package deal on line shows. so you are not boring at all you can not get a better fit than a prefold that is a fact!!!! we will have 15 AIO's we are getting off of craigslist

Quote:

User Tag List