Weekly chit chat -- Mon. Oct. 5th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone! How are you all doing? What's going on in your lives?

I know for me, last night was the night where I felt like I better start buckling down and bracing myself for the hard part of this pregnancy. I've made a concious effort to not complain that much during my pregnancy b/c I knew it was only going to get harder. Well now I feel like I'm at the hard part. 33 weeks ..... hips, back, pain, nausea, heartburn, low energy, lethargy, yeast, a general sick feeling, my belly is sooo heavy!! I'm sure I didn't mention everything.

I'm having a hard time drinking enough water and eating enough protein. My husband is so sick of trying to cook for me, that he just offers me crapola food. Then I have to remind him I haven't had any protein all day and I HAVE to eat a good dinner.

On the bright side, the nursery is here! There is still a lot I could do with it, but if it had to be functional, it could be! I'm not nearly prepared enough with diapers though. Better get on that soon!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#2 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 AM

As for me, I think my hormones are in full swing again. My patience is really short and my poor ds knows my triggers too well. Makes me wonder what kind of mom I'll be to two lo's.

I'm trying to buckle down and work on organizing everything. I keep telling myself that if Baby arrived tomorrow, we'd have everything she needs immediately (except a name!), even if it's not organized in a lovely way.

I have a fair amount of aches and pains, but all in all, I really do enjoy being pregnant. I don't plan to do this again, so I'm trying to focus on the positive (most of the time) and enjoy the experience.
#3 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM

Hi everyone

Carrie, I find it helps if I drink a giant glass of water first thing out of bed in the morning, every day. It just gets everything off to a good start. Protein is a little harder since I only really like beans and cheese and peanut butter and I'm not always good about eating enough of those. Fortunately, my husband doesn't mind cooking for me as long as I do the cleanup.

I have 4 dozen newborn diapers and 12 newborn covers, which is about 25% more than I estimate we need, and I go back and forth between feeling guilty that we have more than we need, and just feeling glad that we have some flexibility, and I can always make a donation to Miracle Diapers when we're done.

I found out I am going to get an incredibly freaking awesome baby shower gift on Saturday. I have to pretend like I don't know about it. But on the inside I am squeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It was so unexpected--I wasn't expecting anything at all, let alone anything incredibly freaking awesome.

Still need to order the birth kit and go to Target and get started on buying supplies. I've been thrown for a huge loop by my cat's death and last week's drama at school, so I need to get it back together. However, everyone--my friends, the professor of the class where the drama went down, the folks at my daughter's preschool--is being unusually nice to me, which helps. I have my 34-week appointment and I'm concerned about the baby's position, since I don't have a good track record of getting a baby to turn.

The only other thing I can think of is that BIL has started some big-time drama which MIL is augmenting with her drama queen tendencies, and that is stressing me out. It would be easier to ignore if I didn't love BIL's children.

I guess that's it for now.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#4 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 AM

I am getting so excited that I can hardly stand it.

Of course, all the normal last month things are starting to hit, my hips kill me at night which results in little sleep but I have managed to catch a few naps here and there. Other than that, I just feel wonderfully pg and so ready to meet this baby.

On another note, we are seriously considering moving to a homebirth. I know, it is late in the game but it just feels so right. So, I am torn over that but hoping that meeting with a midwife tomorrow will help flush out some of my feelings. I am mostly concerned about after the baby comes. I would love to be able to just lay in bed and rest but I just don't see it happening.

Oh, and we may have a name. Our DS is David and DD is Rachel. So, I really wanted another biblically based name for this DD. We are deciding between Abigail or Naomi. At this point though, we are telling IRL since I don't want to hear any more opinions. I really like the sound of Naomi and Lynn will be her mn. It is also mine.

I can't believe that I am only a few days from when DS showed up at 36 weeks yet I am still nearly 5 weeks from when DD made her appearance 4 days after my due date. Just anxious for the surprise of when labor starts I guess.

Hope you all are hanging in there and looking forward to the next adventure as much as I am!

Kelly

Kelly - Wife to a wonderful man and Mom to a c-sect boy (3/3/05), hospital vbac.gif girl (12/20/07), h20homebirth.gif girl (11/4/09), expecting #4 EDD 7/15/13. We homeschool.gif
#5 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 AM

I think I probably did too much over the weekend (my muscles are really sore) but at least it is done; and the nursery is finally started! there is paint on the walls and a new floor down! We will have definitely a cabinet and a dresser before the baby is born, and with luck, maybe a crib (my dad is building it and hasn't started yet)

We had our first (of 3) showers yesterday and since it was touted as a "diaper" shower, that is mostly what we got, diapers and wipes. I'm a sposie user (rare on MDC I know), and one of the women there, DH's aunt, was like, you aren't using cloth diapers are you? and I said no, she was like "thank God!" and I nearly rolled my eyes. I have nothing against CD I think they are great, but with DH not working right now, and our life in upheaval I don't want to mess with them right now (though I will have some to use for burp cloths and as back ups, because you never know). You would also think this crowd had never heard of a midwife before, because they were all like, well, what does she DO? I mean, does she sit with you the whole time, (you're in labor) and does she do pre-natal care. I was like, come on! I am seeing the CNM's at the hospital and will deliver there (though I would rather be at home) so just relax! they are trained professionals! and on hearing I was delivering at the hospital, the aunt was like, Good! I was so worried you would deliver at home! Geesh, I mean . . . obviously not a very "crunchy" crowd, this.

Anyway, 5 weeks to go! I am so looking forward to it, but boy, am I tired!

-Katrina - expecting Gabriel around 11/7/09

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#6 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Hi everyone!

It's looking like things are slowly coming together for everyone. I've been on a mad dash to get everything prepared for this little bean, and I think I finally have everything done. My last item was buying a coming home outfit for the little guy. I finally found one on Saturday. The baby's room is done, even though I know the chance of him sleeping in it before he is 1 or older is next to nil. But I can't stand the thought of him not having his own special place even if he isn't ever in it.
I explained to dd1 yesterday what is going to happen when mommy has her baby brother. I think she somewhat understands. She's very excited that she gets to have a sleep over at granny and grandpa's. I'm really worried about how dd2 is going to handle this new little one though. She has become a really big mommy's girl the last few weeks, and will no longer go to even daddy for comfort. I think the longest I've been apart from her is 3 hrs so even if I can get out of the hospital fast it will still probably be 24 hrs apart.
I'm getting really really nervous about how little time there is left. I could possibly only have 2 weeks left. My contractions have stepped up the last week or so, to the point that it took 20 min in the tub till they finally subsided one night. I feel tons of pressure as baby's head is pressing on my cervix. I still don't believe that I will go before 37 weeks though, and will do anything to make sure that I don't go before 37 weeks. And because this one is a boy I would feel more comfortable having him at 38 or 39 weeks.
Anyways I could go on and on right now, about absolutely nothing. But the girls have gymnastics this morning, so I have to get going.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#7 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 36 weeks this week! That means my MW can deliver me and I can start my EPO now!

Besides that...I got more stuff done this weekend- guest bedroom (aka 'baby central' room for the time being) has been cleaned out- floor/closet rid of junk, floors swept/mopped, baby clothes hung and folded, crib set up (though the thought of him sleeping in it makes me sad- it's just for necessary times), and CD stuff organized. It definitely takes a huge weight off my shoulders knowing all that is done!

But now my back is killing me...

Tonight I'm going grocery shopping and will get all the ingredients needed for my frozen meals and also containers (thanks everyone for the awesome suggestions on the Food Prep thread). So that will be one more thing on my list...

AND last but not least, we have another estimate coming this week for the soaker tub installation. Have I said I'm so excited that I'll be able to use my master bathroom again?? It's totally clogged and disgusting right now so we have to shlep everything from our closets to the middle bathroom constantly...this renovation is MUCH needed. But it doesn't hurt that I want a waterbirth... I'll post pics when it's finished (only 'after' photos though)!

I'm totally not feeling ANYTHING in terms of contractions or dilating, so I'm pretty sure I'll go to at least 41 weeks. I scheduled my maternity portraits for the last weekend in October (at nearly 39 wks) because I'm so sure of that. Playing with fire, I know. Maybe I'll jinx myself into going early!

Everyone have a fantastic week and keep those babies cooking!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#8 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 PM

hi everyone.

doing not so great. we got this dog before i knew i was pregnant, he is a huge mess. i have taught him plenty of things and commands but he still has some traits that i don't think are ever going to vanish, i have tried everything. i discussed with dh that i would work with him extra hard throughout last month and this month to try and improve some things, but he is incapable of stopping the habits, i can't fix them no matter how hard i try. - now we're in oct. and i'm still trying, but the aroma of urine and bm's every morning is taking its toll on me. i wake up every morning knowing what i'm going to have to deal with; i take a deep breath, rub my eyes, throw on some clothes, and go clean everything up, including the dog, who requires a bath every morning because of it. he has hit my belly multiple times, he has spontaneous and erratic panic attacks for no reason, i just can't fix him. i can't bring a baby into this home knowing it will smell of urine and bm's all the time. that being said, i have given up 'trying' to clean to the best of my ability, because no matter what i do, it will smell like this the next day, so now i'm just 'dealing' with it living in this raunchy smell. i talked to dh, and i told him i simply couldn't do it anymore. if i weren't pregnant yes i could deal with this, and i feel bad as it is(i love this dog), but he needs to go... to a friend, a good home, or the humane society. it's just too overwhelming right now, i have no idea how i will toggle a baby and a dog who is nearly a year old with these issues. this isn't even all of the issues but my post would be longer than it is now just listing everything. i've never gotten rid of a dog, so this is a pretty big deal to me emotionally. - i just hope once he's gone i have ambition to get this stink out and have everything clean for the baby.

aside from that, come to find out, SIL did not purchase a bassinet and swing as she said, it was a lie(though i figured, she is compulsive about lying). me and dh went and picked up a sturdy swing that was affordable, we're still debating a sleeping situation once baby is here.

me and dh do not have a lot of money, we have struggled with everything we have obtained, but in the end we have been able to pull everything together with some networking, hard work, and compassion. we want this baby, we have cut off so many things just to accommodate him too, but it is all SO worth it! can't wait to have my baby here and start our family. no, he may not have everything desirable, but i will work my hardest and try at least. i love him already and he isn't even here yet.

oh, i should also add i officially can not shave anymore. i have tried. it was hard when i first couldn't see now i regret not shaving more during that time, because now it just seems impossible. i won't let dh attempt it anymore because he accidentally cut me(not that i don't accidentally cut myself too). no pun intended to natural mamma's that don't shave, but i can't take it!(TMI), it itches so bad and my lawn looks choppy because i can't see. grr.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#9 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Doing okay here. Dh spent some time with me this weekend getting birth pool supplies. He's been so busy since we moved it was nice to be doing something together to get ready. Ds is now super excited about the birth pool and wants to test it out, which we'll do when we manage to get the right adaptor for the sink faucet.

I'm trying to get out of the hormonal funk I've been in. We had a couple of financial surprises, the main one with our insurance coverage for the homebirth. We thought we were covering all our bases by talking to them and trying to specifically pick out which plan based on the coverage. Now we'll be lucky to get the prenatal portion of the midwives fees covered. Although I'm still hoping by working with her billing insurance we'll get 1/2 covered.

So if we can figure all of that out, I will stress less and be less of a PIA for dh and ds. I even made ds cry last week because I could't stop crying.

On a good note I have an appointment today and I really think baby has moved. I keep feeling a lot of kicking in the ribs for 4-5 days now. Other than that the heartburn is a pain (literally) and my sciatica has started. I plan to go to chiropractor this time if needed and not suffer through it like last time.

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and starting to really think about the labor/birth.
#10 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
FTM.

I had to give up my dogs when DD was born because I just couldn't care for them the way they needed to be cared for. I gave one to my mom and the other (a young terrier who barked and dug holes nonstop) to the SPCA. It was extremely difficult and emotional, but in the end, totally necessary.

Don't get caught up over the basinet and swing. Neither are necessary, really and DD hated both anyway. Get a crib and try not to be sad about not having those 'extras'.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#11 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 12:23 PM

First time mommy, have you checked craigslist for a bassinet/cosleeper/pack 'n play (often these have bassinet inserts)? We got our co-sleeper off of there for about $90 and it runs usually 2x that, + shipping. Granted, after I got it, I found another on craigslist for even less; but still! we also got our crib mobile, swing, and a few other things from local people on craigslist. It's just a thought (since I'm not sure if you are in an area that would have alot of craigslisters) Also this time of year you can find large consignment sales, there have been 3 or 4 in our area (columbia, sc) in the last couple months and we've been able to nab some awesome deals.

I have no idea if I'm dilating or effacing, can tell you I've got an awful lot of what some called "lightning crotch" today though.

I want to stay pregnant through the last of my baby showers and then get the show on the road! (the last one is Oct. 18th)

-Katrina

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#12 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

First-Time-Mommy -- so sorry to hear about your dog. I am an avid dog lover as well. I commend your efforts. I wish there was a Ceaser for you. Hopefully a nice rescue will be able to take him in.

Shwarma -- I'm so jealous that you are 36 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#13 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm here and I'm...I don't know. I'm really, really tired of the GD diet. I feel like my entire day revolves around fixing meals that I don't even want to eat and poking myself 6x a day. And I'm barely 32 weeks...I still have TWO MONTHS to go. The good news is baby is doing great, I had an us on Monday and she was (est.) 4lb, 4oz and very active. Of course, at that size I thought for sure they would bump up my due date but no...they PUSHED IT BACK two more days. WTH?? So now I'm due Nov 30th. But...I had a few contractions yesterday, nothing major and they stopped on their own but I'm thinking (hoping, praying) I may go early. Obviously not THIS early, I want her to be healthy but man, I'm so freaking miserable. Sigh.

On the home front, our house in TX sold last month so that was a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. Baby's room is ready, dh put up the shelves for a Care Bear collection that we had in dd's baby room and that was the last thing we needed done. Diaper stash is almost complete, I just need to order some wraps and snappis and that's it. I have no idea how cold it will get here, much more so than TX I imagine, so we may need some fleece sleepers but we'll see. Oh and I need a coming home outfit for her. I've been waiting for the fall/winter baby stuff to go on sale

FTM. Is the dog crate trained? We had a rescue pup that had a lot of issues including not being housebroken and the crate was a miracle cure for her. Plus it gave me a safe place to put her when I couldn't keep a constant eye on her. But I totally understand where you're coming from, I don't know if I could have dealt with that with a newborn. Be proud of yourself for at least giving him/her a chance.
#14 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siennaflower View Post
I'm here and I'm...I don't know. I'm really, really tired of the GD diet. I feel like my entire day revolves around fixing meals that I don't even want to eat and poking myself 6x a day. And I'm barely 32 weeks...I still have TWO MONTHS to go. The good news is baby is doing great, I had an us on Monday and she was (est.) 4lb, 4oz and very active. Of course, at that size I thought for sure they would bump up my due date but no...they PUSHED IT BACK two more days. WTH?? So now I'm due Nov 30th. But...I had a few contractions yesterday, nothing major and they stopped on their own but I'm thinking (hoping, praying) I may go early. Obviously not THIS early, I want her to be healthy but man, I'm so freaking miserable. Sigh.

On the home front, our house in TX sold last month so that was a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. Baby's room is ready, dh put up the shelves for a Care Bear collection that we had in dd's baby room and that was the last thing we needed done. Diaper stash is almost complete, I just need to order some wraps and snappis and that's it. I have no idea how cold it will get here, much more so than TX I imagine, so we may need some fleece sleepers but we'll see. Oh and I need a coming home outfit for her. I've been waiting for the fall/winter baby stuff to go on sale
Sorry about the GD diet and all the blood testing. ((HUGS)) I can only imagine that it sucks big time. And why on earth would they push your due date back (or move it at all?) at this point? US is no where near accurate enough at this stage to move a due date. But I am so glad to hear that your house in TX sold! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First-Time-Mommy View Post
hi everyone.

doing not so great. we got this dog before i knew i was pregnant, he is a huge mess. i have taught him plenty of things and commands but he still has some traits that i don't think are ever going to vanish, i have tried everything. i discussed with dh that i would work with him extra hard throughout last month and this month to try and improve some things, but he is incapable of stopping the habits, i can't fix them no matter how hard i try. - now we're in oct. and i'm still trying, but the aroma of urine and bm's every morning is taking its toll on me. i wake up every morning knowing what i'm going to have to deal with; i take a deep breath, rub my eyes, throw on some clothes, and go clean everything up, including the dog, who requires a bath every morning because of it. he has hit my belly multiple times, he has spontaneous and erratic panic attacks for no reason, i just can't fix him. i can't bring a baby into this home knowing it will smell of urine and bm's all the time. that being said, i have given up 'trying' to clean to the best of my ability, because no matter what i do, it will smell like this the next day, so now i'm just 'dealing' with it living in this raunchy smell. i talked to dh, and i told him i simply couldn't do it anymore. if i weren't pregnant yes i could deal with this, and i feel bad as it is(i love this dog), but he needs to go... to a friend, a good home, or the humane society. it's just too overwhelming right now, i have no idea how i will toggle a baby and a dog who is nearly a year old with these issues. this isn't even all of the issues but my post would be longer than it is now just listing everything. i've never gotten rid of a dog, so this is a pretty big deal to me emotionally. - i just hope once he's gone i have ambition to get this stink out and have everything clean for the baby.

aside from that, come to find out, SIL did not purchase a bassinet and swing as she said, it was a lie(though i figured, she is compulsive about lying). me and dh went and picked up a sturdy swing that was affordable, we're still debating a sleeping situation once baby is here.

me and dh do not have a lot of money, we have struggled with everything we have obtained, but in the end we have been able to pull everything together with some networking, hard work, and compassion. we want this baby, we have cut off so many things just to accommodate him too, but it is all SO worth it! can't wait to have my baby here and start our family. no, he may not have everything desirable, but i will work my hardest and try at least. i love him already and he isn't even here yet.

oh, i should also add i officially can not shave anymore. i have tried. it was hard when i first couldn't see now i regret not shaving more during that time, because now it just seems impossible. i won't let dh attempt it anymore because he accidentally cut me(not that i don't accidentally cut myself too). no pun intended to natural mamma's that don't shave, but i can't take it!(TMI), it itches so bad and my lawn looks choppy because i can't see. grr.
I'm sorry you are dealing with so much stress. You have a lot on your plate and the dog situation just seems like it is not fair to you (or him) at the moment. I'd try to find him a new home asap. And when you do, you have NOTHING to be feel bad about. You've given it a ton of effort and sometimes things just aren't a good fit. ((HUGS))

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebalmmama View Post
I'm trying to get out of the hormonal funk I've been in. We had a couple of financial surprises, the main one with our insurance coverage for the homebirth. We thought we were covering all our bases by talking to them and trying to specifically pick out which plan based on the coverage. Now we'll be lucky to get the prenatal portion of the midwives fees covered. Although I'm still hoping by working with her billing insurance we'll get 1/2 covered.

So if we can figure all of that out, I will stress less and be less of a PIA for dh and ds. I even made ds cry last week because I could't stop crying.

On a good note I have an appointment today and I really think baby has moved. I keep feeling a lot of kicking in the ribs for 4-5 days now. Other than that the heartburn is a pain (literally) and my sciatica has started. I plan to go to chiropractor this time if needed and not suffer through it like last time.

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and starting to really think about the labor/birth.
I can relate to the financial stuff. We are probably going to have to let our house in Oregon go to foreclosure. At this point, I just really, really don't care anymore. I just want it GONE and the stress off my mind.

And hurray for head-down babies!

I have my 36 week appointment on wednesday, then a home visit next week.
Thanks to a very generous $$$ donation from a family member, we are now caught up on all of our bills (except that pesky mortgage in Oregon) and have enough money left over to buy a birth pool, winter clothes for DS, a bouncy seat for baby AND still have money in the bank after we buy food! First time in two years since we've had money left before the next paycheck is deposited. What a blessing and HUGE relief. I finally feel like I can relax and concentrate on birthing this baby. So things are looking up...finally.
#15 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM

I am 35w2d today and I am having contractions. My MW is at a birth right now, so she wants me to be more or less on bedrest today. She has other midwives she can send out to check me if the contractions don't stop, but I'm not far enough along yet for a homebirth. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this little guy can stay put for at least another week.

Other than that... I am managing. I had a lot of pain over the weekend from DS pressing on my sciatic nerve. The nursery is almost done. We got the paint touched up and finished the pieces for the mobile. We just need to hang the artwork and assemble and hang the mobile.

I get to order the birth kit this week (assuming I don't go into labor first), and I have a few more birth items I still need to buy/wash/gather/prepare. Everyone from my DH to my parents to my MW to my 3 year old thinks I'm going to have this baby in October instead of November.
#16 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 05:36 PM

FTM, I miss my cat like CRAZY but I sure don't miss the pee and poop everywhere.

#17 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 07:12 PM

Not sure...On one hand things are going well...got a bunch of cleaning/ organizing done this weekend, hospital bag packed, more food cooked and frozen, and carseat installed in the Yukon!

But I am beginning to feel "done"! My belly is getting heavier and heavier, sleeping is getting more difficult/uncomfortable, and just ready to have this baby! I can't wait for my OB to let me know for sure which way this baby is facing, unfortunately I don't think she's head down (but what do I know, this is my first! ). I know she has slid down as I feel her much lower. She quite often has a body part pressed out and I feel it up at the top of my belly but the last few days it's only a couple inches above my belly button. And have had several people comment in the last few days about me really popping out now, and wow that baby got big in the last week, etc. Makes me laugh becuase I've spent the whole pg being told I'm SO small and are you sure you're that far along, and now the holy cow there's a baby in there!

The dog and cats have been VERY clingy today (Hank, the dog, normally spends his day lounging on the couch in the front room, but today he has been right at the foot of the chair the whole day...I can't even go to the bathroom w/o him following me and sitting outside the door!)...do they know something I don't?

My 36 week appt is on Wed, my mom was 2 weeks early with both me and my brother so this baby may be coming soon!

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#18 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM

I am doing fairly well. I will be 36 weeks this week, so as long as I get to 37 weeks I can go to my birth center. I'm starting to try to get myself mentally ready for labor and delivery. Yesterday I had a few different moments where I was feeling crampy, but nothing contraction-like. I'm achy when I first wake up in the morning, and it takes me a minute to get off the couch, but other than that I feel pretty good.

We set up DS's big boy bed yesterday so we can get the crib out of his room and ready for new baby. We pulled out all of DS's old baby gear and clothes so I need to get those washed and ready. I'm finally starting to want to nest so I have a list a mile long of things to do around the house.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#19 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 PM

I'm trying to figure out how I have sore ribs and a sore pelvis at the same time and I still have a month to go.

Doing okay here. Slowing down a lot. Having lots of contractions and pressure feelings. Getting some hints of nesting every so often.
#20 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 PM

Ftm - I feel your pain! Dh and I got a 2nd dog just before we found out we were pg with ds (he was a surprise). We had some very similar issues that you seem to have with your doggie. Every time we left the house, she would pee/poop, and then she would get it on herself, so we ended up washing her kennel or the carpet AND her every time we came home - even if we were only gone 30 minutes. We tried everything to help her, to no avail.

I am an avid dog lover and I don't normally believe in getting animals that you don't keep...but in the end, we decided that she was just not a good match for our family, as sweet and loving as she was. When ds was about 6 months old, we found a purebred rescue that placed our doggie with someone who had another of her breed and personality, was home a lot, and had a great home for her. I still miss her, but I feel like we did the right thing for her and for us.

It's an incredibly hard decision, but maybe one you should consider strongly. Good luck!
#21 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM

I'm doing pretty well. A little achy in the hips and baby is definitely low. I'll be 36 weeks this coming Sunday, after that I have the green light to deliver at home...except my MW will be away until Nov. 1, so I hope nothing happens before then (she obviously has a backup). In my mind, I don't think baby's coming until somewhere between Nov. 11th & 18th.

Emotionally, I'm in a much different place...I had been constantly irritated and angry for a few weeks. Now I'm very mushy and sentimental. I'm trying to savor this time with my sweet DS as the days are numbered where it's just going to be the two of us during the day.

We haven't done much to prepare for the baby...but then again, there's not much to be done. We have diapers, we have clothes. Sometime over the next few weeks, we'll take some time to get everything into place even if 100% of the things on our to do list aren't accomplished. Still, I'm feeling a little short on money and short on space.
#22 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose-Roget View Post
Ftm - I feel your pain! Dh and I got a 2nd dog just before we found out we were pg with ds (he was a surprise). We had some very similar issues that you seem to have with your doggie. Every time we left the house, she would pee/poop, and then she would get it on herself, so we ended up washing her kennel or the carpet AND her every time we came home - even if we were only gone 30 minutes. We tried everything to help her, to no avail.

I am an avid dog lover and I don't normally believe in getting animals that you don't keep...but in the end, we decided that she was just not a good match for our family, as sweet and loving as she was. When ds was about 6 months old, we found a purebred rescue that placed our doggie with someone who had another of her breed and personality, was home a lot, and had a great home for her. I still miss her, but I feel like we did the right thing for her and for us.

It's an incredibly hard decision, but maybe one you should consider strongly. Good luck!

thanks. i don't want to get rid of him, and as time as went by since i posted that i am still REALLY debating. i keep thinking i'll just wake up one morning and he will change, especially since i've tried numerous tactics and different things to tackle this situation. i keep telling myself this, i'm really trying to cling to something right now so he doesn't have to go. i think i will give it a couple more weeks and see what happens. i still feel there is hope for him. if not, then i need to bring this thing to a close and move on with getting the house prepared.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#23 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny_zoo29 View Post
The dog and cats have been VERY clingy today (Hank, the dog, normally spends his day lounging on the couch in the front room, but today he has been right at the foot of the chair the whole day...I can't even go to the bathroom w/o him following me and sitting outside the door!)...do they know something I don't?
I wonder if they do! I swear, as soon as I was pregnant, my dog was by my side and protecting me. I really think animals can sense a lot!

I had my mw appt. today. I'm 35w3d. With ds, I delivered at 37 weeks, so they are tentatively anticipating the possibility that I could have this baby in a couple of weeks! Just told my dh that information...he's a little freaked out at the moment, I think. Mw did an internal and I was 1 cm, 60% effaced, and "really really soft." I know you can't really tell anything from those stats, but things are moving in the right direction, I guess.

Oh yeah, I was strongly advised to get my flu shots and to make sure everyone in the family got theirs, as well. I declined today, but she was disappointed. I promised I'd look at the CDC website, but I'm really if-y on the whole flu shot thing, anyway. The years I've had it, I have been sicker than the years I haven't - never the flu, but still down and out sick.
#24 of 58 Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogautumn View Post
Emotionally, I'm in a much different place...I had been constantly irritated and angry for a few weeks. Now I'm very mushy and sentimental. I'm trying to savor this time with my sweet DS as the days are numbered where it's just going to be the two of us during the day.
I'm fluctuating between the two emotional states - I'm irritable and short-tempered one minute, and the next I'm crying and mushy sentimental. I hope I make it to the full-time sentimental soon. I totally agree about trying to savor the time with ds as our 1-1 time is numbered...but then I go and ruin it by scolding him when I should be understanding.
#25 of 58 Old 10-06-2009, 12:51 AM

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! HEARTBURN!!!!!!!

#26 of 58 Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 PM

34 weeks tomorrow. Three more weeks until I can have my homebirth!

Just yesterday I noticed baby looked lower, but maybe she's just growing more that way. Also noticed my breasts leaking colostrum for the first time last night.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#27 of 58 Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! HEARTBURN!!!!!!!
Rofl. I think I own 3000 Tums.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#28 of 58 Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 PM

Heartburn sufferers: is your bed propped up like an old lady's? Mine is, and my heartburn has been greatly eradicated! I also take nexium every night, but nexium alone couldn't handle all the burn. So dh and I propped the head of our bed up like senior citizens in a craftmatic adjustable and wheeeeeeeeeee! Heartburn is muy better

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#29 of 58 Old 10-06-2009, 05:48 PM

i wish i could sleep like that mine is worse if im on my right side so i HAVE to sleep on my left everynight and my shoulder hurts!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#30 of 58 Old 10-06-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
Rofl. I think I own 3000 Tums.
My midwife told me not to take Tums, they calcify the placenta. Baking soda in water works pretty well (I'm weird and actually like the taste) but it's not as fast!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page