Holiday babies! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My due date is right on Thanksgiving and I am notorious for going right on or the day after my due date. We just moved to Florida so we still don't really know anybody and all our family is in Massachusetts. So, I think it's safe to say that we won't be doing anything. I think MIL is coming down a couple days before T-day so she can cook us a meal (that's what MIL's are for! )

Liz, Air Force wife, mommy to 3 kiddos.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 PM

Since my due date falls exactly one week before Thanksgiving, we've decided to tell family and friends that they are more than welcome for the holiday, but they should plan on cooking and cleaning. I think we might have some takers! I figure, I'll either have a tiny baby or be cranky as heck wanting to go into labor, and therefore in no position to have to do silly things like cook and clean for myself.

Christmas we may go to husband's family's (about 6 hours away) depending on how much vacation/holiday time he has, or if he can take some of his FMLA time then.

New Year's two of my friends have promised to come to town and hang out, since they'll both have time off. However, the celebration will consist of champagne and sweatpants on the sofa, as it did last year.

Mama to DS 11/25/09 kid.gif
Married to my truelove since 6/2/2007 fuzmalesling.gif

pos.gif <- that happened, EDD 6/28/14

#33 of 36 Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 PM

I found myself not wanting to be around ANYONE after DD was born (serious mama bear syndrome) and I can already feel it happening -- and I'm only 24 weeks pg. I'm due early-mid November and I'm really just anticipating staying home. I do NOT want to deal with people.

As an aside, let me just share my issues with people after the birth. My MIL was drunk, my mother smelled like an ashtray and undermined EVERYTHING I was doing, MIL (when not buzzed) kept saying "you kids have to figure out how to do this on your own". Thanks guys, thanks. I'm hiding in my house for the first 6 weeks.

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
#34 of 36 Old 07-22-2009, 10:55 AM

I'm 40 weeks November 12, but I'm really hoping to go late. My husband doesn't get paid time off, but his company takes off Thanksgiving and the Friday after. It would be really nice for the baby to come that weekend before or early in that week so that DH can just take that week off and not have to have additional unpaid time off for the holiday afterward (Does that make sense? He has off for those days anyway so I'd rather he just be home then) We don't do much for Thanksgiving except go to my moms for a really laid back dinner. No stress here. I could go there within a couple of days of giving birth and be fine.
#35 of 36 Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM

My parents will have T-giving at their house and we will make it if the baby hasn't come yet or if the baby comes fairly early. They live closer to my midwife than I do so going into labor at their house wouldn't be a big deal! My mom's supposed to be at the birth anyhow.

We'll probably make it to my extended family's Christmas thing in mid-December unless the baby comes in early December, but we will definitely expect to take the drive there SLOWLY. Usually it's about 2.5 hours and we'll probably just plan on it taking at least 5 unless we manage to time leaving during a sleep-time (whenever that may be). My other two slept very well in the car until they were about 2 months old so it might turn out better than I'm expecting. Still, expecting a more difficult time is better, IMO, just so I'll be prepared.

I'm 100% looking forward to all the T-giving leftovers that people have promised me! Even if the baby comes early, I'm sure I'll still appreciate meals at the end of the month

I also have a low-stress family who are all either supportive or consider me to be a lost cause. Either way, they respect my boundaries and parenting decisions. If going to the family events would cause stress then I would definitely forgo them this year.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#36 of 36 Old 07-23-2009, 01:33 AM

I have to admit, I am thrilled this baby is due so close to the holidays--FINALLY, we have an excuse to not have to drive all over the place, visiting every relative we have and running ourselves absolutely ragged. I got a one year reprieve!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page