Braxton Hicks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2009, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else having Braxton Hicks?

They've been getting stronger for me, which I think is just a result of my uterus getting bigger and noticing more tightening.

I'm drinking lots of water, changing positions, etc...With my last pregnancy they didn't start until much further along, This time I started noticing them around 16 weeks!

Carolina, tree hugging, treehugger.gif animal loving, backyard chicken keeping, Wife to Dh, homeschooling Mama to Ds1(Aug '06) and Ds2 (Nov '09)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 10:49 PM

I have very strong ones. Not every day and not frequently. Like when I've been shopping they'll kick in a bit. I just like to think that my body is practicing. I have such a long way to go but they make me feel "motherly".

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 PM

I'm definitely having very strong ones. I notice that after I drink RRL tea, I get some pretty hefty ones -- I guess the RRL tea is doing its job of toning the uterus!

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 07-18-2009, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
I get them often too. Usually it's low down, but sometimes only one spot on the front will tighten. They never hurt, but are very tight. I get them when I do something strenuous, or sit up and use my ab muscles. They don't really happen when I'm lazy and resting.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 07-18-2009, 01:17 AM

Me, too. They are noticeable. Still surprises me, even after 3 babies, that they can be felt this "early", but I guess our bodies get this thing figured out better each time

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

Old 07-18-2009, 03:45 PM

Yep, I'm feeling them too. Much sooner this time around, at about 17 weeks. They've been a little lighter once I started staying more hydrated. But I'm still taken by surprise at how strong some of them are. Funny because I often feel them when I'm not doing anything strenuous and often first thing before I get out of bed.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:49 PM

Yup, here too. They started pretty early for me. Sometimes they can really take my breath away. I like them, like youngfrankenstein said, they make me feel motherly.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 07-18-2009, 04:32 PM

i felt them crazy-early this time, like 10 weeks or something, but they're rarely strong.

I like to think that i am doing a good job of drinking enough--but i really ought to be drinking RRL tea sometimes instead of just water, lemonade, and caffeinated things

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Old 07-18-2009, 09:45 PM

I don't know. Last time around, I didn't feel them at all, if I had any. This time, the past several days, I'll get a sudden almost "gassy" cramping in my stomach that lasts several minutes. I started wondering whether that was BH, since I don't have gas. What a dumb question for a second time mom to have!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:56 AM

I'm 24weeks and just started feeling them too, especially after a lot of walking. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I don't remember them starting this early with my other two, but I'm much more active this time around with 2 kids at home!

Mom to:
DD (1/03) , DS (9/05) , DD (10/09)
Old 07-19-2009, 06:34 PM

Yep! Everyday - fairly strong ones.

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

Old 07-19-2009, 11:11 PM

Since this is my first I am not completely sure??? Every once and a while (it seems like when the baby is really active) my abdomen will tighten up in one area. It doesn't hurt, but it kind of feels a little weird, almost like a muscle spasm that lasts for about a minute or so.

Does it sound like Braxton Hicks?? My ob keeps asking if I am having contractions, but I never know what to say...

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 PM

Mine always feel like a big tightening of my front "belly". You can lose your breath a little bit. I wouldn't describe them as crampy or gassy for me.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 PM

BellyBean, "tightening" definitely sounds like braxton hicks.

For me, they are getting uncomfortable. I have them a lot throughout the day, and my belly gets so tight that they literally do kind of take my breath away and just make my whole belly uncomfortable. I know they they serve a very valuable purpose, but for some reason, they are majorly getting on my nerves this time around.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 07-20-2009, 12:25 AM

Yup. Although with this pregnancy I started feeling BH's early on (at like 10 weeks). It mainly happens when we drive over the Destin bridge. It must be all the bumping around that makes it happen. LOL

Liz, Air Force wife, mommy to 3 kiddos.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:31 AM

This is my first so I'm not sure if this is what I'm having or not. The last few days the very front of my belly (like right below my belly button and down) gets tight and sore. Sort of like a pulled muscle. Some times it's worse than others, usually better when I'm laying down versus sitting up. Not too bad but definitely annoying and sore when it occurs. So what do you think?

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:29 PM

Deny- that sounds a bit more like round ligament pain than braxton hicks. Round ligament pain is one of the most lovely side effects of a growing belly:.(not) BH (braxton hicks) you can sure feel the tightning if not internally, then by feeling your belly. Just my 2 cents

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 07-21-2009, 08:24 PM

Just an Update: Went to see my OB and they said the same thing, ligament pain. Basically my belly has not been this big (and I've only gained about 6lbs, makes me a little worried about the months to come) before so the muscles & ligaments are streching and like when you do too much or new exercise and strecth out the muscles it hurts for a few days. They said tylenol, heating pad, and rest were my best options. Good thing it is starting to subside. Today is the first day I haven't had a sore belly! :-)

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!

User Tag List