I'm just fine staying pregnant for now - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by First-Time-Mommy View Post
i don't feel mentally prepared or ready, so each day i'm just pretending i'm not pregnant at all
This was the easier method when he wasn't a little moose. But now it's hard to forget he's there!

I think for me, I've just been so incredibly busy that I haven't had any time to focus on being pregnant, or maybe I have been 'forgetting' to a small extent. With working, DD's social calendar (is Oct the month for birthday parties?), DD's soccer practices/games, DH's health problems and doc's appts, remodeling the master bath, etc. it's been hectic.

This next week my relaxed, non-working schedule consists of:

Mon- haircut and pedicure (it's been 2 years on the Pedi part )
Tues- Library storytime/puppetshow and soccer practice
Wed- Zoo
Thurs- Nothing! (so probably just nesting)
Fri- Baking cookies & DD's preschool party
Sat- soccer game, Fall festival, and MW appt
Sun- Family maternity photos (or maybe newborn...)

Yay to having not much to do!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#32 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 11:30 AM

I am SOOO not ready! I am waiting for dipes to come in the mail, I have almost no meals in the freezer done ahead, the basinette needs to be put back together as well as the swing and vibrating seat... my shower was yesterday and I am trying to do all the laundry. I should not be online all day like I am.

DH always motivates me when he is home- we sorta cheer each other on to get stuff done, but he is working SO much right now, when he gets home he plays with DD and then we go to sleep. Poor guy. I am done with work so I shoudl use this time to get some stuff done!

I held my cousin's son (he is 5 months old) and that really got me psyched for this baby! He was so funny and cute. I guess emotionally and physically I am ready- it's just the house that isn't.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#33 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 12:26 PM

I am so not ready for this LO to arrive yet. I'm content hanging around until 40 or even 42 weeks.

We just started painting our bedroom and getting other things done in our apartment that it actually looks worse than better. If it weren't for my belly and for the gifts that are in the living room and dining room, you would have no clue that a little one will be here soon enough.

I'm trying to buy some time here. I will not be taking the evening primrose oil caplets for the next couple of days. I think that it actually is working to soften up my cervix that I feel great pressure every time I take them. Last night I felt so much pressure that I was a bit miserable. I even asked DH to apply the wrong ceiling paint to our room. Since he's working today, now I'll have to reprime the ceiling and apply the correct one - GEEZ!!! How's that for one step forward and two steps back? LOL

Once we've painted our bedroom we can move on to LO's bedroom and closet. I think at that point I will feel ready. I'm still working full time so it's difficult to get a lot of stuff done after a full day of work. I have to decide until when I 'll stay at work.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the same boat though.

MC #1: 12/05; MC #2: 1/09 Mama to our first that arrived 11/2/09
#34 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 06:31 PM

I am posting from the library, with my family doing who knows what all this afternoon, just trying to stay awake so I can finish the research phase of my literature review paper. I have the right number of sources but they are all from the 1990's and I think I probably need some more recent ones and some historical ones. The minute I'm done with the literature review, I have to do the journal assignment, then the methodology assignment. Meanwhile, for my other class I have to record a podcast, something I have no idea how to do, and I have to find a time to meet in person with my group and professor that doesn't coincide with my due date. And ladies, I feel like I'm getting close. No contractions, just a feeling. I'm trying to decide if I should install the baby's car seat this week or if I should wait until next week since I plan on taking my nephews to church Sunday and there won't be room for everyone with the carseat unless the 10 year old sits in front. Also, the pack 'n play sheet somehow mysteriously got dirty, so I need to wash it again. And I need to build the bed!!!! And....Oh yeah, I'm posting from the library where I'm supposed to be researching my paper.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#35 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 08:40 PM

Well I'm staying pg for now...35 weeks, no contractions at all, not even BH. I feel pretty good at the moment, my fatigue seems to have passed and my only complaints are an off and on pain in my right hip from sleeping on it and swollen feet. NST's are going fine, I have an U/S tomorrow to check on baby since I'm dealing with GD. Hoping for continued good news on her.

As far as being prepared for her, we're about as ready as we're going to be. We got a bouncy seat and bath tub off of Craigslist in near perfect condition and that completed our list of needs/wants for her. Diapers are prepped, clothes are washed and in the dresser, my hospital bag is packed. I'm giving the house a good deep cleaning this next week and making a shopping list for crock pot type meals to get us through those first couple weeks after delivery.
#36 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 PM

I can't believe I only have a week till I'm due but the closer it comes, the less I'm ready! Except that I'm so uncomfortable and everything hurts. This past week it feels like I'm about to pop so in that sense I'm ready.
But this will definitely be my last pregnancy (DH got a V) so I'm kind of sad it will be over so soon too!
Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#37 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 11:29 PM

I'm 2 weeks out and feeling really good. I hope this baby stays to term (I'd even venture, at this time,to say that I wouldn't mind if she went past due!). Since she turned to anterior, I don't feel as much back pain as I did before, so I'm a lot more comfortable. And frankly, this is the easy part...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page