I feel SO pregnant all of a sudden! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2009, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have heartburn, my feet are swelling up, I get out of breath at the slightest provocation, my belly feels huge even though it doesn't look it yet....I'm only 18 weeks and have only barely felt movement. I know I was feeling good, strong, regular kicks with dd by 18 weeks. On the high strung vs. laid back scale, she is medium compared with other kids her age I've seen. Maybe her new baby brother or sister is on the laid back end of the spectrum.

Anyway, I just suddenly feel...WAY...WAY...pregnant. Anyone there with me?

I'm also feeling the tiniest bit guilty because even though dd, dh and MIL are all hoping for another girl, and I concur that this would vastly simplify our lives (fewer new purchases, they can share a room longer, parenting style changes less, etc.), and even though I know it probably IS a girl since it was conceived from sex on day freaking six, I'm deep down hoping for a boy because I'd like the experience of being the mother to a son. I was hoping for a girl when I was pregnant with dd and got what I wanted so I guess it's just really important to me that I not feel disappointed by my baby's gender. Anyone with me on this, either?

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 12:28 AM

Not feeling that pregnant, but I understand the whole gender issue. We didn't find out the gender this time, and I'm trying to make peace with any possible outcome. It looks like this will be our last (according to dh ), so I hope that I can be equally excited for a girl or a boy.

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

Old 06-21-2009, 03:01 AM

i FEEL U! ugh i feel sooo preg i will be 18weeks wen and i feel huge
im not but i feel it im constantly holding my belly rubbing it and sitting on ym bum being lazy! i barly feel the baby move sometimes i Swear its baby and others its gas!
but i dont ever remember feeling my gas hehe

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 AM

Me! I'm feeling very, very pregnant. This is my third pregnancy (that has made it this far--5th overall) and my belly is just popping right out there. I'm not having any swelling issues (yet! knock on wood!), but am having occasional heartburn--which I didn't have with any of my others until the end. Papaya enzyme has been working really well for the heartburn. I'm 20 weeks today and just feel huge! And am a little scared because I know I'm going to get a LOT huger! :-D

Tessa, wife to DH and Mama to DD (3/01) and DS1 (HB-VBAC! 9/06) and DS2 (2nd HB-VBAC 10/25/09)
Old 06-22-2009, 01:43 PM

Yes! Just yesterday my belly started to feel so heavy... ALREADY! I'm out of breath too! I'm still waiting on the heartburn... I am actually shocked that I haven't had any yet!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

Old 06-22-2009, 11:40 PM

I popped this weekend and am officially pregnant. Lots of baby and nudges kicks and pokes. It's funny how quickly the change happens.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 06-23-2009, 09:22 AM

I am feeling huge now, my belly is official getting in my way and I have to sleep w/ the body pillow. I think I am now officially in them I am absolutely postively pregnant looking camp- instead of she may just be fat camp.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
I am absolutely postively pregnant looking camp- instead of she may just be fat camp.
Yep, I'm definitely there, too.

Tessa, wife to DH and Mama to DD (3/01) and DS1 (HB-VBAC! 9/06) and DS2 (2nd HB-VBAC 10/25/09)
Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 AM

Strangers are starting to ask my due date now...guess I'm there, too...

I have almost completely given up on regular clothes...the maternity clothes are just too comfortable!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:16 PM

Me too! Just the last 10 days or so my belly has stretched out so no more flab is visible, it's pretty tight - and I"m likin it! lol! It hasn't been this tight in a loooong time! lol! My boss, who know I was preg, just yesterday told me I was showing. I've switched almost entirely to maternity clothes - LOVE the elastic waists, SO much more comfy! And hubby loves the maternity tops, so I feel cute and pregnant! I'm loving it!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

Old 06-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Oh, I'm there. My feet throb at the end of the day, my back and hips ache when I get out of bed, and my general speed is just s.l.o.w.e.r.

Can't wait to see what the next 20 weeks have in store...
Old 06-23-2009, 03:48 PM

I'm feeling pregnant! Between the movement, the huge belly, the heartburn, the insane appetite and vivid dreams I am feeling way pregnant.

However, I also have moments when I'm chasing after ds and fretting over dinner plans while scrubbing the bath tub and trying to estimate how many loads of laundry it will take to relieve the growing mountain and I momentarily forget. It's usually about that time that I start to get nasty heart burn or gas or smell something that sends me running toward the bathroom while gagging and I remember again.

I'm actually REALLY thankful for all the little reminders. Although I could do without the hip pain.

Carolina, tree hugging, treehugger.gif animal loving, backyard chicken keeping, Wife to Dh, homeschooling Mama to Ds1(Aug '06) and Ds2 (Nov '09)

Old 06-23-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogautumn View Post
and my general speed is just s.l.o.w.e.r.

Can't wait to see what the next 20 weeks have in store...
Yup, this pretty much sums it up for me too!

I carry all of my fat in my tummy when I'm not pregnant so my fat is packed in there so tight that even though my fundus is under my navel, I look nicely rounded. At least it's a good baby simulation!

I also shudder how I will look/feel in 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 06-23-2009, 11:16 PM

I got asked twice today if I was pregnant. The first one was a co-worker who hadn't seen me in over a month. She just blurted out..."Excuse me, but are you pregnant?" I was SO tempted to say "no" just to embarrass her, but I decided against it.

The other time was at a restaurant this evening. My son ran right into me and the waitress asked if there was a baby in his mommy's tummy and to be careful. My son looked at her funny (like "of course there's a baby there!") and said that his little sister was in there.

So I guess I'm official.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:39 AM

Everyone keeps telling me "Wow you're carrying her really high!" I don't have the heart to tell them that the baby is still at/below my belly button and the other part of the belly is just my preexisting fat.

But yeah, I'm finally starting to look pregnant.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
Everyone keeps telling me "Wow you're carrying her really high!" I don't have the heart to tell them that the baby is still at/below my belly button and the other part of the belly is just my preexisting fat.

But yeah, I'm finally starting to look pregnant.

That happened to me at the dentist yesterday. The asst. sat me in the chair and then started feeling all over my belly asking, "Is it kicking?" I just smiled and said I didn't feel it kick too much yet. I'm thinking "well, my fat has never kicked me before and that baby is about 8 inches lower." It's too funny because I would be mortified if she knew...

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein View Post
"well, my fat has never kicked me before
: :

Old 06-24-2009, 04:42 PM

hahah ive kicked my own fat b4 but not the other way around LOL
im felxabul and can kick my own Arse sometimes i do to get myself going!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!

User Tag List