Please tell me that being an emotional wreck is a labor sign... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-04-2009, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...because I can't take this any more. I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to hold back tears because my mother called and left me a message letting me know that a family friend (due after me) is in labor and on her way to the hospital. I'm not even due until Saturday, but my back is constantly in spasms, I can't sleep but I'm exhausted, and I'm going between being a bitch and crying. To top it all off my OB informed me that since I'm a VBAC I only have until 41 weeks to get this baby out. Nothing like a little pressure to let you relax and go into labor on your own.

I just want to curl up in a ball somewhere and cry. Anyone else?
#2 of 11 Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM

Well, if it is a sign, then I should have had this baby last weekend! I was a HUGE mess - crying, angry, irritable...

I'm due the same day as you and seem to have the same "symptoms." I'm not as anxious to be finished with the pregnancy, but I figure I could go any time. My only advice would be to try to relax. Do some gentle stretches/massage/hot bath to help your aches. Use a birthing ball, do some squats to help baby move down. I started EPO and Red Raspberry Leaf tea to help prepare the cervix, and i also looked up some pressure points that could stimulate contractions (haven't worked yet, but I just started yesterday, and I'm still a few days from edd). There are some other natural methods that may or may not "help" move things along. There are some that I'm willing to try, but others that I plan to avoid. Other than that, your body and baby know when it's time, and the baby does not plan to stay in forever, so try to have a little faith (easier said than done - I know.)
#3 of 11 Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 PM

DDC crashing (I'm not even pg!) but I do think it is a sign of impending labor - posted my own "WTH why won't my body work!" post about 15 months ago and ended up having a baby that night

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#4 of 11 Old 11-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Gosh...I sure hope so. But I have been an emotional wreck for a week or so now!!! I just got over an afternoon of bawling my eyes out! I feel ya on every level...I was due 2 weeks ago today and now being here in the Nov DDC and mama's are having their babies here, it is driving me insane!!! I am jealous, and that's terrible!!!! I read these stories and I cry out of envy and desire to have my baby too!!! I know how you feel. But maybe this will be good...cry out the extra baggage of emotions and then when labor starts, we will be prepared to move on forward! I hope your baby comes soon...don't let that Dr. stress you out!!! Every apple does not fall from the tree at teh same time! And it's not too late to switch providers and find a vbac friendly one!!!
#5 of 11 Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 PM

I'm also DDC crashing.. please don't let that OB put such an arbitrary deadline on you. You can always switch- it's never too late
My own VBAC was 10 days past her due date.

Many, many labor vibes and peaceful thoughts for you! I hope you have a woooonderful VBAC!!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#6 of 11 Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 AM

{{{{}}}}

I feel ya mama, i really do it seems like that IS a labor sign with me, going totally mental in the few days leading up to the birth!! sending you lots of good vibes and labor dust!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#7 of 11 Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 AM

I was exceptionally grumpy ( and I mean raving b*tch) on Sunday. If it was truly a sign I would have had that baby that day. Monday I was uber happy. Tuesday I was "normal" and Wednesday I was stressed to find DD playing in the litter box as soon as I got out of bed. Things got better after lots of crying (her) and yelling (me). I give Wednesday a "normal" rating. (I do positive discipline but the litter box and fish tank are 100% off limits!!)

HOpe you're there soon. I'm due Sunday!

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
#8 of 11 Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 AM

Thank you for starting this thread, because I am on board with you all! Crying waaaaay too easily, grumpy, disappointed that there is no baby yet (even though EDD isn't even until tomorrow), aaacckkkk.

You are NOT ALONE!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#9 of 11 Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Annnnnnnnd while I was sobbing in the bathtub last night our friends called from labor and delivery to tell us that their baby was here and to ask where we were. She (of course) was also due after me. Ha ha ha fucking ha, Universe.
#10 of 11 Old 11-05-2009, 12:36 PM

I've also been SO irritable and emotional in the last few days. It's really strange but I've wanted to cry at the silliest things... so just wanted to offer

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#11 of 11 Old 11-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Oh, what, psychotic is not a normal state of mind?????? I, too, am waiting on a vbac. However, this is my 3rd vbac, 2nd home birth, so I am in a slightly different place than you are. Although, my OB told my doula last week that he is no longer doing vbacs. I am dreading my appt today for fear of what he might say. I in no way can handle any sort of confrontation today. I think that I will lose my mind and attack him with his own stethoscope if he gives me any grief.

Oh, I have three acquaintances/friends IRL who were all due after or slightly before I am...they have all had their babies already. Like, last week, not even super recent. I am JEALOUS!!!! I will be pregnant forever.

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page