I am so freaking tired.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD will NOT take a nap. She faithfully takes a nap every single day at 1:00pm. It is now 3:05- no nap. On the day that I am desparate for one. Why why why???? I have been up since 4:30. Mama needs to sleep!! I am on the verge of getting a cuppa coffee. But I had 2 already today...

*sigh* I am pretty much exhausted all the time, still. When the heck is the 2nd tri burst of energy going to hit me? I hope within the next 2 minutes!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 06:58 PM

Me too! I was watching Jelly Telly with DD and totally took a nap while she watched the last couple of shows. Unfortunately, she hasn't napped regularly in almost 3 years. I miss nap time.

Hope you can get some good sleep soon!

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
Old 06-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Doesn't that always seem to be the way?
Any way you can baby proof an area and sleep beside her while she plays or watches a show for a bit?

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Old 06-06-2009, 07:42 PM
rrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
DD will NOT take a nap. She faithfully takes a nap every single day at 1:00pm. It is now 3:05- no nap. On the day that I am desparate for one. Why why why???? I have been up since 4:30. Mama needs to sleep!! I am on the verge of getting a cuppa coffee. But I had 2 already today...

*sigh* I am pretty much exhausted all the time, still. When the heck is the 2nd tri burst of energy going to hit me? I hope within the next 2 minutes!
I've got another November 07 baby that won't nap. Since Monday, he has taken exactly one nap! And it was while we were in the car. Doesn't he know he is too young to give up on naps?

We worked out in the yard today, and I was hoping it would tire him out. No luck, I seem to be the only tired one.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM

My daughter is an April 07 baby but she's doing this too. Of course she opts to stay up the days Mommy is really tired -- like last night! She didn't go to bed until 9:15 and I only managed to get her to sleep by falling asleep next to her. Ah, well, at least she went to sleep

To make things even better for Mommy she decided that 5am was a good time to join me in bed to nurse, meaning I couldn't sleep anymore.

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
Old 06-07-2009, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

We have reached a new record: ONE HOUR of sleep last night! Thanks DD! I feel bad- she is getting her molars and is miserable. She was so hysterical crying, she threw up her motrin and teething tablets. She didn't want a popsicle. She didn't want a frozen bagel. She just wanted to cuddle me, upright, and the second I tried to lay down with her she was hysterical again.

Poor DH though- he had to work this morning. I stayed up with her but of course she had the whole house up... I just heard about those motrin (or tylenol?) gel strips they have for toddlers. That is our next move. Poor kid. Of course, now she is perfectly fine, puttering around, chattering... I am ready to sleep.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Oh wow mamas, I'm thinking being pregnant with dd being so young still is actually working out to my advantage. She still takes two naps (most days) that are both 1 1/2-2 hours each AND sleeps all night (as in, 12 hours). But she's always (well, not always, but usually) been my "miracle" sleeper, kwim? what does that mean for THIS baby??!! Ha ha, everyone swears I can't have two great sleepers. Plus, dd has two little teeth and refuses to get any more...I figure she'll bust out with like 6 teeth in one week the week after this new little bean gets home, just for fun!
Hope you all get some rest soon!

Wife to dh and mama to : dd (7/08) and ds (11/09)
Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleysmama23 View Post
Oh wow mamas, I'm thinking being pregnant with dd being so young still is actually working out to my advantage. She still takes two naps (most days) that are both 1 1/2-2 hours each AND sleeps all night (as in, 12 hours). But she's always (well, not always, but usually) been my "miracle" sleeper, kwim? what does that mean for THIS baby??!! Ha ha, everyone swears I can't have two great sleepers.
I have been wondering the same thing- DD is so good 99% of the time, except for maybe a once- a week temper tantrum, and she has been sleeping through the night since she was 2 weeks old.. I think are may be in trouble with this next one. I look at my nieces... ugh- one was an angel and the other one is the spawn of the devil.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
I look at my nieces... ugh- one was an angel and the other one is the spawn of the devil.
Well, you just didn't plan well then. You're supposed to have the spirited child first ...

DH has been telling the baby that he'd better be a boy (we're not planning to find out), and he has to take after Daddy (who is certainly the calmer one of us).

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side

User Tag List