Hey bead swap mamas... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-01-2009, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FIVE out of the twenty-one of us had October babies. That's nutso! And doesn't even include what's going on this Hallow's Eve!

I have a bunch of posters for my birth space, and one of them is a poster of all the good wishes where I'm keeping track of all your babies. My rosary/necklace turned out beautifully (haven't gotten pics of it yet ) and I really can't thank all of you enough. Best wishes!

(P.S. My doula thought my rosary/necklace was so cool, she's started doing them in her BFW class. We've inspired countless others!)

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#2 of 9 Old 11-01-2009, 02:33 PM

We make 6 from the bead swap... baby born yesterday afternoon!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#3 of 9 Old 11-01-2009, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Yay!

#4 of 9 Old 11-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprek View Post
We make 6 from the bead swap... baby born yesterday afternoon!
Wait a second...how did this news sneak by?? Congratulations!!!
#5 of 9 Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned

Out of curiosity, what was this bead swap? Did a bunch of people buy a bunch of beads and mail out a couple dozen envelopes with the beads? I guess the logistics behind this don't make sense. Did people mail them all to one central person who broke them up and mailed them out? I'm curious.
#6 of 9 Old 11-02-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle C. View Post
Out of curiosity, what was this bead swap? Did a bunch of people buy a bunch of beads and mail out a couple dozen envelopes with the beads? I guess the logistics behind this don't make sense. Did people mail them all to one central person who broke them up and mailed them out? I'm curious.
Yes, I think a lot of us who were here early on participated in this...it was all over and done with in July. There was a separate online group created to swap contact info, we each picked out and bought enough beads for everyone in the group, created a little birth message, and mailed them to a central location with return postage. Two lovely mamas collected and sorted them all, and mailed them back.
#7 of 9 Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 AM

wow, congratulations mamaprek!!
I wish the early labor bead vibes had come my way...here I am. It is my "due date" lol, but no baby in sight!
darn it

Though I'm thinking it might be because this little one is smart. My DD might have chickenpox, I'm going to take her to the dr today. If she does, I hope I'm still immune and that this baby takes a little while longer to come out!

Noelle, yep, the bead swap was whoever wanted to join in. We sent them all to one person and they sorted them and mailed them back to each one who sent them in.

Result...a beautiful labor necklace with an inspiring note that accompanied each bead!

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#8 of 9 Old 11-02-2009, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M View Post
Result...a beautiful labor necklace with an inspiring note that accompanied each bead!
And apparently crazy labor vibes!!! Almost a third in October!

#9 of 9 Old 11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

Ah, sending return postage makes sense. What wasn't was the thought of mailing out dozens of envelopes and waiting for dozens to arrive, or having one person mail them all. It didn't cross my mind about sending a return postage and all. I have I think one spare brain cell these days and it's on life support!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page