Less movement later? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm officially more pregnant than I ever have been. Ds1 was born w/o labor by c/s at 38 weeks. Ds2 was born at home at 38 weeks and 6 days. I'm now 39 weeks and 1 day. Babe is still moving, but the movements are smaller and farther between, it seems. I'm assuming she's just getting cramped in there and doesn't have enough room to stretch out any more. Anyone else feeling decreased movement as time goes on?

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#2 of 8 Old 11-01-2009, 08:52 PM

Same here. They say that babies sort of start saving up their energy for birth during the days before labor starts. Totally normal.
#3 of 8 Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 AM

That is good to hear, because my LO is also decreased his movement since Friday. Feeling like it will be close.

Self employed 37 year old lady.gifMother of one 4 year old super herosuperhero.gifand wife to a lovely DH malesling.GIF who is my hero. Its been a long run but I am pregnant with #21sttri.gif due 10/10/14. goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.gifHere we go again....
#4 of 8 Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 AM

ya they have to run out of room at Some point right?

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#5 of 8 Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM

I'm only just shy of 38 weeks, and this baby is definitely moving less in terms of big, rolling movements or feet kicking, but one thing I can feel a LOT of is practice breathing. It's very reassuring in the absence of larger movements.

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#6 of 8 Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Totally less movement here. Not much room in there though! I still get little bumps here and there... hopefully something will happen soon.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#7 of 8 Old 11-02-2009, 06:07 PM

Almost 37 weeks here and definitely less movement...well, less BIG movement.

My midwife said the baby should be moving just as much, but the quality of the movements will be different. Instead of noticeable kicks and swoops, they'll be subtle, tiny adjustments that we may not notice unless we're actively paying attention. She said if I was worried to drink a cold glass of juice, lay on my side and see if I get ten of those in an hour. The first time I tried it and actually paid attention, I got ten in about 5 minutes, made me feel a lot better.

Mom to DD Nov 2009,
#8 of 8 Old 11-02-2009, 07:24 PM

ya decreased movements, but not so much decreased, highly visible body parts poking out of my skin for long periods of time. looks like he seriously has NOWHERE to go, so to be comfortable despite how UNCOMFORTABLE it makes me, he just jams a foot, hand, something outward and keeps it there. owww.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page