Have you/will you do belly henna, a bellycast or belly photos this time? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What have you done/will you do for this pregnancy?
henna on my belly 3 27.27%
bellycast 1 9.09%
belly photos 4 36.36%
none of the above 2 18.18%
other 0 0%
I hadn't planned anything but now I'm thinking I should make some plans...really FAST plans! 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-20-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The title says it...

I did henna last time and loved it, so I'm doing it again. I am just doing it with some friends--nothing professional. I ordered the "expecting kit" from henna caravan and hopefully we'll have a lot of fun. It's supposed to be enough henna to do my belly plus a dozen or more other smaller designs.
Last time I was having a hospital birth, and the week after I got my henna done I was at the OB for my regular appt and when I pulled up my shirt for him to do the doppler/measuring he got the weirdest look and asked what was on my belly. Clearly he had never seen henna before

I've thought bellycasting would be fun, except that then I have no idea what I'd do with the big plaster belly...so I suspect I'll always just stick with henna.

ETA, I forgot to mention belly photos...I've never had those done (not professional ones at least) and I think they'd be fun but I just have never gotten around to it.

I meant to make the poll multiple choice but I think I forgot. i'm going to try to edit it but if I can't then just leave your answer in a post.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#2 of 4 Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 PM

I'm attempting belly casting on Sunday. I will for sure let you know how it goes. I actually look really cute pregnant, but I shied away from belly photos cuz I notoriously hate my belly.

We're making two casts: one of just my belly to eventually be turned into a bronze bowl when I have an extra crapload of money to spend (http://www.mamasbelly.com/galleries/edges/index.html), and another of my boobs and belly to be collaged upon as my young'un and I make memories together.

Should be a trip.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#3 of 4 Old 10-20-2009, 09:58 PM

I ain't doin' nothin' this time!!!! With dd #1 I did the "take a picture of me every week" thing. With dd #2, I did a belly cast. With ds, I had 3D ultrasound pics taken. With this baby....hmmmm, let me think, oh, that's right, NOTHING!!!! I've got a few pics of me, looking giant, with one of my other children, but nothing nice. I will most assuredly do a baby book for her and keep it updated, just like I did with the other three, but unfortunately, I have lost the ability to do anything extra!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#4 of 4 Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM

I did a belly cast at my blessingway. I figured it was my last pregnancy, might as well. I have very few belly photos or anything like that with this one, it's just been too busy. So that was my special pregnancy thing, I guess.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page