Question for those who have dropped/carry low - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you feel the baby on the cervix feeling constantly? I got the pain a lot earlier when this baby kept flipping breech and kicking my cervix. Now it is nearly constant, but a bit duller, not sharp and sudden like a kick. She feels like she has gradually gotten lower and this started after walking a total of 5 miles yesterday (yes--I really want her out!!!) I also got a little bit of "plug" yesterday and today, but no blood.

I guess I sound like an idiot. This is my third, but my others never dropped and were high even at the start of pushing, and I think she is lower now. I am a bit paranoid of her not even being head down, though. I am just totally frustrated. With my first 2, I could easily feel their heads from the inside. This one I can't!!!! DH says he feels it, but I am doubting him. With the last pregnancy, he checked my cervix for dilation accurately and even did a sweep that put me in labor the next morning. This time he has tried daily and can't even find my cervix, even though he could earlier in the pregnancy when I was worried I was dilated because of a lot of BH.

I have not had a midwife appt in a while, so that makes me all the more frustrated. I have been seeing a CNM and a HB MW seperately. The last time I saw the CNM was at 35wk6days. (I am 39wk1day today). The HB MW was supposed to take over care at that point, but I only saw her at 37wk5days. She was supposed to see me today and completely forgot to call me and tell me she could not. I called to confirm last night and she asked if I wanted to just go see the other midwife. Of course on such short notice on a friday, I can't get in today. The CNM is out and the OB has all the load today.
#2 of 3 Old 11-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Wow - that's frustrating about this midwife. This is a time when a little check on baby's position could provide some reassurance! Hope you'll get to see one of them very soon.

This is my first baby and I definitely felt her "drop" last week, though I'm only 36w2d right now. She dropped on a day when I did lots of errands and was walking around a ton. I am definitely feeling a lot more pressure on my cervix and my whole pelvic floor since then, from my very low belly all the way back to my rectum - pressure that is sometimes painful. It was a very noticeable change from before. I too am seeing both a CNM and a HB midwife and I actually saw them both this week. They confirmed that the baby is low and head down.

Don't know if this helps at all. Hope the baby's head down! I'm impressed that you could tell yourself in previous pregnancies - I really can't tell by myself!
#3 of 3 Old 11-06-2009, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

thanks!

I really am sure she is head down. I am just so disappointed in myself for needing the reassurance of the midwives, you know. It is so empowering to have your own knowledge of yourself, are at least a DH that can tell you stuff!!!

I am so hoping for labor this weekend! I hope I can know when it really comes. All week the mw has been 1.5 hours from me. This evening she is going back home (she was out of town for classes) and will be 2.5 hours from me, so I really can't get it wrong!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page