Post Partum Thoughts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The way I see ppl has changed since I’ve become a mommy. I see old ppl and think about how they were once someone’s baby. I see women and think about them as mothers.

I think about aging and how I don’t want to! Before you have children you’re considered a ‘young couple’, and now that I have children I feel like a family…. And in families… mothers and fathers get old and children grow up. I don’t want my boys to grow up. The only thing I’m looking forward to is to hear them say ‘mommy’, other than that, they can stay babies forever!

I don’t want anyone to die. Even on tv shows … everyone is someone’s baby. I wasn't able to watch one of my favorite shows, Criminal minds. I’m an emotional wreck. I was not emotional or moody throughout the entire pregnancy and now I could cry at the drop of a hat.

I never had that feeling of ‘I can’t believe I’m responsible for these babies’ and since I don’t have that feeling … I feel strange. It’s weird, my husband and I both came home feeling confident. We’ve been nothing but relaxed and happy. There’s a lot of love and happiness to go around in our house… which is new. I’ve wanted to be a mommy for so long and it’s finally here. I feel happy!

My husband has been really amazing. Throughout the entire pregnancy it was like pulling teeth to make him interested in the changes and what was going on during the pregnancy. There were even a couple of arguments about it. Now, he has been so attentive and great with the babies. I haven’t had to ask him twice to do anything. He’s been super helpful … even doing things without being asked … which has definitely never happened before! I think I prepared him well … even in his reluctance. I feel lucky.

I don't think of my boys as twins ... I think of them as two babies that are brothers. It's weird.

What are your post partum thoughts?! How have you changed since becoming a new mommy?

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2009, 06:40 PM

I had similar thoughts after having my dd 4 years ago. Realizing that everyone is someone's baby. Feeling a new connection to women/mothers, feeling like I was part of a new tribe. Knowing what parents go through with a new baby, I felt a little secret acknowledgement about how hard a new baby can be, but how wonderful it is to have a child. And you just know it.

Now I'm getting all

It sounds like your hubby is being amazing! In the pics you posted before, I swear I've never seen a prouder dad. He couldn't have been any more excited!!

Congrats again.

PS Another way I've changed since becoming a mother, is that the news always makes me cry. We don't have tv, but even just listening to the news on the radio and hearing about how people are suffering just makes me break down.

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

Old 11-08-2009, 07:25 PM

I'm about to be a mom for the second time, but I completely remember feeling the way you do! I remember just feeling that everything was so fragile and tenuous! I still tend to feel that way somedays, like the day DS fell out of bed, landing on his head and vomiting, sending us straight to the hospital. He was fine, but things like that remind me to enjoy every second, because you never know how long you have.

I wonder if my hormones will leave me in a mess after this baby comes. I've been nursing DS this whole pregnancy, so I'm hoping that will give me a bit of continuity...?

Lily's mama...I know just what you mean about the news. Reading or hearing something sad or disturbing before I was a mama, well it was sad and all, but now it will bring me to tears.

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess152 View Post
I'm about to be a mom for the second time, but I completely remember feeling the way you do! I remember just feeling that everything was so fragile and tenuous! I still tend to feel that way somedays, like the day DS fell out of bed, landing on his head and vomiting, sending us straight to the hospital. He was fine, but things like that remind me to enjoy every second, because you never know how long you have.

I wonder if my hormones will leave me in a mess after this baby comes. I've been nursing DS this whole pregnancy, so I'm hoping that will give me a bit of continuity...?

Lily's mama...I know just what you mean about the news. Reading or hearing something sad or disturbing before I was a mama, well it was sad and all, but now it will bring me to tears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily's_Mom View Post
I had similar thoughts after having my dd 4 years ago. Realizing that everyone is someone's baby. Feeling a new connection to women/mothers, feeling like I was part of a new tribe. Knowing what parents go through with a new baby, I felt a little secret acknowledgement about how hard a new baby can be, but how wonderful it is to have a child. And you just know it.

Now I'm getting all

It sounds like your hubby is being amazing! In the pics you posted before, I swear I've never seen a prouder dad. He couldn't have been any more excited!!

Congrats again.

PS Another way I've changed since becoming a mother, is that the news always makes me cry. We don't have tv, but even just listening to the news on the radio and hearing about how people are suffering just makes me break down.

Exactly! You get it!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I pretty much stopped watching tv except for cooking and home shows...the news and dramas are too hard to watch once my ds1 arrived.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

User Tag List