okay wth, seriously need answers asap :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
been up since early AM, 3:00 or so with very bad pain in my lower back that radiated to my lower stomach & crotch and somewhat my thighs. i can not lay down, i have been stranded to the toilet and dining room chair because they are the only two places i can sit that give comfort, otherwise i begin having awful pain in the places described; on a scale of 1/10 i have to say a 6 or 7 when they hit, they are BAD. also been losing a lot of mucus plug today.

thought i was highly constipated and drank prune juice... it worked, but i am still having the pain. when the pain does hit however, my stomach is not tightening/hardening, so this makes me think they aren't really contractions? they also have not come in an overall rhythmical patterns, accept when i used the contraction master sometime around 4:00PM, only 4 times it said i was 6/7 mins apart, all other times were sporadic and just didn't match up. 4 minutes to 10 minutes to 2 minutes to 20 minutes, ect...

the pain hits when i lay down, try to sit anywhere other than the toilet or dining room chair. walking even has me wailing in pain at this point. i have taken 10 showers in less than 24 hours because the soothing water against my back and hot water feel good, it dulls the pain for me...

i have not had any complications thus far until this morning, and now i am miserable. i have not slept, and from the looks of it i won't be able to sleep tonight because i can't lay down without being sprung out of bed in sheer agony. also feels like there is a very tight knot on my lower back/spine. er...

can this still be contractions or does it sound like something else? i called the hospital to inquire about the pain but all they said was, "if your water hasn't broke there is nothing to worry about".... oh really?

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#2 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 09:47 PM

So sorry! Have you tried to call your Doctor or Midwife? I wish I had an answer for you.

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :
#3 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 PM

Are you peeing normally? I had something similar to this combined with ctx and it was because the baby dropped and blocked my urethra. It was bladder pain that was causing it.
#4 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonchiald View Post
I had something similar to this combined with ctx and it was because the baby dropped and blocked my urethra.
I also wonder if your baby has dropped and is pressing on some part of your body in a way that is causing the pain. How does a hands-and-knees position feel for you?

I hope you find some relief and can sleep, or that this is it!!! and you have your baby soon!

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#5 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonchiald View Post
Are you peeing normally? I had something similar to this combined with ctx and it was because the baby dropped and blocked my urethra. It was bladder pain that was causing it.
i have been peeing but it's more like a 'pump' i have to keep squeezing and letting off to get it to come out, so this may be it. i'm guessing there is no way to fix this?

#6 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily's_Mom View Post
I also wonder if your baby has dropped and is pressing on some part of your body in a way that is causing the pain. How does a hands-and-knees position feel for you?

I hope you find some relief and can sleep, or that this is it!!! and you have your baby soon!
hands and knees hurts, puts a lot of pressure on my rectum, it starts the pain back up actually.

#7 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 10:21 PM

Can you lift baby/your belly up at all and lean forward a bit? Sometimes that helps to empty the bladder. Also, it's possible the pains are contractions, but not full-on push-the-baby-out ones, more adjust the baby into a good birthing positon.

Does it help to have heat or ice on your back (or anywhere else)?

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#8 of 10 Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post
Can you lift baby/your belly up at all and lean forward a bit? Sometimes that helps to empty the bladder. Also, it's possible the pains are contractions, but not full-on push-the-baby-out ones, more adjust the baby into a good birthing positon.

Does it help to have heat or ice on your back (or anywhere else)?
i tried the lifting baby thing it seemed to help a little. heat is what is doing it for me on my back. i have tried hot showers, heating pad; just temporary relief though, it comes back and kicks me in the butt. i did try an ice pack but it did nothing for me.

really hoping this stops soon. i am so exhausted and the pain coming and going like it is about has me in tears.

#9 of 10 Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 AM

Can you go see a Chiropractor? Perhaps an adjustment would help.
#10 of 10 Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 AM

for the pain hunny try some biopfrezze i have to use it on my lower back every few days it does help

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page