today is my due date (warning- whining) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And, to be honest, I totally didn't expect to still be pregnant. I was 1wk "early" with my son and I've lost mucus plug and had contrx that I thought were gonna be "it" a couple of nights...I just felt like I'd definitely be done now. I had a midwife appt today and they checked me- for the first time- 2cm and only 50% effaced -3station. I know that means nothing. I wasn't even gonna let them check me but there was a student there and I thought- hey, why not let them learn and maybe it'll spark something, haha.
So now I'm kinda depressed because I have the house clean and everything is "ready". And today I had to schedule an US to check fluid levels for next week just in case I haven't gone into labor by then. Kinda depressing though I'm not sure why. Ugh, guess I should go into work tomorrow incase this baby is camped out for another 1-2wks!
#2 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Hang in there mama!! I was 5 days past my due date with ds 1. It is definitely frustrating to see that date pass by. Just try to remember baby will come when it's ready. If your up to it keep working, it'll help keep you from obsessing (as much).

I know I'll be stir crazy too past my due date even though it's happened before. I can handle another 2 weeks, but 3-4......I don't want to go there right now.
#3 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Oh, mama. I'm sorry! I am not past my due date, but I've always been early with my other girls . . .based on past history, this baby should have been here this past Friday! Every time my DH sees me he asks how I am . . .I have to keep saying, NOT in labor.

I am sending many, many vibes your way for labor to start!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#4 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 PM

I'm right there with you; I was due 11/6. Get a massage & a pedicure since your house is ready; you deserve it!

Me, I have to cook a lasagna, a beef strew (at least that goes in the crock pot), the thanksgiving dressing to get it in the freezer and clear off the DR table today and/or tomorrow. I also need to clean the car seat cover since it's been in the garage a while.

Don't do any more checks if they're just going to discourage you.

Stinkerton 12/10/01 9lbs8oz, induced to c/s; Little Man 5/20/03 7lbs11oz, r c/s, fear of another labor; Jillybean 11/18/07 10lbs8oz 37cm head, induced VBA2C; and the Wee Beastie, 9lbs8oz, 35cm head, rpt VBA2C
#5 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies....I know the baby will come when ready and EDD is just a guideline but the waiting game is never fun. I think this baby is trying to come on our anniversary (the 11th) and I think my husband is secretly praying for that (less work for him, haha).
#6 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 11:41 PM

that just means you get an anniversary present AND a push present!

Stinkerton 12/10/01 9lbs8oz, induced to c/s; Little Man 5/20/03 7lbs11oz, r c/s, fear of another labor; Jillybean 11/18/07 10lbs8oz 37cm head, induced VBA2C; and the Wee Beastie, 9lbs8oz, 35cm head, rpt VBA2C
#7 of 9 Old 11-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenl18 View Post
thanks ladies....I know the baby will come when ready and EDD is just a guideline but the waiting game is never fun. I think this baby is trying to come on our anniversary (the 11th) and I think my husband is secretly praying for that (less work for him, haha).
Ha, ha! That is cute! My DH wanted 11/13 to be the baby's BD (though I am hoping for tomorrow since 11/10/09 would be SO COOL but there is no way that's happening). It was the day his father passed away, so he thought it would be nice. My sister said, given that my other DC were early and this one is late . . .that if the baby is born on the 13th, she'll think of it as a sign from my FIL, esp. since this little one was a complete surprise!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#8 of 9 Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Due dates suck. Wrong every time for me. So depressing. So tired of being pregnant

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#9 of 9 Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 PM

I know you are bummed, but I second a previous suggestion to do something nice for yourself! I would go as far to say, celebrate that you and baby have made it this far together! Make it meaningful, rather than a disappointment, it's all in how you look at it.

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page