How often do you feel movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 17 weeks, and feel movement... not all the time, but let's say, a lot. If I'm not moving, I feel movement. All afternoon, all evening, if I wake up at night. Just sitting here, now, in the past two minutes I've felt constant movement.
Is this normal for anyone out there? I'm positive ds didn't move that much at this time, I only ever felt him when lying in bed at night and even then, it took him a while to 'wake up'.

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

#2 of 18 Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM

I'm 14 weeks 5 days, I have days where I don't notice any movement, sometimes two days in a row (which is why it's nice to have my trusty doppler available ), and then some days I feel it quite a bit, like yesterday and today :. Some kids are more active than others, and sometimes it depends on where your placenta is lying. With my last baby I had an anterior placenta so I didn't even start to feel him until after 18 weeks, and then still the sensation was dulled by the placenta. I thought he was a rather quiet baby until I actually met the kid, lol -- boy was I wrong!

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#3 of 18 Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 AM

I feel it pretty much every day now, but its certainly not constant. Mostly its when I'm sitting or lying down still, and not distracted with a million things in life. Days that I'm constantly on the go and busy, I hardly notice anything (sometimes nothing) until later when I'm still again. I know days are coming when he'll be stronger and more vigorous, I'm actually looking forward to it immensely! Baby movement is one of my absolute favorite parts of pregnancy.
#4 of 18 Old 06-04-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti_Mom View Post
I feel it pretty much every day now, but its certainly not constant. Mostly its when I'm sitting or lying down still, and not distracted with a million things in life. Days that I'm constantly on the go and busy, I hardly notice anything (sometimes nothing) until later when I'm still again. I know days are coming when he'll be stronger and more vigorous, I'm actually looking forward to it immensely! Baby movement is one of my absolute favorite parts of pregnancy.
Yep, me too--just like this.
#5 of 18 Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 AM

I feel it a lot. Pretty much anytime I think about it and want to stop and pay attention it is there. My others were busy like this, too. I am 17 weeks. The funny thing is I had an US yesterday and saw that there is a lot more movement going on that I am not feeling!
#6 of 18 Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 AM

my little sprout seems to be on a very precise schedule. I feel movement almost every two hours during the day up until about 11 at night, and then even when I'm up and down in the night, I don't feel much at all then. Babe seems to be an early riser, though, because I feel movement pretty consistently at about 6-ish in the morning.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#7 of 18 Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM

Nothing yet! I'm jealous of all you ladies who are feeling the babes already! MW said to expect it around 20 weeks, so I'm hoping I'll feel it soon! (17 weeks tomorrow) We'll be at the beach for DH's birthday that week, so that would be a great birthday present for him!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#8 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad some are feeling as much movement- my mother has been going on about twins (thinking, that's why I'm feeling constant movement) and I just don't know if I could cope with TWO babies at once.
Also there is a history of twins in my family- my great-grandmother alone had two sets of twins and one of triplets!
Twin mamas I before you. But don't think I can be you.

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

#9 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 AM

OMG! I am 17 weeks today and I finally felt the baby move for the first time tonight!!!!!!! I am on cloud nine! I felt it about 3 times in a half hour time frame......I'm so in love!

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#10 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm at 18 weeks with my first and only feeling something occasionally throughout the day, usually when I'm sitting still.

I felt a weird hard bulge when I was lying on my back feeling my uterus yesterday that went away later...baby parts sticking out already? Wow!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#11 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 AM

I'm just over 17 weeks and I'm feeling it several times a day. I think I would feel it more often if I were sitting still a little more...
#12 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 AM

16 weeks- several times a day usually- but nothing that is routine at this point. Sometimes it will be several times in an hour, but then sometimes I don't notice for a few hours. Of course that depends on how busy I am as well.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#13 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 PM

How do you know for sure if it's the baby? I want to feel movement so badly, and I think I might be. But I don't know if it's just wishful thinking... I'm 16 weeks 2 days. I feel what I think might be movement, but it doesn't really feel like the way I've heard it described - flutters, butterflys, popcorn, bubbles, etc, are all ways I've heard early movement described as, but I wouldn't say that I'm feeling those things. But still, it seems like I'm feeling something. I don't know....

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#14 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 01:43 PM

I'm 17+weeks and I feel sporadic movement. They feel like a muscle moving and sometimes like bubbles. I know this LO moves alot because I've seen the LO in action in sonograms. I think I don't feel baby as much due to the fact that I'm a little fluffy. Also, this is my first. I think once you've had other babies, you know exactly what to look out for.

MC #1: 12/05; MC #2: 1/09 Mama to our first that arrived 11/2/09
#15 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:07 PM

im 15weeks and ive been feeling it for 2 weeks now prob bc this is my 3rd but it normally only happens when im still or laying down even my DH felt it a few nights ago! soo fun! best part of being preg!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#16 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 04:33 PM

There are periods of rest but oh boy this one is a little jumping bean. Of course I don't really remember what DD was like at this time so I can't compare.

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
#17 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 05:51 PM

I am 17 weeks and 4 days. I felt what I know was baby movement for the first time yesterday. Before that I think it was gas pains and ligament pulling. This felt like the baby gave me a one-two punch with the fist and elbow and then about 5 seconds later a knee. Must be a boy wrestling around with the umbilical cord! I didn't feel it since until I was reading this thread and then felt one bubble like feeling... no gas afterwards (besides it feels different). I can't wait to start feeling them more often!!! GL ladies! :

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#18 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 PM

I've been feeling baby every day now, too, for a while. But with my first baby it was definitely not this way, so mamas on their first babies, don't worry, you'll feel it soon!

I feel it move the most when I'm sitting down. Otherwise I've got too many other things on my mind to even notice it. (As I'm writing this now, I'm feeling baby move, that is neat!) I'm 17 weeks 5 days.

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page