Movement is movement...right? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This baby is starting to make me nervous by moving less. It still moves SOME, just not nearly as much as it was moving a few days ago. My next midwife appointment isn't until Thursday.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#2 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 AM

Before labor starts (most) babies generally move less. That's what I've heard, anyway. Maybe that's it?

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#3 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beppie View Post
Before labor starts (most) babies generally move less. That's what I've heard, anyway. Maybe that's it?
So, they say- I cannot remember for sure w/ either one of mine but people keep asking trying to hope for some sign that labor might be on the way!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#4 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 PM

maybe call your mw and ask if that is normal. my Ds still moved lots before labor but he is an active little man! I even felt him move waay sooner than I felt this baby! Is babies movement still in the normal range for this baby? like I know this boy moves when I drink cold water but if it is OJ he doesn't really budge if you poke at baby will baby move? hope all is well I wouldn't really worry as there is way less room for them to move around now.

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#5 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 PM

I would call the midwife if you are worried, but I also have been told there is not as much room to move, so the movements are not as vigorous at the end. My little guy is still moving about as often, but not as vigorously...

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#6 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beppie View Post
Interesting, I was just going to post saying that ds moved less during the week leading up to going into labor. It was noticeable and made me nervous enough that I mentioned it to the dr. She told me to go into the hospital if I was ever really nervous. But since I could always get him to move whenever I poked him, I didn't do the hassle of going to the hospital to get checked out.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#7 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well, after not much movement all weekend, (s)he is moving more today. (S)he seems particularly to enjoy moving while I'm at work. Must be all the bibliographic record stimulation.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#8 of 13 Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 PM

Most babies have smaller movements in the last week or two because there is just no space left for big kicks and turns anymore.

If you are worried, the general test is to drink a glass of juice or have a snack, then sit quietly and count the movements. I think (ask your midwife for exact info) that it is 10 movements in 30 min = baby is fine.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#9 of 13 Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 AM

Definitely noticed it and DS moved less the lower he engaged. Then the night that prodromal labor started he became extremely active.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#10 of 13 Old 11-10-2009, 12:52 AM

Yes-- all of mine get "quiet" before labor. I remember with my 1st DD, I could not feel her at all, even with the OJ trick. I went in to get checked out for this reason, and it turns out that she was moving fine (but I couldn't feel her) AND I was in labor w/o knowing it. She was born later that afternoon!

Last week I thought I was in early labor-- cx were easy but regular. I kept thinking, though . . .this baby is TOO active. And nope, nothing progressed! I'm still waiting . . .

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#11 of 13 Old 11-11-2009, 01:46 AM

If you think you are experiencing decreased fetal movement, it is better to err on the safe side and get checked out.
#12 of 13 Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 AM

my kiddo has stoped moveing as much in the last few days my OB checked her shes fine but he said im getting rdy for labor and so is she!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#13 of 13 Old 11-11-2009, 04:51 AM

Like all the pp's have said, it's common for babies to slow down at the end. I dont' recall it with my last baby, but he came earlier than this one and also he never did move as much...he just got hiccoughs every day
This one has been a little wild man, moving all over the place all the time (I swear I felt him at 11 wks!) He's slowed a lot in the last couple days, so I HOPE that means he's dropping and engaging because he's been floating really high. MW said that if a glass of juice or a few bites of ice cream should gets him wiggling then no worries, and he does wiggle in response to sugar like that, he just doesn't wiggle as much as he used to

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page