Question for late Nov. mamas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I turned 24 weeks yesterday, we've been able to feel and watch this baby move from the outside for at least the last 3 weeks now. Didn't give it any thought until yesterday when I found myself working with a mama who was 25 weeks along and says they can't see or feel their baby from the outside yet. We are built the same and our bellies are pretty much the same size, mine is a little pointy-er maybe. She said her placenta is low according to her most recent u/s, no anterior placenta noted.

I'm sure both our babies are just fine, no worries, but I'm just wondering if any other late Nov. mamas can see/feel their babies externally yet or if this is just another sign that my baby is going to be my hugest yet, lol.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#2 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 05:13 PM

No way! I'm 24.4 weeks and I've been seeing from the outside for a few weeks. I'm also chubby so I have a bigger belly. Is it her first baby? Maybe she doesn't know she's seeing it. Maybe she has a dainty baby.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#3 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

It's her second baby, actually. I told her maybe she's having a little dainty baby, lol.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#4 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 06:36 PM

I'm feeling and seeing mine from the outside as well and have been for at least 2-3 weeks. Could be her baby is just dainty and mellow. My u/s also noted that my placenta was anterior, but still seeing/feeling some movement.
#5 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 06:38 PM

oh boy can we see it from the outside big time!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#6 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 06:43 PM

Seeing and feeling from the outside here too. I can see it most if I'm relaxing in the tub.
#7 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 09:57 PM

I have been seeing it since I pretty much felt him. I felt him later than I felt Ds! I felt him at about 16ish weeks and it took me until 20ish with this boy! This boy is also way calmer than Ds ever was sometimes I barely feel him until I sit real still and nudge him around! Lets hope that continues on earth side!!!!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#8 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 10:21 PM

I first felt movement at around 13 weeks or so and dh was able to feel it from the outside at about 14 weeks and we've been able to see my belly move just a bit since about 15-16 weeks (which was the first time I tried to see it so maybe I could've seen it sooner ). I'm built small and don't have much padding around the baby though so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm almost 25 weeks along at this point and my belly really rocks and rolls now! We can even see it move through clothing (if it's not really loose) and have been able to for at least 2 weeks now.

I have a pretty active baby though - maybe your friend has a mellow one?

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#9 of 19 Old 08-08-2009, 11:10 PM

Yup, we've been seeing and feeling from the outside for the past 2 weeks!

Liz, Air Force wife, mommy to 3 kiddos.

#10 of 19 Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Yes I have been feeling movment from the outside for at least the last 5-6 weeks.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#11 of 19 Old 08-09-2009, 12:25 AM

Well, I'm just now feeling regular movement and just now feeling from the outside, but still can't see from the outside. It's always been that way for me and I'm tall and about average weight wise. I do carry inward, though. I'm between 24 and 25 weeks.

, , , and
#12 of 19 Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 AM

Definitely seeing movement from the outside here too!

Wife to dh and mama to : dd (7/08) and ds (11/09)
#13 of 19 Old 08-09-2009, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

: I love it!!

SunShineSally, lol, I read your post and had to tell you that my first son was SO active in utero, I was really worried he'd be a wild child once he was born, and he was the exact opposite, always was and is the most laid-back mellow boy. DS #3 was sooooo quiet in utero, failed all the NSTs because he was so nonreactive, had me worried sick -- and he came out wild eyed and screaming and 4.5 years later he is still like that!! You can just never tell...

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#14 of 19 Old 08-09-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siennaflower View Post
Seeing and feeling from the outside here too. I can see it most if I'm relaxing in the tub.
Me too! Doesn't it feel like a weird Jurassic Park moment?! =)
#15 of 19 Old 08-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyheaded_Mama View Post
We are built the same and our bellies are pretty much the same size, mine is a little pointy-er maybe.
I read somewhere that women with a shorter torso will pop out more, and women with longer torsoes carry more inside. It's definitely true of some pg friends of mine. I have a super short torso and it looks like I have a basketball under my shirt...all out front. Maybe your friend has just a smidge longer torso?

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#16 of 19 Old 08-10-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole915 View Post
Me too! Doesn't it feel like a weird Jurassic Park moment?! =)
Yep, that it does.
#17 of 19 Old 08-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Ok now I'm jealous. I am due at the beginning of Nov (will be 28 weeks in just a few days) and we haven't seen much of anything from the outside! Maybe a shudder every so often when she's being rather vigorous but nothing else so far. I can feel her like crazy and Kate can feel her kicks too, when she pushes a bit on my lower belly, as little thumps and flutters but we're not seeing it.

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#18 of 19 Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 PM

I'm not sure but I do know every pregnancy is different. I have no problems that I know of, and I'm hardly showing at all. It's growing but slowly, and really, you can't tell. The day I found out I was pregnant, 2 or so days later I visited my mom and she had no idea(and then I was already estimated at 28wks). I can say that once I started taking my prenatal vitamins it kicked everything in gear. Before I felt no movements, my breasts were no larger, my stomach was still 100% flat and I was fitting in my jeans. I would say 3 1/2 weeks of taking the prenatal vitamins daily and everything started kicking in. My breasts began to leak/are bigger, my belly button is slightly more out than in now, and I'm getting the aches and pains alongside peeing more and gaining weight.

I'm only 4'10/4'11, was about 110/115lbs, and I now weigh probably close to 135lbs, but I have been forcing food down, especially since I feel no extra hunger need or craving. Starting July 1st I really starting cramming down food periodically throughout the day to purposely put on extra weight for our baby, no matter how bloated the vitamins have made me and the extra weight shows.

After my U/S app. on Aug. 4th I was estimated at only 25wks rather than 28wks(but I still haven't had fundal measurements done, so who knows).

So I'm sure her baby is fine, mine is and there is hardly anything to show for it yet. No full rounded belly yet. I do feel kicks, punches, ect... but damn I realllyyyy wish I had the belly(even though I have a pet-peeve about people touching it), I still want to show it.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#19 of 19 Old 08-10-2009, 07:09 PM

My completely unmedically sound opinion is that breech babies just don't show as much from the outside. I have very little outside movement, but she's facing my right side hugging on my placenta, with her feet waaaayyyyyy deep inside (think: many, many cervical kicks). I feel her all the time, but seeing her move isn't something I've experienced as of yet, and really may not.

But I mean think about it - if head is down and feet are up, it makes sense that you'll see lots of movement from the ouside with the kicks and such. My kicks are happening deep inside, like literally halfway between my back and my front. Who's gonna see that?

Eventually I suppose I'll see her elbows and her head and such, but probably not until she's a bit bigger/stronger. And EVENTUALLY I hope she'll get her head in the game and flip around. But for now she looks so darned comfortable in there. I'm worried too.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page