'roid rage! Helllllp! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just past 36 weeks and I've got the worst hemhorroids! Gah, someone give me a quick fix!

It's been two days of agony (my two days off, wonderful) and tomorrow I have to get up, get DS off to daycare, then go to work. How am I going to do this? I can barely walk and can only sit on my donut.

AND, what is it going to look like down there after I've had the baby?! I'm feeling a little panicky, because this is just from plain old heavy baby pressure. I'm not going to recongnize myself postpartum...and I'm afraid!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#2 of 7 Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you get to a medical supply store and get a plastic sitz bath ($15)? I'd do witchazel soaks multiple X per day. Sorry mamma.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that! I will find one!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#4 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 PM

I never had any problems until I gave birth 11/1. Since then it has been constant unbearable pain down there!! I am using the witchhazel pads (tucks), icing the area a couple times per day, numbing spray...it all helps a little (still hurts to sit, stand, walk...). I am praying things "heal" soon. I am sorry you are feeling this way too, it is so uncomfortable!

I'll be watching this thread to see if I am missing any other treatments. I wonder how long this will last?????

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#5 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM

Take Colase (or generic form) stool softener every day. It's not a diuretic, just a softener. And if it's super bad, use Preparation H multiple times a day. Not ideal, but really, at this point, do you care anymore? I have not, knock on wood, had probs this pg, but I did with my other three. I.e. bleeding and agony....so I'm an old hat at this unfortunately. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#6 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 PM

I don't know any quick methods of helping roid's. Sitz baths do help. But probably the best is just to make sure your stools are very soft. Eat fiber!! or take stool softeners if the fiber isn't doing it. I'm sorry though... 'roids' suck!!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#7 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

I felt so much better this morning, so was able to get DS off to daycare ok and go into work, but after checking out the situation...things aren't much better! **TMI alert!*** they're bleeding

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page