Nov. homebirth momma's in November-ACK! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
So I was talking to my dad on the phone the other day, and explaining my poster-making. I think I put it as "I'm making a bunch of posters to hang up that are supposed to work instead of the epidural." Vegasdad starts laughing SO HARD and says "Does one of the posters say GIVE ME THE F@*!ING DRUGS?"

Now, I know that's not the supportive, you-can-do-this attitude I really want around me right now, but it was just SO FUNNY! So I think I'm going to make a poster that says GIVE ME THE F@*!ING DRUGS! for a little comic relief. Luckily I warned the midwives yesterday.

Vegasdad is awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 05:47 PM

hilarious, vagasgrl!! :

Right after I made my birth art I went into labor. Just sayin'.

Lily's_Mom -- My blood pressure really started creeping up to, there near the end. I tried to drink a lot of fluids and "go to my happy place" frequently throughout the day. Stressing about bp will only make it stay up

Oh, about things that bring on labor: My husband kept being told by men that macaroni and cheese with A1 sauce would bring on labor. Well, I refused to try it (yuck!), but the dinner before my labor, he did make me a steak and baked potato dinner. It was only after I ate it that he mischievously remarked that he got cheese (on the potato) and A1 in me. Purely anecdotal, of course, but just a few hours later I was holding my baby.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 11-12-2009, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

An ok mw visit today. After a long discussion about me having big babies (brought up by me) my mw suggested some things to try to nudge, not push, labor along if it's willing.

We decided to do a sweep and stretch but then when she tried she could barely find my cervical opening and said the baby was still way up high so she couldn't do it. She suggested me wearing a belly belt to lift up my belly so the baby will come down under my pubic bone.

She says if my water breaks I should lay down and have her come over for prolapse cord reasons, even if it's unlikely.

I am going to start on a black/blue cohosh regimne for 3 days and then see what happens.

There's no emergency to get the baby here with any drastic measures but I feel comfortable to try the few "nudges" she suggested.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil View Post
Oh, about things that bring on labor: My husband kept being told by men that macaroni and cheese with A1 sauce would bring on labor. Well, I refused to try it (yuck!), but the dinner before my labor, he did make me a steak and baked potato dinner. It was only after I ate it that he mischievously remarked that he got cheese (on the potato) and A1 in me. Purely anecdotal, of course, but just a few hours later I was holding my baby.
It's funny that you mention things you ate that 'supposedly' bring on labor in hind sight. This morning after reading another thread (I think it was Shakenbake's) I was remembering what I had in the days prior to going into labor. Remarkably, I had fresh pineapple (the core too) in the few days up to labor starting and the night pre-labor started (Wed night) I had Louisiana hot sauce on my fish dinner- in fact, my last facebook status before the birth announcement was "is having hot sauce with dinner- maybe it will trigger something". That night I woke up at 3 am with pre-labor, which didn't quit until he was born Friday night!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 PM

hehe ill try ANYTHING! im goig to rink the castrol oil today i swear! i cant live with this chest pain any longer ive beenn living in the bathroom witht he vaporizer going for 3 days

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM

has anyone heard recently from vegasgrl?

Old 11-15-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil View Post
has anyone heard recently from vegasgrl?
I started a thread asking about Noelle, as she's been missing for a while. My thread was deleted for privacy issues, but I was just hoping she had a DDC buddy that would have a happy update.

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
Old 11-16-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess152 View Post
I started a thread asking about Noelle, as she's been missing for a while. My thread was deleted for privacy issues, but I was just hoping she had a DDC buddy that would have a happy update.
OK, so I'm not crazy. I was looking for that thread just now to see if there was an update and couldn't find it.

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was wondering about those gals as well....

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:49 AM

my kiddo arrived thur morning...I'll get a birth story together somtime soon, but suffice it to say I hope all future labors can be in water!!!

Benjamin, 8lbs even, nuchal hand (with a 36cm/14.5in head already), and I have not a tear--not sure how that happened but I'm grateful!! MW was as surprised as I was.
...and his cord broke on its own--how is that for unusual?!!

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
my kiddo arrived thur morning...I'll get a birth story together somtime soon, but suffice it to say I hope all future labors can be in water!!!
Congratulations!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

Old 11-16-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
I was wondering about those gals as well....
I was wondering as well and then the thread just vanished.

Congrats to you brightonwoman! Enjoy your babymoon!

I am officially overdue Yesterday was my due date and I am kind of proud about that, never made it to my due date before. My body has been practicing more- the last 3 nights I have started to have more painful contractions(the kind I have to stop to get through)- the first night just for an hour or so maybe and then gradually longer each night- last night was about 3 hrs. Dh made me call the mw, but I told him the same thing had happened the past 2 nights and when I go to bed they stop(I know lucky me). Anyway, stuff is happening! I think the baby is coming Wednesday evening, time will tell!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 AM

i dont know bout noelle but i have vegas # im calling her tommrow i havent seen here in a few days!

i love my life!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
Love the name Benjamin! Congratulations!

I'm glad to hear about the water being good. That's what I've got lined up...

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 PM

Sorry gals - I'm here. I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. And I know I've been saying all along I wanted a 42-weeker, but I don't think I actually expected to still be pregnant at this point. I'm dealing with it okay, but the way other people are dealing with it is pissing me off to no end. Everyone I know calls me every single day. I turned my phone off Friday and Sunday just so I didn't have to listen to it anymore. Yes it's nice to know I'm loved. But seriously, one of my aunts has NEVER called me in her entire life, and she called Th, F, Sa AND Sun, along with three Facebook messages. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! My other aunt keeps sending me "We love you honey! You can do this!" text messages, which sounds sweet, but it's just reminding me that I'm STILL pregnant.

Today I came into work, and within 6 minutes 13 people asked me if I was still pregnant. :doh Cuz I need to be reminded that I'm still pregnant every 27 seconds. Luckily I have a ton of work to do so I'm trying to zone out. Tomorrow is the big trade show I wanted to make it to, so there's that. And I figure after walking around the convention center all day, I'll go into labor tomorrow. But there's still that voice inside me that's telling me I'm going to be pregnant forever.

The worst is my poor mother. We don't so much get along, and she's been here since Nov 7th. There's this huge part of me that loves my mom so much, and wants to just hang out with her - I mean, we'll probably never have the chance to just chill for three weeks ever again, you know? But I want to smack her half the time, so I've ended up hiding out in my room, which makes me stir crazy AND feel like a horrible daughter. I'm going to have to post a thread with her recent gems, but it's getting really rough to just be hanging out without the baby as buffer. And also having her here is a constant reminder that I'm STILL pregnant. Do you see a theme emerging?

So with all that as backdrop, I've been sort of avoiding the boards because, well, I'M STILL FREAKING PREGNANT. And it's really frustrating to see how many people who were due way after me have babies, and also to see people who aren't due until way AFTER me already freaking out. I picture my LO in there thinking to herself "Hmmmm...I'd like to bust on up outta here, but I'm not totally sure how?" After the show tomorrow, I'm moving to an all-out labor-induction regime starting Wednesday. This is so booooooooo.

Thanks for listening.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
Old 11-16-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
I am officially overdue Yesterday was my due date and I am kind of proud about that, never made it to my due date before. My body has been practicing more- the last 3 nights I have started to have more painful contractions(the kind I have to stop to get through)- the first night just for an hour or so maybe and then gradually longer each night- last night was about 3 hrs. Dh made me call the mw, but I told him the same thing had happened the past 2 nights and when I go to bed they stop(I know lucky me). Anyway, stuff is happening! I think the baby is coming Wednesday evening, time will tell!
Yeah this is me too. No I'm not in labor, although I was up almost all night again with contractions. Argh. I wish they'd just turn into the "real deal". Anyway, had my 40-week appointment with my midwives today. I asked to be checked (they don't do it unless you ask, but after all this prelabor, I wanted to know for my sanity if it was doing anything!) and I have not effaced anymore (still around 40%- blah) but I'm a "stretchy 4cm, almost a 5". So at least I'm dilating, right? I wish she would move to my left side, but she is stubbornly on my right. Ah well.

I am really hoping to have her by/on Wednesday...

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 11-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I picture my LO in there thinking to herself "Hmmmm...I'd like to bust on up outta here, but I'm not totally sure how?"
that really got a giggle out of me!!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I picture my LO in there thinking to herself "Hmmmm...I'd like to bust on up outta here, but I'm not totally sure how?"
Yesterday evening my baby was going nuts inside, pushing hard with his/her feet (into my diaphragm, I guess?) and I thought, "You want out? Make it open up down there and you can get out!! Please, now is a good time!!"

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

Old 11-17-2009, 07:59 PM

I felt like I was having a few contractions last night. It was either that or BH contractions, but my back hurt too. This morning I had a pretty good one that wrapped around to my back, but pretty easy to relax through. I know nothing is coming up soon. But it makes me feel good to know my body is prepping and practicing.

I've had virtually no back pain this pg (thankfully). But now it is starting to get really achey at night and I'm not sleeping so great. I stayed in bed for 11 1/2 hours last night, it was heaven!!

I aired up the birth pool this past weekend, just to have it ready. But now I think I regret it because I can't keep ds away from it. I just want the prep to be easy for dh because if he freaks out about getting things ready, he will drive me nuts!!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 PM

Today my mother (who was the person who caught my girl on her way out!) asked me first if I would recommend a homebirth to someone who asked me, and second, if I would homebirth again. To the first question, I had to asnwer honestly: I don't think homebirth is for everyone. I think the woman really needs to be in tune with herself and at peace with her pregnancy and confident about her birthing. And also willing to accept that fact that it could be an unplanned UC For me, personally, I really felt like it was the best choice. I really hated the interventions of my hospital birth, I hated being bothered by all these people telling me how to birth; I felt hassled and hooked up to unnecessary machines. This time, I birthed completely naturally, following my instinct the whole time. I am pretty confident that my midwife (had she made it on time) would have been pretty hands off. So without a doubt if I ever had to do it over again, I most certainly would homebirth.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 AM

Hi. I had an appointment with the mw today - brought my mom. Mom was thoroughly impressed, LOVES the mw, and understands now why I was so mad when she said YOU'RE GOING TO KILL MY GRANDBABY all those weeks ago.

I'm almost 3cm dilated, 50% effaced, yet still no baby. We did a BPP; it's usually 20 minutes long and they want 2 movements/heart accelerations in that 20 minutes. Well my girl had 4 movements/accels by 11 minutes, so we quit then. She's doing fine in there.

Mw said if I haven't had the baby by Friday morning, she recommends a membrane strip, which she thinks will definitely put me into labor. I'm not a huge fan of that at all, but I'll be 41w4d then so I'm thinking I'll go ahead with it.

She also told me that in Europe they add 10 days to a first time mom's due date. That means Kate's European due date is Friday. I think she's holding out for that. I got a massage today and she spent about 20 minutes doing labor induction pressure points. It seriously can't be long now! (Can it?)

Old 11-19-2009, 04:21 AM

hehe i hope u feel better hun!

i love my life!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=vegasgrl;14693843]
Mw said if I haven't had the baby by Friday morning, she recommends a membrane strip, which she thinks will definitely put me into labor. I'm not a huge fan of that at all, but I'll be 41w4d then so I'm thinking I'll go ahead with it.

QUOTE]

I was "never" going to have a sweep and stretch but my mw and I discussed the pros and cons. Last week she was going to do one but the baby's head was floating so you can't do one without the head pressure.

I'm actually hoping she can do one today. She says it is another way to nudge things along without being overly invasive....

I really thought something was "going on" yesterday but I am sitting here this morning no different....I am trying to be patient but I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed.

I am so sick of people saying "BUT YOU'RE NOT EVEN DUE YET!" UGH! Well phooey on you!

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Old 11-19-2009, 03:47 PM

I got my birth pool from the midwife yesterday and it's all set up . I'm really excited that my water birth now seems like a reality. She asked if I wanted to be checked yesterday and I said sure. I'm 4 cm dilated, stretchy to 5cm and the baby is fully engaged!

However, I woke up this morning with a horrific cough and feeling achy all over I hope this is just a cold and passes quickly, but I can't help but feel a little nervous as a bunch of people at my husbands work have confirmed H1N1 flu. I had influenza a few years ago and it landed me in hospital after 24 hours with pneumonia, so while I try to ignore the flu fear mongering, once I'm actually sick it's hard to put those fears aside. Just hoping this passes quickly and I don't go into labour sick!

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:09 PM

Pop some vit D to ease the body ache. I hope it's not H1N1...rest up and take it easy!

Vegasgirl, that's great about your mom coming around to the mw! Mine has yet. :/ I'm thinking it will change once they've met too, because the mw is a totally sweet grandma type.

I'm feeling tons of aches and pains I don't remember when pg with DS. I'm hoping that's a sign of not long to go. My m/w is miles and miles away in Wyoming right now with a labouring mama, so I just have to hold off until she's 'available'! My first due date was Nov 24th, revised to early December, so who knows what will happen...

Old 11-19-2009, 05:53 PM

Okay, not to be all "yay you don't have babies yet!" but I was updating my bead board and there are only 7 out of 21 of us left (I think 6 now - I missed Mom2M) that haven't had our LOs. I was lamenting to my mom that I was going to be the last of the bead girls, which stinks seeing as I was due the 10th. So thanks to both of you, Sonneva and jess152, for checking in and letting me know I still have a chance to pop this girl out before I decide my beads are jinxed.

I'm so back and forth on the S&S. I'm sitting here talking to my girl telling her it would really be easiest on everyone if she could just come on out today. We'll see!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:30 PM

vegasgrl: Sending you labour vibes!

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 PM

I'm not due until tomorrow, but I am dyin'!!!!!!! Skip my post since it's self-indulgent whining....

I have three acquaintances in real life who were due either AFTER I am or just a few days before, and they have all had their babies. Like a month ago!!! ACK!!!!

I am grouchy. I hate natural childbirth. I wanna be induced and have this baby sucked out of my body right now. Not really, but I am a bit crazed today and that's how I feel. Anybody else? I have had a section, a medicalized VBAC, and an unassisted hb. So, I've had it all, loved the uc, know that's what I"m doing this time, but still resisting this whole "let the baby come when she's ready." I guess it's because I have three other kids to take care of who are in no way making it easier on me. Plus, DH was supposed to have off all week, or at least half days, and of course, he didn't get done what he needed to so he's not here. Poop. Whiny, whiny, shiny hiney. I'll go whine to someone irl now and leave my online buddies to your gestating. Hope you're in a better mental place than I am!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:40 AM

Perdita, that's okay whine away. I was feeling quite whiny the other day too. I know I haven't even hit my EDD yet, but I'm startng to get antsy. Last week I was all "oh whenever he comes is okay, I'm not quite ready yet anyway". Now this week I've hit the point where I am analyzing all the signs of impending labor or lack of.
I have good energetic days and those days I feel like I can hold out. But then yesterday I had a "I can't get off the couch day" and feel so overly pregnant and ready to have my baby.
Everything is ready at home and keeping the house fairly clean. My next appt is on my EDD next week........I so don't want to make it that far. I'm hoping the holidays will take my mind off of it a little if baby hasn't come by then. At least I have dh at home for five days next week to help, but we'd rather be spending it together with the new little one!!
Old 11-23-2009, 03:04 AM

birth story (warning, it's long...)
I published it on my blog with photos...but they don't come up here of course. PM me if you'd like the link to the blog post

ETA, for everybody who is feeling impatient, I delivered at 40+1...(last baby was at 39, so I was uber-impatient)

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

User Tag List