so Mama's in waiting what are you doing to pass the time? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the only thing left for me to get cleaned is the van but I cannot crawl the right way to get it all cleaned the way I want so I think I may see of tomorrow Dh will get in there and "get R done" the blankets and sheets are getting washed and dried as I type this I waited until my anibiotics were finished so I know for a fact all the germies are getting taken care of! I am all set so I want to know what he is waiting for!!!!!!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#32 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
Anyway, another good reason to go into labor tonight, right?!
Right, right.... NOW you are ready! (C'Mon out baby!)

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#33 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyheaded_Mama View Post
Well my supervisor was pretty adamant that I needed to be back full time by Dec. 1, and I was equally adamant that that was absolutely impossible. So I went ahead and called our HR dept. and found out that legally the health care system I work for cannot allow me to return to work for a minimum of 8 weeks postpartum, whether or not I have sick/vaca OR FMLA time available. She told me not to worry about my job, that they wont term. for maternity leave and that I do not have to put in my two weeks if I don't want to, but that I could and would still be eligible for rehire down the road if I so desired. So that made me feel a lot better, it's not the 12 weeks I'd dreamed of, but it's a far-cry better than a few days!!

Also, my supervisor included in his email that he'd gotten in contact with my old supervisor and that she told him she had told me that once B was born I could return to work full-time or PRN (unscheduled part time/as needed). I don't know if they will honor that agreement since she is no longer my supervisor, but I have saved that email and I'm going to really push for the PRN work for at least the first few months postpartum. Wish me luck!
Ooo, I bet you are glad you talked with HR!! 8 weeks sounds way better to me than what your supervisor was talking about Good luck!

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#34 of 34 Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 AM

i have organized the heck outta my birth supplies, scrubbed my baseboards all over the apartment, vacuumed the living room (!), put batteries in the baby swing, and even braved the evil WalMart today for groceries :Bag

i'm sitting here having contractions, listening to my birth playlist, and feeling annoyed that since it's past midnite, I am now officially past my due date

Ah well. I get to have my belly cast tomorrow after my mw appointment!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page