Has anyone else just completely lost their appetite? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Normally I can eat a small farm's worth in a day, but today my appetite is just completely gone. I can't tell if it's just stress or what, since usually stress makes me want to eat more. Maybe I'm just tired of eating. Even ice cream and chocolate don't sound so good.

Anyone else finding appetite to be dead?
#2 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 12:05 AM

My appetite all week before last was almost non-existant, but this week it has gradually came back and I have had a HUGE appetite the last few days. I think because perhaps the baby is a bit further down so I have a bit more room.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#3 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 12:28 AM

Actually, I am the opposite. I have had little appetite for the past few weeks, but lately I cannot STOP eating.

Excuse me, my ice cream is calling.

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 AM

I'm having a hard time getting myself to eat the past couple days. Yesterday all I could get down was frosted mini wheats cereal. I am feeling sick to my stomach and we are having lots of contractions, but they aren't getting more intense....Sitting here eating cereal this morning. Hoping I can find something else that sounds apealing for lunch and diner. LOL
#5 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Nope, I've been pretty hungry. I've been wanting lots of meat and starchy carbs. And really, I haven't had any problems with my stomach capacity being smaller, even though he hasn't dropped yet.

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

#6 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

She's not pressing into my stomach, so I know it's not that. She's laying low and across, plenty of room for my stomach and other innerds.
#7 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 01:47 PM

Mine is gone. Totally vanished. I have no desire to eat anything, and I've pretty much been forcing myself to eat to keep my intake at a reasonable level.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#8 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 02:05 PM

my appetite is shot too. I remember it being like that during my labor last time (not before, but definitely during--it was 23 hrs). I lost my mucus plug on fri morning and my appetite has been gone ever since...I keep thinking that must mean labor is ready to start but so far nothin. It's getting old.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#9 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 PM

I've had a reeeeally crappy appetite for the past 5+ weeks or so. No wonder I haven't gained any weight, lol.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#10 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 02:49 PM

Actually- I have noticed something similar for over a week. I am just not as hungry as before, and nothing really sounds great to eat (and I LOVE food!). Of course, I am still eating normally--- but it just isn't as enjoyable for some weird reason!

And I don't have heartburn, or nausea, or any stomach related pressue (baby is hanging out pretty low)-- so it isn't one of those problems. It's just weird though!!!!
#11 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM

I also have no appetite. We planned lunch-like dinners for this week, since most nights I just don't want to eat anything. I don't think it's the pressure of the baby, because the baby has definitely dropped.

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
#12 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM

my appetite comes and goes these days. it has definitely backed off these last couple weeks compared to nearly an entire pregnancies worth of engorging and not feeling full enough. i am much more content now. but the urges to eat more than other days still hits me once in a while, but for the most part my eating routine consists of just a snack for lunch and something a bit larger for dinner.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#13 of 15 Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Good, so an appetite-loss doesn't indicate an problem or that labor is two hours away. Those were my worries.
#14 of 15 Old 11-04-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle C. View Post
Good, so an appetite-loss doesn't indicate an problem or that labor is two hours away. Those were my worries.
Doesn't seem like it. Mine comes and goes... even though I LOVE FOOD and it's still all I think about, I don't find myself to be quite as excited about food as usual this week... wonder why?
#15 of 15 Old 11-04-2009, 10:27 PM

I haven't had much of an appetite for weeks. I get full really fast, which is why my fridge is full of half eaten meals.

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page