My ode to hemorrhoids (clearly TMI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To the tune of "The Flintstones"

Hemorrhoids. I have hemorrhoids. Makes it hurt ev-er-y time I poo.
From the strain of going...thought this would wait until I was due.
Someday maybe I'll poo right again.
Guess I'll have to deal with it 'til then.
Hemorrhoids. I have hemorrhoids. I'm so very scared of number two.

Thank you for listening. Any and all commiseration appreciated.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#2 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM

DDC crashing, but I had to read since Hemmy the Hemorrhoid was my close personal friend during pregnancy. To give you a little hope: Bizarrely, Hemmy packed up and left the joint, never to be seen again, AFTER I pushed out my second baby.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#3 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM

I feel for you. I can hardly sit anymore, my little Hemmies grew into gigant cherry sized bulges over the weekend. I went to see my midwife and she gave me some oinments and stuff and the advise "we'll try to avoid to much pushing during labor..." *sigh*

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#4 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Only you, vegasgrl!

I had bad ones with my first pregnancy, but have somehow avoided them this time around.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#5 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 04:25 PM

I love it!!! Thankfully mine haven't been so bad this pregnancy. But I can totally sympathize with you!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#6 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

I had no idea there would be so much blood! It totally freaked me out at first, until I pinpointed the source. It's not like it hurts all the time; just when I have a bowel movement and I'm sliced open again.

I think a lot of it is that my BMs have been a lot more solid than usual. And I just started taking iron pills (to hopefully help with PPD) so I don't see it getting better any time soon. I guess it's back to the daily stool softeners as well. I swear I take WAY more drugs pregnant than I ever have in my life not pregnant.

#7 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh poor vegasgirl.

I don't have big issues, but there is a slight bulge/bubble there now that, I'm afraid, has the potential to grow into something much worse. So I'm not straining to go. At all. I drink a little coffee first thing in the morning which makes things easier and then I eat a bowl of Frosted FiberOne cereal for breakfast.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#8 of 19 Old 10-05-2009, 05:32 PM

I wish I'd know why I got those little devils. I don't strain, I am not constipated, nor do I have a hard stool. Maybe the squatting was too much? I am glad, when they leave me alone again.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#9 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 AM

Yeah, I have them as a delightful souvenir of my last birth

I'm hoping they don't get as bad this time
#10 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 03:21 AM

Re: iron pills--try to find the ones called Hema-Plex. I don't know how they do it, but they DO NOT constipate you. They're not even expensive, and they work too, cause my iron is higher than it's been in years on these

and you know what the best advice is, right?? KEGELS!!!!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#11 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 01:18 PM

ughh iron pills. I think that is what made mine so horrendous the previous pregnancies. Iron made me so constipated (sorry very tmi). I switched to liquid floradix this time around, and no problem with constipation.
I can't believe you were so calm when you found blood. The first time I wiped and found blood mixed with my stool, I freaked out, thinking something majorly was wrong with me. Thankfully I had my (i think, it was 3 years ago so my memory is not good) 2 week postpartum checkup quite soon after and I learned that it was just hemorroids.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#12 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 PM

oh man!

2004 2009
#13 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

LOL, good job on this little ditty!
#14 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, there's a lot of blood. I just had a pretty bad bathroom experience. They must be pretty bad up inside of there because what did come out had a LOT of blood ON it. (It's not IN it really, or then I'd be a little more concerned. It's pretty clear that it's surface-y blood.) Not to mention that I'll now be bleeding for the rest of the day. Oh well; I've been wearing pads since about 10w - pregnancy discharges can be very strange.

I just really, really wish my body could make poopies that weren't too big for me to expel. It's kind of making me question this whole "your body will not make a baby too big for you to birth" notion. On the flip side, I just had a preview of crowning and waiting with a head sticking out of you for another contraction so you could push the body out. Sigh. I'm sad to say I gave up and pushed through it. I'm sure that's not helping the bleeding situation, and won't help keep me from tearing while in labor. Maybe I should have practiced my hypnosis. Next time.

This whole thread belongs in the Thread of TMI; I didn't intend for it to get so carried away. I'm just super icked out about this whole situation right now. But between this recurring nightmare and the gall bladder attacks I had for six months a few years ago, I'm thinking labor will be at least a bit familiar.

Thanks for the iron suggestion - I'll try and find those next time I'm out and about.

Boo on hemorrhoids. I wish I hadn't ever had to learn how to spell it even.

#15 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM

I have an internal prolapsed hemorrhoid that I've named Henry. I've had him since February 2007 and I have no immediate plans to dispose of him. I did see a doctor to heal some anal fissures (which could really be your issue rather than the hemmorrhoid) and we decided to wait on eliminating Henry since I was planning on having more kids.

What is Henry like? He's a vein from inside that decides he wants to come OUTSIDE with each bowel movement ... and then I need to manually replace him. Yeah, TMI but it doesn't hurt and it's habit now. Two and a half years later ...

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
#16 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM

I really really think you should have it looked at. Those sound like anal fissures! Does it burn and sting and feel like your anus is much too small to "birth" your bowel movements? It's most likely a cluster of anal fissures (tiny cuts) that's making it hurt so bad. Trust me -- been there, done that. Got it fixed and now my super duper hemorrhoid Henry is no problem at all.

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
#17 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Haley View Post
Does it burn and sting and feel like your anus is much too small to "birth" your bowel movements?
That's EXACTLY what it's like. I actually haven't ever felt an actual "hemmorhoid;" I just assumed they must be up in there somewhere. It seriously feels like what I imagine a 2nd degree tear must feel like...only up inside of there. I am literally birthing every time I have a BM.

As sorry as I am about this way, way TMI, thank you SO MUCH for suggesting this. I have my GBS-swab prenatal next Tuesday. If the mw can't treat it, maybe she can send me to someone who can.

What a totally awful embarassing problem. But I guess it's worth the embarassment of having it looked at if it will go away.

#18 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 05:30 PM

hehe roids r SOO common hunny even non preg women and men get them my ex used to get them the size of orngs! so dont think its just you hehe and it couldbe worse

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#19 of 19 Old 10-06-2009, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and to Henry. If you can't beat 'em...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page