1. Meepycat: Sept 19th, Vivian Rose (I think, based on the birth story - correct me if I am wrong!)
2. Wanting2BaMom, aka Laura: Oct 12th. A wonderful son, Emory Branham Rogers (see post #4 for the whole birth story), born at 8:34 at exactly 35 weeks weighing 6 lbs 1 oz and 18 1/2 inches long.
3. By-the-Lake: Oct 13th, 9:07 p.m., Baby Joshua.
Born at exactly 35 weeks, beautiful and sweet and soft. He weighs 5lb 12.5 oz and 17.5 inches long.
4. minsca, aka Pam: Oct 20th, 3:04 a.m. welcomed Seth, 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long. More details to follow once she is rested.
5. zookeeper: Oct 23rd (?), Micah Levi, a "shrimp" at .7 lb 8 oz, 20.5 inches.
6. belltree: Oct 25th, 1:50 a.m., fast, unmedicated, roaring labor and a 7 lb. 2 oz, 20 in. long little boy.
7. moonfairy, aka Tessa: Oct 25th, Joah Griffin born at home at 2:23pm, at exactly 38 weeks. 7 pounds even, 20 1/4 inches long, 14+ inch head
8. emilyvorpe: Oct 25th Jagger Jason, born at 10:37pm. 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
9. ldsmom06: Oct 26th, 3:22 p.m., Charlotte arrived. She came out with 2 pushes 1 hour and 45 min after my 1st contraction (after 2 contractions my water broke), 37 weeks and 3 days, 7lbs 15oz and 20.5 in. long.
10. Ssmmbb78, aka Sara: Oct 26th, Frida Shifrah Siegel, born at home, at 6:11pm, surrounded by great midwives, doulas, friends, and family. She's squishy and delicious!
11. bena: Oct 28th, Florence, just over 7 lbs, arrived just after her parents arrived at the hospital!
12. deny_zoo_29, aka Denyel: Oct 29th, Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born with a beautiful head of dark hair, 9 lbs, 1 oz., 21.5 in., 14 in. head circumference.
13. mollusk, aka Molly: Oct 30th, Isabella Strawberry Claire, successful VBAC! 7 lbs., 1 oz.
14. marie1080: Oct 30th, Eden, 9lbs and 21 inches. Perfect waterbirth after 5 hours of labor; big sister slept through it all.
15. mamaprek, aka Sara: Oct 31st, a Halloween pumpkin baby, Brielle Lynn, 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 1/4 inches long.
16. hartfelt: Nov 1st, Magnolia Wren Talullah Ruth, born in the water after a primal and filthy [mouthed] transition, 7 lbs, 2 oz., 19 in. long.
17. sarabrynn82: Nov 1st, Sona Mae, born on a Sunday, 10 lbs 9.5 oz at 39 weeks and 1 day. (Wow, mama, that's a whole lotta baby! - kc)
dynogirl, aka Meredith: Nov 2nd, Emily Grace Marie joined us earthside, wearing her cord like a boa. She's been nursing like an expert from the get go.
18. maisiedotes: Nov 2nd, Kieran Padraig, 7 lb 5 oz. He has the coolest, hippest hair!
19 & 20. CarrieCo, aka Carrie: Nov 3rd, Clarke Lee 6lbs 18.25” long, and Luke Edward, 5lbs 14oz 18.25” long. Their personalities are just like when they were in the womb. Clarke is feisty and Luke is a laid back lover!
21. asparagus78: Nov. 3rd, Born after over 30 hours of unmedicated back labour, Finley weighs 7 lbs 10 oz, looks a lot like his big brother.
22. roomformore: Nov 3rd, Wesley (see post #12), born at home. He arrived less than 30 min after the midwife did. Everything went well and we're just soaking up all the baby snuggles we can right now.
23. Scalpel: Nov 3rd, Two proud mamas welcomed Nathan Fisher and Maxwell Edward ( Nate & Max), 5lb 14 oz and 5lb 11 oz, both 19 inches long.
24. frogautumn: Nov 4th, River was born at home, 7 lbs, 8 oz. He looks exactly like his big brother did too!
25. mamiecole: Nov 4th, Grayson Cole, 9lbs 10ozs, 20 1/2 inches, healthy and beautiful and perfect, born in a week of miracles.
26. elisheva: Nov 4th, Mia, aka Max, 7 lbs 14 oz and 20.5 in., born at home in water.
27. kozlewski, aka Kelly: Nov 4th, Naomi Lynn, another girl born in water at home after a short labor.
28. mom2cash, aka Stephanie: Nov 5th, Delilah Juliet, 8 lbs. 13 oz., 20 in., arrived in 3 min. of pushing, less than an hour after the birth team did.
29. mcgee: Nov 6th, Extra! Extra! Read all about it! "Monster Baby Delivered in Bathtub!" Alexander William, 11 lbs. 6 oz., 22 inches long, with an almost 15 inch head circumference.
30. jkseawell, aka Kristina: Nov 6th, Xander Josiah, 8lb 4oz. at 42w2d, an unexpected and intense breech birth on the first morning of frost for the season.
31. freckledgirl: Successful VBAC at 38+5! (not sure of birthday, but it's a boy!)
32. ShwarmaQueen: Nov 7th, welcomed SchwarmaPrince at home, despite two trips to the hospital thrown in for excitement. Yay for a successful VBAC!
33. kristenb: Nov 7th, Samuel Robert, born after a super fast labor, five minutes after arrival at the birth center and came pretty close to being born on the interstate! 8 lbs, 2 oz.
34. ExuberantDaffodil, aka Kara: Nov 9th, Annabelle Soleil, 6 lbs. 4 oz., accidental UC, caught by her grandma.
35. lineymom: Nov 9th, Raeya McKenna, 9lb 10oz, 21 in. Asked for advice on what to do from the DDC, went for a walk, had a baby!
36. First-Time-Mommy: Nov 9th, Kaine Morris arrived at 5:36AM monday morning(11/9/09), was 5lbs 15 ounces & 16 inches long. He hates being unswaddled, breastfeeds and screams like a lil' pro.
37. Shell_Ell: Nov 10th, Oliver, 8 lb 7 oz, 20 in with a 37 cm (!!!) head, her friend's first catch as an apprentice midwife. Special, indeed.
38. rrs, aka Rebecca: Nov 10th, Holden Oliver arrived at 22:27, military time. 8lbs 2oz, 21.5", 14.25" head.
39. Mommy2Haley: Nov 10th, Abigail Jacklyn, 7lbs 14oz, 19.25 in., snuck up on her mom after an hour and fifteen minutes of labor and gave her the surprise of a homebirth!
40. cellist: Nov 11th, Ethan, 8 lbs 12 oz, 20.5 in., birth story to follow soon.
41. Daisie125. aka Dawn: Nov 11th, Clover Elaine, born on her recently deceased and beloved maternal grandma's birthday, 8lbs, 5oz & 19.5" long Her newborn longies barely fit.
42. seasiren: Nov 11th, Cooper Sangye arrived in the wee small hours, 8lbs 12ounces and 21 in. Birth story to come soon.
43. rose-roget, aka Jill: Nov 13th, Sylvia-Rose, 8lbs 11oz., born in an occiput transverse position despite efforts to rotate her, making mama glad she opted for an epidural. All is well.
44. starc: Nov 13th, Emmitt, 8lbs even; contractions started at 2:11 pm and he was born at 4:30 pm.
45. sunshinesally: Nov 14th, Glenn, who took so long to reveal his name, has finally revealed his face too! 8pound 7oz.
46. Inspired007: Nov 14th, Mathias, "Gift of God," 7 lbs, 10 oz, with a 34 cm head circumference, 21 inches long. I am in bliss and I am so happy to report that my tummy is almost flat again!! (How did that happen so fast? - kc)
47. mizelenius: Nov 15th
Name: Still working on it!
Time: 8:48 a.m.
Length: 20 inches
Weight: 7 lbs 5 oz
48. jenjenl18: Nov 15th, She's amazing....Less than 3hrs at the birth center and we were holding her. Amazing! 7lbs 5oz, 20 3/4 in
49. bec28: Nov 15th, Aidan, born after a short labor. Mama can't believe he's finally here!
50. juliacat: Nov 16th, juliakitten, born at 3:45 a.m., 7 and a half pounds, 21 inches long with her favorite midwife in attendance.
51. Krystal323: Nov 16th, Nikolas Dieter, 8lbs 1oz, 21 inches long, and was born on the new moon, on the exact day that DH predicted, and also on the birthday of DH's uncle Dieter, his middle namesake.
52. EvolvingMama: Nov 16th, Linnea Madaline May (see post #18 on this thread), born with an amazing and empowering c-section. Mama and baby went home a day early and Linnea is nursing like a champ!
53. Leewoss: Maddy, in the NICU, mama, papa, and baby can use all our good wishes, prayers, healing vibes, hugs, and whatever other good juju you can throw their way. Dec. 1 - keep the good vibes coming. Maddy is in the intermediate nursery, breastfeeding, and will hopefully be going home soon.
54. I (kcparker, keeper of the Birth Announcements thread) birthed the Sea Monkey, on the 19th, and from here on out, things are going to be out of order and updated sporadically as it is hard even to find time to go pee with a tandem nursing toddler and newborn...
55. brightonwoman, aka Jenni: B C Brighton aka "Eagle"
Born in the water into daddy's hands
on November 12, 2009 at 8:03am
8lbs even, 20.75inches long, 36cm (14.5in) head
56. november: She's here!! Piper Juliet was born Friday the 20th (DH and I's 5 year dating anniversary! ) at 11:53AM . 8lbs 6.1oz, 20.5 inches long and alert as can be!
57. Beppie: Dhanya Clare. She was 7 lb. 6 oz. , 21 inches long, born after only 16 minutes of active labor. Castor oil induction with hemmorhoids as the major distraction from contractions.
Name: Deirdre Agnes Jane Kenwell
Weight 7 pounds 9 ounces
Birthdate: November 21, 2009 3:33am
Length (can't remember LOL)
Type of birth: c-section
59. mommt2twobabes: Colton born into mama's hands in the water on his sister's birthday.
60. vegasgrl: Kadence Jospehine W**ker arrived at 4:36am Saturday November 21st, at 7lb 1oz and 19 1/2". She's absolutely adorable and I can't wait to just snuggle her!!! Vegasgrl, I remember your first ever post on MDC - it's been quite a wild ride, and the fun part is just about to begin. Congratulations, mama! KCParker
61. Lily's Mom: Oliver Hospital induction, homebirth. Very cool story!
62. strawberryfields08: Henry Dallas arrived at 12:40 am on Monday the 16th. He weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 20 1/2 in. long. Labor was wonderful! I had hoped and prayed all pregnancy to labor like I did with DD and push like I did with DS, and I did! It was the best of everything.
63. billiekengirl: Adam Christopher is here! He arrived Saturday night (11/21) at 9:25pm, not quite 18 hours from the very first contraction. Born on the guest room floor with the help of my fantastic midwives and with incredible labor support from his daddy.
64. ruemomma: Mae Loraine, Nov. 17th At 10:37. She weighed exactly 8 pounds and 19 3/4 inches. Her birth was as different from my ohter two as can be and that was a good thing. 1hour 45 minutes total of labor and pushing , so fast it was completely natural.
65. new2texas: Aven was born last night, at home in the water. She weighs an incredible 9 pounds 11 ounces and was born sunny side up.
66. crunchy_mama: Ava, home waterbirth.
She came out very alert and screamed and cried for the first 2 hrs after she was born, she was very ticked off we woke her from her nap!
67. kalishanti: Zion Merciful, Nov 22nd. 7 pounds 11 ounces and 19 inches long at birth. sweet and kissable with lots of wavy brown hair.
68. Sleepyheaded_Mama: Brenan Oliver, Nov 20th. Born by cesarean, but mama got to see her gooey wet perfect baby on a huge flat screen tv mounted to the left above her!! She got to see everything about him and everything they did to him crystal-clear and larger-than-life in real-time!! He weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces and was 20 inches long.
69. Sonneva: Tzvi Alexander Ijji. Born at 5:09am Nov 30th after a quick 1.5 hours of labour. 7lbs 8oz, 20" long. He was born in the water, my midwife just made it!
70.sebarnes: Our Eamon Jasper Niall arrived at home, in the water, last night (11/29) at around 8:40something PM. He was 40weeks 1day, 8 pounds even and 20 inches long.
71. Siennaflower: Hannah Noel, Nov 11th, 6 lb even and 20 inches long. She's a little peanut and we are just in love and lucky enough to have a wonderful, doting dh/papa who takes good care of everyone!
72. penguintattoo: Lennon Elizabeth, Nov 27th. 8lbs 15oz, 22 inches long!!
73. akind1, aka Katrina: Gabriel Lucas Nov 20th, 41+5, 6 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long at birth.
74. BeckyBird: Arianna Marie, born on her hoped-for due date of 11/22/09, 8lb 6oz. Walked through contractions at Walmart, born in water after an hour at the birth center.
75. Youngfrankenstein: Julia Penelope, a successful homebirth, more details to follow.
76. Jess152: Avery Edgar...9lbs 2oz homebirth, AND a VBAC!! Hooray!
77. Mom2M: Maia Vaishali, incredibly wonderful VBA2C, with a fantastic, responsive team of doctors!
78. bluebunny: Baby Girl born 3:40 a.m. on her due date -- November 26, 7 lbs 15 ounces (my biggest baby!), 20 inches
79. greenthumb3: Our little girl, Nov 27th, born in our bedroom at 8:42 a.m. She weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. My midwife and husband attended me in labor, and the kids all sat and watched TV in the livingroom while she was being born.
80. JohannaInDairyland: Liam Freeman, Nov 25th, 9 lbs 3 oz, 21.5 inches long. Bradley Baby, he came out with a full head of curly hair, just like Daddy.
81. jaclyn7: Kiefer arrived after just under 3 hours of labour and 20 minutes of pushing. Weighing in at 8 lbs. and 6 oz., he was born at home on November 26th at 1:49 am with an original due date of November 16th. (post #21)
82. notjustmamie: Our beautiful baby boy, Nov 22nd, by emergency c/s after 4½ days of labor. I didn't get the homebirth I wanted, but found the experience empowering in a way I never would have imagined. (post #23)
83. jess5377: Ada, Nov 29th, homebirth to hospital transfer, but it turned out splendidly!
84. perditafoster: Fiona Frances, Dec 2nd, eleven days late, but a little peanut at 6 lbs, 11 oz. Glorious 3rd VBAC, unassisted homebirth caught by her papa.
85. shakenbake: Kayleigh Marie, Dec 3rd, the long-awaited baby, arrived in her own time, on her own terms, naturally and without incident after her mama fended off many intervention-happy doctors.
86. mariacm: Nicholas Michael, Nov 19th, born after 42 hours of total labor, 28 hours of active labor, and 1 hr 45 min of pushing, and 35 min of crowning (ouch!).
87. likemorning: little boy, Nov 5th, born at home in the family bed, after 32 amazing hours of labor. Mama is in awe of it all! (post #24)
88. ThisLove: Ari Josiah, Nov 7th, 7 lbs, 14 oz., 21", unmedicated hospital birth with a wonderfully supportive husband and birthing partner.
89. beebalmmama: Jude Avery, Dec 3rd. Born at home in the water, 8 lbs, 21 inches long.
90.athenalove46: James, unintentional UC after a short, intense labor. 8lbs 7oz and is 22 inches long.
91. HeatherRD: James, Oct 17th, born a month early after mama developed HELLP syndrome. You can read their whole journey on her blog.
92. TreysMama: Zander, Nov. 30th. Mama called him a "little guy," but he came planetside weighing 10 lbs 10 oz and was 22 in long. He went straight into 0-3 month clothes.
93. Sara268: Anniston Claire, Dec 4th, arrived in her own good time one day shy of 43 weeks, 7lbs 12ozs and 20 1/2in. Mama is in LOVE!
94. stilllearning85: Fia, Dec 4th, born at home. Mama was vocalizing and Grandpa thought it was Elvis (the outdoor dog), freezing outside and howling to come in! Another mama, totally in love with her babe.
95. dillNY: Grayson Marshall, Dec 3rd, 9lbs. 6 oz and 21.75 in long. We delivered at a hospital with midwives, 13 days late, but we avoided induction and most other interventions.
96. charleysmama23: Matthew, Nov 24th, 9 lbs, 1 oz, 21 inches long. A gift from God and a great birth too!
97. ladyleah: Evan Robert, Dec 9th. 7lbs, 4oz, and 20 inches long, a completely medication free, IV/Hep lock free first time birth- and I am proud of that, and I can tell you that my DH was the reason behind it....he was amazing! Who knew he was a doula in disguise!!!!
98. jilly: Emma Claire, Nov 29th, in the middle of the Grey Cup. 8 lbs and around 20 inches.
99. Tattooed_Hand: Rassa June, Dec 9th, homebirth, lovely detailed birth story.
Started to hemmorhage on Monday (October 12th) at 1:30 am. Called the ambulance and luckily I was stable enough to go to the hospital with the NICU 30 minutes away verses our local one without the NICU 5 minutes away.
Got there, after the driver had to slam on the brakes due to a deer running across the interstate.. lol. I had enough wit about me to grab the EMT that was back helping monitor and run an IV line. Bleeding was starting to slow so they moved me into Labor and Delivery recovery to monitor me. Cervix was closed and no contractions. I had my first experience with a bed pan... let me just suggest they make larger ones for preggo women!!! I was stable with minimal bleeding so they transitioned me into a labor and delivery room at 8:00 am and said my doctor would come in at noon for an evaluation and recommendation for care. Apparently my body didn't agree with this course of action because at 8:15 am I started to hemmorhage again and this time it was massive and not stopping. The team rushed to get things ready and I was in the OR at 8:23 am. I remember saying "I want to have another one" as they were wheeling me away. Got the epidural, brought hubby back in and at 8:34 am my little man was born. I don't know if it was due to the blood loss or the fact that I about passed out with the epidural (and wanted to vomit) but I was almost completely out of it. I don't know how long it was before I heard him cry but it seemed like 5 minutes. I remember telling my husband "he's not crying, I want to hear him cry". I could hear them suctioning him and then some faint whines but not the screams you see on A Baby's Story. I was worried, happy, exhausted and felt like I was just going to fall asleep and not wake up all at the same time. That was, until they placed that adorable bundled peanut in my husband's arms and rested on my chest. I smiled and said, "Hello sunshine, I love you". Then they whisked him away and started to patch me up. I remember telling my husband that I smelled coffee. Then the aroma grew stronger and less like coffee. Found out the were cauterizing (sp?) me... ewwwwww burning flesh = coffee.... ???? I then told my husband and the doctor "I don't want to have another one". Found out his initial APGAR score was 2/10 then after they revived him it was 9/10. He was born at exactly 35 weeks (which my husband and I joked was our goal since I had had 2 previous hospitalizations for bleeding at 30 and 33 weeks). He was born a day before what would've been my sister's 40th birthday. He weighed 6 lbs 1 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. He has a full head of blondish/brown hair. Shortly after going to the nursery they did a heel stick for blood sugar and his was very low... 20 and 40 is the minimum and they really like it to be 60. They sent him to the NICU for IV. He was a hard stick and ended up pulling the IV out of his belly button and eventually kicking it off his left foot. Feisty little thing! Anyways, after months of debating JD names we decided he didn't look like any we had talked about and looked like his Daddy. We named him Emory after Daddy and Branham after my maiden name. Daddy and little Em are currently at UVA hospital and he is awaiting a surgery date to repair a diaphramatic hernia. It is hard to be away from this little one I have waited so long for but I have to stay home and recouperate from my c-section surgery. We had lots of interventions along the way due to my 2 vessel cord dx and my complete placenta previa. I really feel as though it was a blessing because the day after he was born the follow up ultrasound my doc ordered to check his kidneys detected the lung problems and thus the hernia. He is truly my miracle baby from years of miscarriage and infertility issues to his premie and medical issues now. Here are some links to little Emory...
the first pic http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=878730496
Hi November DDC... I just wanted to share my birth story and some pics...
Your pics aren't working. I want to see your little peanut.
Wife to (08/03), Mom to (10/05) and (11/09).
Hi There Just an update..."Dekaylee" was born on Oct 29th (not the 26th like it says above). We are doing well, even got released from the hosp. a day early because I am healing so well!
Momma to DD (12/04) and DS (11/09) .
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!
It was the best possible c-section, with the most mother-aware and supportive OB (a man!) and his wife, also his practice partner, delivering my daughter...We all hoped I would just show up at the hospital at 8 cm and push her out, having proven to the hospital administrators that my uterus wouldn't rupture, but it didn't happen that way and my doctor was still amazing and empowering. And now it's literally the next day, we're back home 2 hours from thehospital in our little town, warm cozy house, and I'm so puffy I could puke, but LOVING this girl!
~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)