my OB!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok my ob told me if next week my cirv looks good n ripe he wants to induce me NO NO NO! im dil to a 4 now what more ripe do i need? i need some nat induction meth i KNOW hes going to push to induce me sence my babys are big normally HELP i dont want any pit anywhere near me !!!!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 AM

So sorry. Can't you refuse? I've heard acupressure works.

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :
#3 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

ya i can refuse but i just dont want to fight anymore i got nothing left lately after everything thats happend ugh i know i will fight it but i dont want to have to ya know?

i love my life!!!
#4 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm sorry. I know how it sucks to have to fight it especially at this point but it will be worth it in the end. Sending positive labor vibes your way.

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :
#5 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 01:13 AM

Now you better have that girl before I have my boy! At my chiro today his wife said everytime she wanted to induce her labor she used balsamic vinagaret (okay I cannot spell!) she did it with 3 out of 5 pregnancies and that it worked within hours I don't know why or what not she said an older lady she knew told her to try it sounds odd to me but she absolutely says it worked for her!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#6 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 AM

Why in the world would your ob want to induce that early?? Even my induction-happy cnw the first time around waited until I was 39 weeks (though I had been dilated 4cm for three weeks before that).

All the natural induction methods aren't going to work if your babe just simply isn't done cooking in there. I know. I keep trying.

Good luck. I wouldn't let pitocin near me with a ten foot pole. That stuff is pure nasties, IME.

SunShineSally -- what was done with the balsamic vinegarette?? Was it just consumed... or something else...? (sorry to ask. I just keep reading weird labor induction stuff, so I don't know what's "normal" anymore!)

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#7 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 09:01 AM

Why would he induce you so early? That's crazy! She won't be ready!
I'm feeling luckier and luckier with my OB practice...

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#8 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 12:04 PM

ACOG doesn't recommend induction before 39 weeks. I would tell your OB that you will not even consider induction before then. My first pregnancy the doctor wanted to induce on my due date but I refused (to his surprise!) and so he told me to make an appointment for the next week for induction. I told him I would have an office appointment then and we'd discuss it but I went into labor that weekend.

I don't really understand the "fight" issue, just refuse and make another appointment. No fight needed.

Mama to DS 10/04, DD 12/06, and DD 11/09 my baby
Missing DS 10/08
#9 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebunny View Post
ACOG doesn't recommend induction before 39 weeks. I would tell your OB that you will not even consider induction before then. My first pregnancy the doctor wanted to induce on my due date but I refused (to his surprise!) and so he told me to make an appointment for the next week for induction. I told him I would have an office appointment then and we'd discuss it but I went into labor that weekend.

I don't really understand the "fight" issue, just refuse and make another appointment. No fight needed.
#10 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebunny View Post

i 2nd the

2004 2009
#11 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

well hes not the best ob in the world hes Very closed minded when i told him i Wanted to have a home water birth he aid wow so many women DIE doing that! um dood this is my 3rd baby all born vag and never any probs get off my back! i Was induced with my first and my 2nd the ob tryed a few times and i refused yes labor was longer with my 2nd But i labored at home for a long part of it and it was 10 times better

im gbs neg i have had NOTHING really Wrong this pregnacy why cant he just leave me alone? im afrade he will strip me at my next apmt so im going to tell him DO NOT EVEN THINK IT b4 he checks me this is the same ob that told me i can not check my self as its not safe at all!
um how is it Any safer for someone who Doesnt know my body like i do? i was TTC for a while and did checks all the time I know a diffrecne he doesnt! he saiod it will cause and infection
ok im not stupid it is only doen IN the bath tub ina clean bath but sex is ok right? UGH
im ready to fight today i dont evne want to go back for any appmts

i love my life!!!
#12 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM

If it's not "safe" to check yourself, how is it "safe" for your OB to check you? Does he use sterile gloves ever time, or just pull another set out of the box on the counter?

I would stop undressing at appointments, personally. Given that you're 4 cm already and not in labor now, it should be more than clear that how dilated you are is no indication of when you're going to start labor. He doesn't need to do a check at all (unless you want one). If you stay dressed, you don't even have to warn him not to strip your membranes--he won't have access.

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#13 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM

your supposed to consume the balsamic she said she drenched a salad and some noodles or something and I have never heard of it before but she swears by it sounds silly to me but hey ya never know!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#14 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 05:03 PM

I just ate an entire can of pineapple. I'll let you know how it goes.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#15 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post
If it's not "safe" to check yourself, how is it "safe" for your OB to check you?
See, I don't understand this business about it being unsafe since bacteria and such can be introduced to the environment. I'd thing hands and gloves are cleaner than penises, yet, unless on bed rest or otherwise ordered not to, sex clear up until labor is just fine, and I've never heard it said that sex must be right after bathing and scrubbing with antibacterial soap. Even if that were the case, scrubbing like that, shouldn't it be okay for our hands?

OP, in your shoes, I just wouldn't show up. They can't get Pit into you if you're not there.
#16 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

ellhad some pretty strong contractions tonight after standing and walking for a bit but now my legs r killing me UGH! i want to walk this baby out i Really do but it hurts so fing bad we DTD last night got some contractions from that but not enoff and it hurt pretty freaking bad to DTD that it im buying castorl oil tommrow!

i love my life!!!
#17 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 12:54 AM

Saw this on new posts.

Pineapple only "works" (and I use that loosely because I tried it with DD2 ) when it's fresh. You have to do the cutting yourself essentially and it's the core that does it, not neccessarily the pineapple.

PMing you with some info you might like though.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#18 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 01:24 AM

Just say no and that you won't discuss it further. You've had several vaginal births with larger babies so obviously your body works just fine.

THEY can schedule whatever the heck they want. YOU don't have to show up for it. You are in control.

It is specifically against ACOG policies to induce for suspected big baby. It's also against ACOG policies to induce before 39w w/o a clear medical reason.

BTW: what size babies have you had? I ask b/c it seems one person's large is practically another person's preemie.

Stinkerton 12/10/01 9lbs8oz, induced to c/s; Little Man 5/20/03 7lbs11oz, r c/s, fear of another labor; Jillybean 11/18/07 10lbs8oz 37cm head, induced VBA2C; and the Wee Beastie, 9lbs8oz, 35cm head, rpt VBA2C
#19 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

my first was 7'7 and my 2nd was 8 "13 he did have some trouble comeing out as well

i love my life!!!
#20 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
my first was 7'7 and my 2nd was 8 "13 he did have some trouble comeing out as well
Did you know the official ACOG recommendation for "big babies" say that unless you suspect that the babe is 11 lbs or more you're supposed to leave them alone? From the stories I've heard/read, you'd think that a "big baby" was anything over 8 lbs!

Also, do you know what the difficulty was with your second? From what I understand, most problems are caused by position rather than size.

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#21 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
but he did come out so you have a proven pelvis. There's no reason to induce at all! Stick to your guns on this one and insist that he practice according to ACOG guidelines and medical EVIDENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post
Did you know the official ACOG recommendation for "big babies" say that unless you suspect that the babe is 11 lbs or more you're supposed to leave them alone? From the stories I've heard/read, you'd think that a "big baby" was anything over 8 lbs!

Also, do you know what the difficulty was with your second? From what I understand, most problems are caused by position rather than size.

Stinkerton 12/10/01 9lbs8oz, induced to c/s; Little Man 5/20/03 7lbs11oz, r c/s, fear of another labor; Jillybean 11/18/07 10lbs8oz 37cm head, induced VBA2C; and the Wee Beastie, 9lbs8oz, 35cm head, rpt VBA2C
#22 of 26 Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 PM

Don't let him do another vag exam and say no to induction. You can do this!!! I know how hard it is to fight, but you'll be upset afterwards if you don't fight. And everyone is right, there really isn't anything to "fight". You are in control. Just calmly and firmly say "no thank you."
#23 of 26 Old 11-08-2009, 01:19 PM

not sure if this was added here yet, it's about the balsamic vinaigrette. - from what i've read about it there is a special salad that you eat and it induces labor, but the vinaigrette is what really does it for you? no idea if it really works though. i had made chicken before hearing about this in the balsamic vinaigrette with lemon and pepper, and i guess it didn't do anything for me! unless you're supposed to consume it a certain way. SO, it's a salad that does it for you.

Some women swear by eating egg plant, some by eating pineapple, some spicy foods, some labor salad...

Equal parts of:
Romaine lettuce
Watercress
Red Cabbage

Chop and toss together. Sprinkle with balsamic vinaigrette (1 part balsamic vinegar, 3 parts extra virgin olive oil). Garnish with crumbled Pasteurized Gorgonzola cheese.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#24 of 26 Old 11-08-2009, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

i have been eating spicey foods not something i do normaly nothing yet! ill try the vin thanks ladys!

i love my life!!!
#25 of 26 Old 11-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Just wanted to say-the big difference between checking yourself/having sex and a doctor checking you is the type of bacteria. The flora on your (washed) hands and on your husbands penis is something your body is accustomed to. The chances of it making you sick are very very small. Also concider that a penis doesn't enter your cervix at all, whereas during a cervical check they may be sticking their fingers IN the cervix.

The flora on a doctors hands, the gloves he wears, etc are not the same as what you find in your own home. In fact, some of the germs at a doctors office or hospital are downright scary. Even so, its just the general germs we aren't accustomed to that can cause an infection. Yes, they wash their hands (hopefully!) and they put on gloves but as someone else said, those aren't sterile gloves and they aren't usually terribly cautious while putting them on, so you still end up with all sorts of non-normal flora being pushed into your cervix.

Btw, even a papertowel has an insane amount of germs on it-we did stuff in microbiology where we prepared plates before and after washing our hands. My after looked worse than the before (WAAAAY WORSE!) and at first we couldn't figure out why. Then we realized that I actually dried my hands with a papertowel. We checked this theory again by preparing new plates and sure enough...my hands seemed cleaner BEFORE washing and drying them with a papertowel! (they were very much cleaner after washing and letting them air dry though)

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#26 of 26 Old 11-12-2009, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

ya i ONLY check myself in the bathtub and lately i take 2-4 baths a day only place i can get a break from hurting back and kness!

i love my life!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page