I'm just fine staying pregnant for now - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There are lots of threads about wanting, wishing, hoping, and dreaming of labor OR impending labor posts/threads, but I'm not feeling that!

Anybody else want to stay pregnant for a while?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#2 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, my midwife is out of town until Tuesday and her back up is competent but lacking in bedside manner...so I'm fine staying pregnant for now, too The longest I've ever been preg was 38 weeks and 6 days (I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow) so I'd be interested to see what it's like to be preg longer. That said, babe seems to have had a growth spurt and, in spite of my lengthy torso, it is now the most uncomfortable I've ever been while pregnant.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#3 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Anybody else want to stay pregnant for a while?
Yes! Just until I finish my sewing, and stock the freezer with food. Then baby can come any time he/she wants! Plus, I'm only 35 weeks, and always measure 2 weeks behind, so maybe I'm more like 33 weeks. Baby needs to cook at least 3 or 4 more weeks.

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#4 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 01:53 PM

I'm hoping for another 6 weeks, myself. I'm due on Thanksgiving, but I'd really rather wait until December. If baby decides to come early, I don't think we'll be ready. I mean, I know babies don't really need much, but I'm not emotionally or environmentally prepared to have this baby on the outside yet. I want to get the house cleaned up and feel, well, done with the preparations.

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#5 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post
I want to get the house cleaned up and feel, well, done with the preparations.
That sums it up for me. Now that I'm done working (Yay! ) I need at least 1-2 weeks to get everything done and rest and prepare myself mentally.

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#6 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 02:12 PM

Yes. I want the baby to bake at least 40 weeks, so I am happy to stay pregnant for another month +.

Although, I have to say, riding my bike, especially in the rain, isn't that comfortable. My rain pants were bought to fit over an my jeans/work pants, but they weren't meant to accomodate a pregnant belly and apparently larger caboose. They are really tight around my lower abdomen, and to add insult to injury, I split them yesterday when I bent down to pet the dog. Thank goodness for duct tape.

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#7 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 02:12 PM

I am feeling fairly zen about it now. I will be 37 weeks Sunday and really will not be *ready* until 38 weeks at least. I haven't even ordered the few items I need for the birth yet, or done my GBS test. 37 weeks still seems way too early to me, 38 weeks seems like the big cutoff though, although if the baby needs to take longer I hope I stay patient. Both of my others came early on their own 38.3 and 39.2, so I do anticipate being somewhat early.

I guess it depends on your body as well. As I said mine came *early* with absolutely no type of encouragement- I have never used any kind of induction, natural or otherwise. Both babies did wonderfully and were good size- 8#10 and 7#7- great labors etc. However, I know some people bake their babies longer.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#8 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 02:14 PM

My new thing is I want all of you ladies who want these super-early babies to HAVE THEM!!!!!!! Weight the average at 38 weeks, so I can have my 42 weeker and we'll all come out averaging 40 weeks like we're supposed to.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#9 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 02:17 PM

I'm 38 weeks and there is no way I am ready to have a baby now! I hope I stay pregnant until 40 weeks so I can get everything done that I need to get done. This weekend I will be busy. But, I am also still feeling really good, so that helps. If I was having a rough time now I would probably feel different.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#10 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcparker View Post
Thank goodness for duct tape.
A new use! As if I could love it any more!

#11 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Oh, I can wait. Things are progressing, yes, but there is still plenty of time. I just hope I don't cave in into being induced.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#12 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 02:39 PM

I am with you! I am not in a hurry for my baby to come yet. I am 37 weeks and I have so much to do still! I still need to "spring" clean the house, get all my meals cooked and do lots of laundr plus a ton of other things. I need to do so much it seems.

I am very happy though that in the last month my 3yr old ds gave up his bottle, the pacifier "fairy" came and took my ds and dd pacifiers(they did it on their own I was shocked) and that they got twin beds and are now sharing a room and mostly sleeping through the night! That is so huge for us! I am so proud of my ds and dd! Now I just need to get dd to go to sleep without be laying with her. She will scream if dh tries.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

#13 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 03:42 PM

YES!! I think others are more anxious for me to have this baby that I am. Oh, the looks I get when I actually say to people that am in no hurry for Baby to come.
#14 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 04:10 PM

I sincerely wish I felt that way! LOL. My house is pretty spotless (thank you, nesting!), the nursery is finally done.....and I just feel READY.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#15 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Yes!! We are moving next Friday and I want at least a week or two to settle before having our homebirth there. I have gone past 40 weeks with the first two, and this might be my last baby...I want to stay pg a little longer.
#16 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
rrs

Yep, 38w1d and happy to stay pregnant.

I've got midterms this week and next, and Carter's birthday party next weekend, and his real birthday on the 6th.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

#17 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 04:38 PM

I'm 38 weeks. Physically, I'm over it; I'm achy, have a hard time getting around, and am tired of feeling this way. I keep cleaning my house and it keeps getting messed up. I'm running out of energy to keep it nearly spotless. And my hubby doesn't want to help out with any housework because he's been putting in overtime at work, which means if I want the house clean, I have to do it. And since I am planning a homebirth, I want my house clean. The more I clean, the more tired I get. The paradox is killing me.

Emotionally, I am not entirely sure I am ready yet. Maybe in two weeks, I will feel internally ready to have this baby.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#18 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil View Post
The more I clean, the more tired I get. The paradox is killing me.

I spoke to my doula and she promised to help me tidy up/clean anything that needs it while I'm in labor so I do feel better at least knowing that if the sink is full of dirty dishes/blocks are all over the living room/laundry hasn't gone down to the machine yet/etc. when labor hits, someone will take care of them and I won't have to deal with them after the baby's born. My DH is very helpful, but he tends to go into the zone when I give birth - he does take orders nicely, though

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#19 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM

I'm somewhere in between. I told myself that this time, I was going to be too busy to care. I figured it would zip by and labor would sneak up on me. But, I'm now just over 37 weeks and all of a sudden it's been hitting me like a ton of bricks... I'm really starting to take it all in. I'm amazed at what just a week or two has done for me, mentally. So I'm hoping to take some time this next week or so just to meditate and really get into that zone. Then I'll be ready.
#20 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 06:11 PM

I'm only 35 weeks, so no not ready here. I won't have my home visit with my midwife until 37 weeks.....maybe after that I'll feel ready. I've been exhausted these last weeks and so I just might be ready 38 weeks, I don't think I'll get anything else done. But then ds 1 was 40 weeks and 5 days, so I doubt baby will come before 40 weeks.
#21 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 PM

yeah....put me on the i can wait list. i've finally wrapped everything up at work so that feels good. but the home front is still....ehhhh. i'd be up for feeling a little more organized or something.
although i am only 38 weeks. talk to me when i'm pushing 40 and i may just be ready for the baby to decide its time.

2004 2009
#22 of 37 Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 PM

I am more than happy to stay pregnant for another couple of weeks at least.
I still feel like I am not ready and I am discovering things by the day like my bassinet that I can't find and a part to my car seat that I need

I would like to finish up with cleaning and maybe get some meals in my freezer.

Baby stay put where you are for now!!!!!!!!!!

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#23 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 10:41 AM

I am somewhere in between, too. Ready to be done, physically, but emotionally would like more time to get things ready and maybe even feel like I can "just relax" for a little after doing all the house-prep and stuff. Problem is, after work, I'm DONE for the day, most days!

ALSO, I signed up for a two day conference next Monday and Tuesday that I need to go to; I need the CEUs for my social work certification and now I'm on the line for the $$ paid for the conference, unless I finish the conference (and then the agency will pay me back about 1/2 of it)!!

Eh, I'll be pregnant until 41+ weeks, I bet.

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#24 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post
Eh, I'll be pregnant until 41+ weeks, I bet.
I think I will be too. For now, I'm ok with that.

#25 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 11:04 AM

This baby can stay in there as long as it wants! I have way too much school work to accomplish to get it done in 3 weeks.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#26 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Banned

The only reason I want it to be over now is because there are just so many unknowns about what's happening for the delivery, and this is causing me so mch stress.
#27 of 37 Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 PM

i'm not ready, and want to continue being pregnant until i am. i have everything necessary for babies arrival but i'm still struggling with my birth plan a great deal; i just can't be content with what experience i'm wanting, er. plus i'm sort of going through a 'phase' type thing where... i don't feel mentally prepared or ready, so each day i'm just pretending i'm not pregnant at all . - i'm just fine staying pregnant, he can stay put until the day i say, "okay, you can come out now". wish we had a button to press rather than it happening whenever it happens.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#28 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 01:19 AM

Well on one hand I really want to have her now! I'm tired, sore, and getting to the uggg stage and I'm SO anxious to see her, but on the other hand I want her to coem when she's ready. So I don't know.
I guess that's a tough question and depending on the day or even the time of day my answer may differ....right now I'm having contractions (and the first really ouchy ones) and am running on next to no sleep (grrr...to insomnia) and the wonderful tasting meat lovers, garlic basted, cheese stuffed crust pizza we had for dinner is seriously biting me back right now (ugg and grr to heartburn!)
So I'm on the fence with my decision! :-)

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#29 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny_zoo29 View Post
Well on one hand I really want to have her now! I'm tired, sore, and getting to the uggg stage and I'm SO anxious to see her, but on the other hand I want her to coem when she's ready. So I don't know.
This! I am 39 weeks and ready to meet her, but at the same time, my mom doesn't fly in until Wed so I'm hoping she'll wait until after that.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#30 of 37 Old 10-25-2009, 02:58 AM

I am ready. Bring it on! I have one day left on Tuesday to work in my office, but if it happens that is great if it doesn't the world will not fall apart. I am tired of eating and being hungry all the time and have worked through the emotions constantly for two weeks.
Still he will come when he wants to, so far he has had perfect timing and I trust he still will. Being that I am 38wks and 1 day the odds are I will be doing this for another few weeks.. But yeah, I am very ready!!!!

Self employed 37 year old lady.gifMother of one 4 year old super herosuperhero.gifand wife to a lovely DH malesling.GIF who is my hero. Its been a long run but I am pregnant with #21sttri.gif due 10/10/14. goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.gifHere we go again....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page