I feel bad but I'm just so crabby/snappy lately - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While I feel OK waiting for this baby to come whenever, sometime in the next 2+ weeks, I just have NO patience for anything else. And I feel really bad about it. I'm just so crabby to my little kids and my patience is out the window. I try not to be moody with them... please tell me this will pass! How can I be extra loving, attentive, even when they are pushing my buttons?

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#2 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 AM

Soooo understand. I hate feeling impatient with my little one. So frustrated with myself....
#3 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 11:30 AM

I'm right there with you. It can be really hard.

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :
#4 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 11:37 AM

I hear you! I'm also having a hard time being patient with my DD and Hubby. Everything they do seems to push my buttons.

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
#5 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 11:37 AM

No advice, just comisseration. I'm yelling waaay more than usual at DD.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#6 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 12:16 PM

I was feeling like that again a few weeks ago, but less so in the past week or so. Dd is due in a week, so maybe there was another hormone shift, or maybe I kicked myself into gear to prepare more, so I'm not so stressed. Dunno, but I completely understand, and i'm sorry.
#7 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 PM

I have been crabby too- especially with our dogs. They are making me NUTS. They are doing the same things they always do- begging for food, trying to lay on me, getting underfoot, etc, but it is bothering me so much more right now. I hate to say this and I would never do it, but I would be fine if they went to live somewhere else for a while. My poor little dog has been completely neglected. I just push her off me when she tries to cuddle. I don't even pet her anymore. I am just too irked.

DD is currently being babysat by the TV. I feel too crappy to do anything with her. But, between Sid the Science Kid and Elmo, I am ready to tweak. I want to punch both of them in the nose. Especially Elmo who talks in the third person. I didn't even want DD to know who these characters were!!!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#8 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 12:58 PM

to everyone! I'm, unfortunately, right there with you ladies. I'm impatient and short-tempered with my DH, my sweet DS, my dog, my cats...

Mama guilt is the worst feeling.
#9 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Same here. At least it is only temporary!

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#10 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 01:18 PM

Cranky? Who, me?

My poor husband and kids! They just can't seem to do anything the way I want!
I am impossible, and I know it.

I get ya.

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#11 of 26 Old 10-30-2009, 06:28 PM

My parenting has taken a turn for the worse...my kids have turned the living room into Romper room...they've taken all the couch cushions off the couch and are doing flips and such. I have my back to them as I type. What I can't see can't hurt, right? DS is wearing a saggy baggy diaper that should have been changed an hour ago, but he doesn't care so I don't care! The cover is the only thing keeping it up! For snack I just fed them a bowl of ice cream and let them pick out some candy from the Halloween bag. Wheeeeeeeeeee I rock!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#12 of 26 Old 10-31-2009, 05:04 AM
Banned

You mean this discomfort isn't bringing out the best in us right now? Just step away and go to another room for a few minutes when you feel snappy. You'll calm down.
#13 of 26 Old 10-31-2009, 11:25 AM

My poor DH. I have been biting his head off. He is only trying to help- he kept telling me over the phone to call his mom to come get DD so I could sleep off this stupid cold. He bugged me and bugged me and finally I told him to JUST STOP BUGGING ME! Then we hung up and he called back 10 min later and said his mom was coming to get DD (he called her). So of course I was livid because now I had to pick up the house, pack her bag, find her disposable diapers (we send her to MILs with sposies but use strictly cloth at home)...

His persistance bugs me even though he is only trying to help.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#14 of 26 Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle C. View Post
You mean this discomfort isn't bringing out the best in us right now? Just step away and go to another room for a few minutes when you feel snappy. You'll calm down.

hehe, that works for me, too. Showering alone while I scrub and complain out loud all I want helps, I emerge much calmer and the alone time helps a lot to keep my sanity.

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#15 of 26 Old 10-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I am so irritated with my husband and his laundry. Ok, our dirty clothes basket is in the bedroom closet. When he takes off his dirty clothes, all he has to do is toss them into the basket. But no, that is too hard I guess. SO all the clothes are shed right there in the floor. I mean, come ON! He is going to have a rude awakening when the baby is new, and I won't be cleaning up after him for the first few weeks!

But, he does the dishes, so I complain quietly to myself about the laundry....and of course, I can vent here too!

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#16 of 26 Old 10-31-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post
I am so irritated with my husband and his laundry. Ok, our dirty clothes basket is in the bedroom closet. When he takes off his dirty clothes, all he has to do is toss them into the basket. But no, that is too hard I guess. SO all the clothes are shed right there in the floor. I mean, come ON! He is going to have a rude awakening when the baby is new, and I won't be cleaning up after him for the first few weeks!

But, he does the dishes, so I complain quietly to myself about the laundry....and of course, I can vent here too!
Well, MY husband not only throws his clothes on the floor, but then questions why he has no clean work clothes, even though I TOLD him I would not wash anything that was not in the hamper. And, if he ever bothered to put the clothes away that I wash, dry, fold, and organize into baskets, he would know that he DOES have work clothes and socks.

Do you believe, if socks are not sitting right in front of him, he goes out and buys more? Because he thinks he has none. Um... where does he think they go??

#17 of 26 Old 10-31-2009, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
But, between Sid the Science Kid and Elmo, I am ready to tweak. I want to punch both of them in the nose. Especially Elmo who talks in the third person.
Thanks for making me laugh!!!!

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#18 of 26 Old 10-31-2009, 07:58 PM

Sorry to chime in with no advice- and just lots of head nodding...

I have been feeling like a HUGE B!TCH the last week (I am 36 weeks and 1 day)....and my DH and dog are suffering.

Honestly, most of the time my DH hasn't done a thing wrong, I am just irritated, and he is the closest person to receive my wrath...lololol

The dog has been whining non-stop-- which is normal for a rainy day-- but today I explained to her, quietly, that if she didn't stop whining I was going to wring her little doggie neck. (PS- she is an adorable, sweet, 10lb. Bichon Frise...who wouldn't hurt a flea!)

Then, of course, I started crying because I was so nasty to the dog (although, she obviously couldn't understand a word I said...LOLOLOL)- and then started lamenting that I was clearly going to be a horrible mother if I spoke to my dog this way!!!

Hormones, gotta love em.
#19 of 26 Old 11-01-2009, 01:50 PM

VENT: So I run to the store this a.m. for a few items (eggs, milk, etc) and it turns into a basket full- I figured I was already there, why go back later for another trip. I get to the checkout and there's 1, yes 1, checkout lane open and 5 people with full baskets waiting in line to checkout. They also had the self checkouts so I decided it would be faster for me to do it myself then to wait in that line. The piece-of-poop machine sucked and kept telling me to place the item in the bagging area (after I had) and kept having the attendent to come over and enter her pw. This happened like 6 or 7 times, meanwhile the other line was gone and there were now like 3 more checkstands open. I was so pissed! I seriously wanted to drive my car over that self-checkout!!!! I felt totally insane at that moment!

To make matters worse, I get home from this 15 min turned 1 hr excursion and bring in the groceries, all by myself. DH waits until I shut the back door then strolls in like he didn't hear me grunting and panting with all the bags.

He doesn't offer to help put them up or anything, just stands there will a smirk on his face while I describe my ordeal at the grocery store checkout.

Then I ask him to make the eggs, he acts like he can't hear me. So he grabs a donut (THAT I JUST BOUGHT) and walks out.

So I put on the eggs and DD is begging me to help her put on her Ariel movie we just rented (she gets one rental/wk). I tell her to ask her dad so I can make eggs. She asks him, supposedly he tries to put it on but it doesn't work, so she comes crying into the kitchen to me! I cannot believe he is not helping me at all at this point! So, I leave the eggs cooking, go help her, and by the time I get back the eggs are BURNT.

That's been my morning so far!!!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#20 of 26 Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM

Oh, Shwarma, I feel your pain. I HATE those stupid self-checkouts. And they hate me. I bring canvas bags and the dang machine yells at me to remove all items from the bagging area (the bag I brought, after I ring it in for my bag credit). It never fails.

AND, my DH never helps me bring bags in. His excuse: "well, why didn't you ask me?" BECAUSE I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!! or he says "oh, I thought you only had one bag."

OK, my turn again: My MIL is driving me CRAZY. So is my mother. My MIL will call the house phone when we are trying to get a nap in. My DD is very resistant to naps. I should really shut the ringer off. If I don't answer, she calls again. Then she calls my cell phone. Then she calls the house again, then she calls DH who calls me to let me know she is trying to check in with me. I didn't answer the phone for a reason!!

My mother... I talk to her daily and do the ol' countdown. "12 days till the baby comes! 11 days till my induction!" So this morning she called and said "OMG, did you realize you are having the baby in only 9 days???" She is sooo self-absorbed, I could tell her I already HAD the baby and she would be so caught up in other things that she wouldn't even hear me.

#21 of 26 Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM

I'm actually feeling more irritated since I opened this thread, as it seems like being irritated isn't a labor sign.

I hate everything right now.
#22 of 26 Old 11-01-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoof21 View Post

#23 of 26 Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post
I am so irritated with my husband and his laundry. Ok, our dirty clothes basket is in the bedroom closet. When he takes off his dirty clothes, all he has to do is toss them into the basket. But no, that is too hard I guess. SO all the clothes are shed right there in the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
Well, MY husband not only throws his clothes on the floor, but then questions why he has no clean work clothes, even though I TOLD him I would not wash anything that was not in the hamper.
Allow me to one-up you both here and actually contribute something that's not sad or depressing for once. Unless this is sad and depressing...

Last night my dearest, sweetest, intelligent man (I'm using some of those words loosely in regards to this) took his work shirt off and...rather than throwing it on the floor...or in the hamper...threw it on top of the baker's rack we have in our bedroom*.

*Yes, it's in our bedroom. Great place to keep papers and such organized.
#24 of 26 Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoof21 View Post
One day we won't be pregnant or nursing and can once again have a bottle or two of wine.
#25 of 26 Old 11-02-2009, 04:55 AM

So looking forward to the wine!
#26 of 26 Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 PM

OK, beat this one ladies: I believe I am in labor. DH was wonderful enough to go get the car across the parking lot and pull it up to our townhouse so I didn't have to walk so far. He then SAT IN THE CAR while I loaded the dogs and the bags into the car.

THEN, in the triage unit, they had me put on a hospital gown and he said, quite loudly "Oh- sexy! Just like on our wedding night!"

OK, it is true, I did go into victoria's secret before our wedding, held a nightie up to the clerk, and asked if it comes in flannel. it did not.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page