40w1d and no "real" ctx!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Really?? I feel bh, or what I assume to be bh, all the time (although fewer in the past few days). When I have them, they are a bit stronger than before - kind of take my breath away at times - but no "real" ctx like people describe, nor anything consistent. I'm a little frustrated at the moment because it feels like this is going nowhere! Plus, my fingers and feet have started to swell up a little, not bad though, but I had made it this far with next to nothing in terms of swelling. Grrr.... And I know that water retention will reflect in my weigh-in tomorrow, and I'm afraid they are going to freak and talk induction, so that baby doesn't grow too big.

Thanks for listening. I'm just feeling a little grumbly at the moment - I should feel better after a little rest.
#2 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Baby's weight gain plateaus/slows down in the final weeks...google it, I don't have a link for you, but the baby doesn't just keep packing on weight indefinitely! That's the good news!

And for the contractions, look at the bright side; when you do go into labour, you will be fresh as a daisy and well-rested from not having any prodromal labour (which sounds like it would be awful, but at the same time seems to serve a purpose = shorter labour? I don't really know)

Maybe take a walk, then come home and put your feet up and see if that helps with the swelling. It will at least take your mind off things for a bit...

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#3 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 07:12 PM

I'm one day behind you and in the same position. These contractions do take my breath away, make me stop walking (although no necessarily functioning), and they're consitently 5 minutes apart. Until they stop for a few hours ...

...but 12 hours on, 2 hours off isn't really fair, IMO.

This is very annoying.

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
#4 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM

I am exactly where you are (same due date and everything). I could have written your post (except the induction part). It's a frustrating place to be. I was so up-in-arms about it that I was really emitting a lot of negative energy. In fact, my husband is really fed up with the grumpiness.

I've been having some crampy-ish tightenings ever since this morning, but absolutely nothing regular.

I'm doing to light house cleaning this evening, taking some deep breaths, doing some squats, looking at cool birth art online, reading/listening to some pregnancy/birthing affirmations, and I'm starting to feel calmer I think.

We're in the last stretch, mama. We'll make it.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#5 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 08:33 PM

DDC crashing (not currently PG) -

I've had two perfectly normal, healthy PG and L&Ds and never felt so much as a BH cx. And I get to 100% and 4-5 cms for WEEKS before water breaks and then baby is born in under two hours.

So, yeah, no cx can be totally normal.
#6 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 08:40 PM

I never really had any contractions with ds 1 who was born 40 wks 5 days. It'll happen, no worries mama. I know, just frustrating to keep waiting when that EDD comes and goes.
#7 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess152 View Post
Maybe take a walk, then come home and put your feet up and see if that helps with the swelling. It will at least take your mind off things for a bit...
Exactly what I did yesterday and today! The swelling has gone down, thank goodness.

Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not alone, everyone! Also good to know that baby's weight plateaus a bit. If she's not necessarily gaining the 1/2 pound per week or whatever, then maybe they won't bring it up.
#8 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 PM

AGONY! That is what the last three weeks of pg are. I would love to be one of those moms who doesn't have a terrible last three weeks, but alas, I am in AGONY! Unfortunately, I'm in big time prodromal labor land, with no end in sight.....how do we survive this process multiple times??????

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#9 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM

I am feeling tons of BH all day long every day, too, but nothing nothing nothing else happening. At 40 weeks 3 days today.

I am actually thinking about taking up the MW on some induction techniques if I make it to my Thursday appointment (which I'm pretty sure I will). I'm on leave from work now and feel like the clock is ticking! UGH!

Hope all of us over 40 weeks now can get the show on the road asap! Wishing you all the best!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page