Full moon tomorrow--anyone hoping for labor vibes?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 11-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for nothing full moon. I sat in the non-hot tub last night for a bit and gave the moon a piece of my mind. I think he was offended, but I'm sure he'll get over it.

I also made the decision that I cannot take this mental torture one more day, so in my mind I have officially changed my own due date to November 12th. I'm not even physically " miserable and so done with being pregnant," it's the mind game for the last two weeks that I can't seem to stop and it is driving me batty.
"I could go into labor any minute. Was that twinge the beginning of a contraction? I wonder if tonight will be the night? Should I go get more bananas or will these be enough to last through labor? I pooped twice today, maybe that means I will go into labor soon. Gee, this dinner could be the last thing I eat before labor starts. Hey, today could be the day I have a baby. No, I probably shouldn't give in to my craving of french fries right now in case I go into labor."

I have no idea how to stop those thoughts.

Now I am at the point where I think I will not go into labor on my own. Ever. Today will not be the day I have my baby. Or tomorrow. Or the next day. My baby does not want to come out. So I am going to go eat french fries. And maybe even drink a friggin soda.
#32 of 39 Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM

MamieCole -- I think I love you.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#33 of 39 Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM

MamieCole, I can totally relate, I have the same thoughts!!! It is stupid for me to do it because I am not due really until the 12th, but I have been so sure I would have this baby early since I have had prodromal labor almost all the time since 34/35 weeks!!!

I walked, bounced on my exercise ball and have strong contractions 5-7 min apart all yesterday afternoon/night. (Really not that unusual, can't contribute it to the moon at all.) This morning they are back to there typical 15-20 mins.
#34 of 39 Old 11-03-2009, 02:54 PM

mamiecole, I have the same thoughts! My EDD is by LMP and confirmed at the 12w u/s, but I know I didn't ovulate until day 17-19, so really should mentally push my EDD back . . . but I can't bear to! The midwife has said she won't let me go past 41+6, which is November 20th. I really, really, don't want to go that long. I don't want to go to work another day! but have to. oh well.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#35 of 39 Old 11-03-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil View Post
MamieCole -- I think I love you.
The feeling is mutual. I am still cracking up about your "Omg, are you STLL rude?" mental snark.

Thanks for appreciating my insane rants. My husband seems to have lost that ability.
#36 of 39 Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineymom View Post
MamieCole, I can totally relate, I have the same thoughts!!! It is stupid for me to do it because I am not due really until the 12th, but I have been so sure I would have this baby early since I have had prodromal labor almost all the time since 34/35 weeks!!!

I walked, bounced on my exercise ball and have strong contractions 5-7 min apart all yesterday afternoon/night. (Really not that unusual, can't contribute it to the moon at all.) This morning they are back to there typical 15-20 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
mamiecole, I have the same thoughts! My EDD is by LMP and confirmed at the 12w u/s, but I know I didn't ovulate until day 17-19, so really should mentally push my EDD back . . . but I can't bear to! The midwife has said she won't let me go past 41+6, which is November 20th. I really, really, don't want to go that long. I don't want to go to work another day! but have to. oh well.

I know! It's like mental water torture or something. Silly babies with their "own timeline."
#37 of 39 Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM

here's hope for the Nov. 16 New Moon

::
#38 of 39 Old 11-04-2009, 05:11 PM

I hope I'm not still pregnant then!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#39 of 39 Old 11-04-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
I hope I'm not still pregnant then!
especially since our due dates are the same, me too.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page