so Mama's in waiting what are you doing to pass the time? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I today pampered myself! I got my hair cut, I got my nails filled and my toes done I blew way to much money but hey I am worth it!!!!!! I am super tired because I just got over the flu but I feel like if I didn't do it today I would never do it! So I feel all good but now my house is still a mess so tomorrow will be nesting day if I am up to it what are all the mama's in waiting doing?

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#2 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 05:58 PM

I'm moping about, whining loudly about still being pregnant.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#3 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 06:00 PM

Cleaning! I make sure the house is spotless before I go to bed every night, just in case something happens!

Making sure the laundry doesn't pile up.

Still working on filling the freezer.

Sewing a few odds and ends.

And, I just decided to get the Christmas cards all ready to go. So I need to make about 15 more, fill them in, put in dd's school pics, get envelopes and address them. Then dh and dd can go on a little mail drop sometime after baby is born (a little father-daughter time for them).

Oh, and checking for new November babies several times a day.

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#4 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 06:08 PM

Sally, great minds think alike! I did that (pedicure/massage) the first day of my maternity leave (last Monday) and it's actually on my schedule to do again (pedicure and haircut) on Friday! We definitely deserve it!

Other than that, I've been cleaning like mad! I wouldn't even call it nesting, it's crazy the stuff you find in closets that you don't need! It feels great to get rid of old junk, you know? I've replaced the contac paper in my pantry, organized my cubbards, and tomorrow the kitchen floors are getting scrubbed via my hands (MW says this is great for positioning)! Tonight DH and I are walking the mall- partly for a purposeful shopping trip- partly for working baby down!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#5 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 PM

I am ordering a couple of new nursing bras from Birth&Baby (that's who I ordered from last time--I'm a hard to find size but have had excellent results with them, but the 3 I got 3 yrs ago with last baby are wearing out so I decided to indulge in a couple new ones).

I'm also browsing around amazon thinking about Christmas shopping...we live in a small town and there are not a lot of local shopping options, and my handmaking will be less prolific this year due to the new one, so I'm all about amazon and the free shipping (we live in AK and shipping will kill ya up here!!) I'm poking around etsy too, because I love christmas shopping there...

I had a friend over for a couple hours this morning and I'm just generally trying to think about anything except the fact that i'm very not in labor (in spite of losing my plug last friday and having a number of other signs of labor...I basically have every labor symptom except the contractions, and it sucks!!) i'm 39wks today, which is the date that my last kiddo was born, so I'm officially feeling 'fully cooked' today
I have a weird craving for sesame chicken, and since I've had basically no appetite for nearly a week now I decided to go out and get the stuff to make it tonight. I'm sure I could use the protein.
Then i'll just pray that the toddler goes to sleep/sleeps well tonight (he still wakes often) and maybe we can have a baby tonight. That would be lovely...but I'm trying not to fixate on it. I've been so fixated on it for the last week that I'm losing my brain and I woke up today resolved to do anything and everything I could to distract myself from trying to start labor...just trying to get busy with other stuff and let nature happen. (*trying!!*)

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#6 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 06:33 PM

I am still nesting! I got some closets cleaned out this weekend, and want to get the laundry room done tonight. I am pretty ruthless right now about getting rid of junk, and it's so nice to be able to get my closets nice and clean. DH just shakes his head at me, lol. I got a pedi about three weeks ago too and it was wonderful- I might go get another one this weekend! I'm hanging out a lot with DS too... just trying to enjoy the last few days with him.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#7 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 PM

moping around, eating all the food, getting pampered if i say i'm sore and dh rubs my feet, sleeping, complaining about my hips hurting, whining about this new hemorrhoid that popped up; in short, being a whiny, needy pregnant lady. - this stuff counts as passing time right?

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#8 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 06:59 PM

keeping the clean, laundry done and making sure I am up to date on showers

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#9 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by First-Time-Mommy View Post
moping around, eating all the food, getting pampered if i say i'm sore and dh rubs my feet, sleeping, complaining about my hips hurting, whining about this new hemorrhoid that popped up; in short, being a whiny, needy pregnant lady. - this stuff counts as passing time right?

yes yes it does! I am also doing that! but add in watching way to much TV and letting Ds play waaay to many video games so it is nice and quiet

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#10 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 07:11 PM

I pampered yesterday. My mom and I had pedicures and I got my eyebrows waxed while MIL watched the other two for me. Then we went shopping and she bought me some nice pajama pants to lounge in after baby comes. It was nice to not think about having a baby all day!
How are you all doing all of that cleaning. I have exactly NO energy right now and a long list staring me in the face of things that need to be done. My poor DH has had it with me. I can't even keep the dishes done and the laundry folded. He has been doing it all when he gets home. I am just so antsy and tired at the same time.
I also am wanting to get Christmas Cards done beforehand. Maybe I will work on that tonight.
#11 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 PM

Nothing fun or terribly productive. Working. Coming home and mediating the constant bickering between my 4 and 8 year old sons (trying to head-off the actual throw-down fighting as much as possible), making dinner, helping DD with her homework. By the time I have the boys in bed I have no energy left to clean ANYthing - just climbing into a warm bath zaps what is left of my stamina yet it is necessary or I can't sleep at all. My living room is presentable, the rest of the house is hell. Dishes and clothes lately have all been washed on an as-needed basis. The only thing I can allow myself to splurge on at this point is a nursing bra, but I can't seem to decide which bra to commit to that will actually be comfortable yet hold up these heavy sad girls. I keep eyeballing the Bravado Body Silk Seamless, but somehow suspect it will give me the dreaded uni-boob...or worse yet, the *saggging* uni-boob. In general I am not having any fun.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#12 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyheaded_Mama View Post
In general I am not having any fun.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#13 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 07:42 PM

I'm being cranky and wanting to complain. My landlord is getting on my last nerve. I have no energy or desire to nest and there is definitely stuff that needs to be done. I don't even have the energy to get out of the house and my 2 yo DS NEEDS to get out. I just feel blah and like I will be pregnant forever.
#14 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
I am still nesting! I got some closets cleaned out this weekend, and want to get the laundry room done tonight. I am pretty ruthless right now about getting rid of junk, and it's so nice to be able to get my closets nice and clean.
Me too!! I rearranged my dining room today and I'm heading onto the hallway closets tomorrow. I have this mad desire to have a perfect house when this little one comes home.
#15 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 08:20 PM

Working.
Procrastinating about setting up the birth pool for a test run.
Not washing baby clothing.
Eating leftover Halloween candy.
Peeing a lot.
Hanging out with DS and reading books and drawing pictures.

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#16 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Being generally crabby and having one bad day after another. I just want to take a nap for a few days

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#17 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
The only thing I can allow myself to splurge on at this point is a nursing bra, but I can't seem to decide which bra to commit to that will actually be comfortable yet hold up these heavy sad girls. I keep eyeballing the Bravado Body Silk Seamless, but somehow suspect it will give me the dreaded uni-boob...or worse yet, the *saggging* uni-boob. In general I am not having any fun.
I am a F/G cup, and of a pendulous (aka sagging) bust profile I HAVE found bras that are supportive, comfortable, don't leave me sagging OR uniboobed, and under $50 (I'm pretty sure they were under $40 in fact). I very very highly recommend www.birthandbaby.com they have a huge selection (including bravado, not to mention every other brand I've ever heard of plus a bunch I hadn't!), but if you call them and tell them that you're looking for, plus your size, they can help you find a bra(s) that will work well for you. I actually spent 30 min on the phone with her this morning, told her my size (they have excellent measuring directions if you're unsure), and then told her what features I was looking for--no wires, no uniboob, etc etc--and she helped me find 4 different bras that met my criteria AND were in my size AND were in stock (they had a couple more that were backordered and she said I could order them and they'd call when they come in and if I still want them then they will send them, if not then no worries they don't charge for that). They have a very generous return/exchange policy too, so if somehow it doesn't work for you it's easy to get something else.
Anyway, I know that's a total thread hijack, but I have just been SO impressed with them. They were super helpful for me 3yrs ago the first time I was buying nursing bras, but after 3yrs of almost constant use those bras are starting to wear so I decided to indulge in a new one and talking with them was a very positive experience yet again.

#18 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
I HAVE found bras that are supportive, comfortable, don't leave me sagging OR uniboobed, and under $50 (I'm pretty sure they were under $40 in fact). I very very highly recommend www.birthandbaby.com they have a huge selection (including bravado, not to mention every other brand I've ever heard of plus a bunch I hadn't!), but if you call them and tell them that you're looking for, plus your size, they can help you find a bra(s) that will work well for you.
Hey wow thanks! I bookmarked the site and will check it out thoroughly once I get a minute!

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#19 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM

I'm stopping my whining about her not arriving on MY due date!
From now on I have decided to just accept that she will come when she's ready!
Tomorrow I'm making an appt to have a Mommy/daughter pedicure with DD.

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#20 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 PM

Trying to make sure everythings ready for when she gets here. Wishing she was here, and trying to keep my mind occupied so that I don't think about every single thing that can happen during labor!! Oh and I do school work sometimes.

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

#21 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I keep eyeballing the Bravado Body Silk Seamless, but somehow suspect it will give me the dreaded uni-boob...or worse yet, the *saggging* uni-boob.
I want to like that bra, too, it looks like it would be comfy, but fear the uniboob, too
How much time off do you get for maternity? Hope your babymoon will be nice, when that rolls around!

Part of me still can't believe a baby is what I get out of this whole 9 month thing, . I washed the baby clothing, taking time to smell the cute little scented things and imagine a baby GIRL wearing the clothing...I am still amazed my body can produce a baby of the female sex .

Oh, and had a prenatal today; brought all three boys and the dog for a puppy playdate !!! (my midwife was the breeder we bought from, funny story) Wild and crazy times...

Counting the days till DH is home from his out of state work trip...

Eating ice cream when I have the chance (yk, I am not QUITE 200 pounds yet...)

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#22 of 34 Old 11-04-2009, 11:56 PM

Working, going to school, raising dd, washing the dishes, doing the laundry, taking out the trash, running for president of my church, wishing I could take a nap.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#23 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 AM

This next week is insanity. Our carpeting has a run and the landlords decided tomorrow would be a good day to fix it. My son's number is almost up on an intensive services waiting list, so he's having a visit from the social worker on Monday. Parent-teacher conferences at school on my due date. A baby shower to go to this weekend. A midwife appointment. A massage appointment. Murphy's Law?

And daily life with a four year old and two year old.
#24 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb3 View Post
How much time off do you get for maternity? Hope your babymoon will be nice, when that rolls around!
Well my supervisor was pretty adamant that I needed to be back full time by Dec. 1, and I was equally adamant that that was absolutely impossible. So I went ahead and called our HR dept. and found out that legally the health care system I work for cannot allow me to return to work for a minimum of 8 weeks postpartum, whether or not I have sick/vaca OR FMLA time available. She told me not to worry about my job, that they wont term. for maternity leave and that I do not have to put in my two weeks if I don't want to, but that I could and would still be eligible for rehire down the road if I so desired. So that made me feel a lot better, it's not the 12 weeks I'd dreamed of, but it's a far-cry better than a few days!!

Also, my supervisor included in his email that he'd gotten in contact with my old supervisor and that she told him she had told me that once B was born I could return to work full-time or PRN (unscheduled part time/as needed). I don't know if they will honor that agreement since she is no longer my supervisor, but I have saved that email and I'm going to really push for the PRN work for at least the first few months postpartum. Wish me luck!

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#25 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 AM

I am inspired to get my toes done now after all you ladies are. I gave that up 9 months ago when I found out I was prego to avoid unnecessary toxins, but now my toes have gotten so bad I am embarrassed to go into the salon. It seems like LO may be passed that point of worrying about exposure to noxious smells and paint on the toes.
Anyway.. What am I doing? Sleeping poorly, up early, walk, meditate, yoga, tea help DH get to work...Then I do alot of grunting and breathing through the B/H as I try to move around my life like getting dressed and putting shoes on that is a tough one. Today my sister came over and we started the task of filling the freezer with food. Made enchiladas, and chicken soup. Still going to make tamales and squash soup. I have been to the grocery store many times this week, need to go back tomorrow. Just about everyday I have an appt, either with the homebirth midwives, the clinic, the acupuncturist, the pool, a friend or massage. I am cleaning the house and trying hard to stay busy. When I spend the days in front of the TV I get depressed. Not my style, so I am trying toget on as many projects as possible.(Midwife suggested that I start projects I can't possibly finish to stay busy) I can see from you all and my other girlfriends who are prego that doing this with other children at home is much more difficult.
So I am really just trying to be patient and enjoy this time. My life lesson is to be patient. UGH! Tonight my hub and I are going to walk around the block and watch the moon, finish watching the world series (I think the Yankees are gonna win it), then sleep.. I swear I will finish sewing the blanket tomorrow.. sweet dreams ladies!!!

Self employed 37 year old lady.gifMother of one 4 year old super herosuperhero.gifand wife to a lovely DH malesling.GIF who is my hero. Its been a long run but I am pregnant with #21sttri.gif due 10/10/14. goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.gifHere we go again....
#26 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 01:19 AM

my DH painted my toes for me last week

I have been driving myself half-crazy playing the "maybe this is it!" game, or rather, my body has.

I had my mws come over for my appt yesterday cause I was too sick, cranky and miserable to even think about hauling 3 kids out the door by myself! Baby's dropped, my fundal height is lost into my ribcage , lost my plug and had my membranes stripped--so everything's decent there.

I've had the cold from hell that would not go away, and thankfully it's finally better today. I swear I've been sniffling and coughing for over a week!

Other than that, I've been procrastinating about my schoolwork, missing my DH while he's working two jobs, and mediating the craziness between my kiddos So, the usual stuff.

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#27 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 AM

Today I washed the sheets. Again. And Vacuumed. Again.

I'm working on strengthening my 5 year old's reading skills, and that is a really fun distraction. I love his enthusiasm. Today he drew a picture of the two of us, and he made me with a HUGE belly with a baby inside; it was so cute I could barely stand it.

I'm also trying to figure out what my baby is waiting on. Is there some unfinished business? Is there something I need to get? Is there something that needs organized or de-cluttered? I feel like I've nested the heck out of my house, car, and life, and still... The waiting game continues.

But then again, my husband was late to his own wedding. It shouldn't surprise me if his daughter was late to her own birth.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#28 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil View Post
I'm also trying to figure out what my baby is waiting on. Is there some unfinished business? Is there something I need to get? Is there something that needs organized or de-cluttered? I feel like I've nested the heck out of my house, car, and life, and still... The waiting game continues.
yeah, no kidding... I'm doing little nitpicky stuff now (like I had a list of who to call, but I went and added phone numbers onto the page). I have had a few ctx going on today though, some of them pretty decent, and this evening I tried to check myself again (that cervix is still pretty high) and I SWEAR it feels more open than it did last time. Not a lot, but enough that I confess I'm all thinking about having a baby tonight...again...like I have been every night for the last week. On the upside, for the first time in a week I actually had an appetite (I've had the alternating not hungry/nothing sounds good/nausea that goes with labor, except I didn't have the ctx to go with it...but it's made it really hard to try to keep my nutrition up!) Anyway, I had this random craving for sesame chicken so I looked up a recipe online and made some and it was REALLY GOOD and I don't feel sick after eating it and I'm thinking maybe my body knew I needed some stronger proteins than I'd been getting. Anyway, another good reason to go into labor tonight, right?!

#29 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 03:32 AM

well my life has been hectic if u saw my last post but im trying to just make it threw the days blah come on baby i need some happy times!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#30 of 34 Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 AM

I think I forgot to mention the crabby fighting with husband to pass the time.. Good thing he won't let me go long in that state, but man does he have to argue with everything I say.. geesh. Passing the time this morning with not sleeping past 4:30am. Come on baby...

Self employed 37 year old lady.gifMother of one 4 year old super herosuperhero.gifand wife to a lovely DH malesling.GIF who is my hero. Its been a long run but I am pregnant with #21sttri.gif due 10/10/14. goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.gifHere we go again....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page