What did you/will you have for snacks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
During labor, and after - quick easy stuff for you, kids, DP, etc?

I have lots of frozen meals that I've prepared but not much for during labor and the few days after for snacks and small meals that is quick and easy (DH doesn't cook - or can't )

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#2 of 5 Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 PM

I'm going out later this week to stock up on cheese sticks, almonds, yogurt cups, milk, bread, veggie burger patties, oatmeal, fruit, salad makings, etc. This is mostly for the midwives but we can eat some of it, too. My dh does almost all the cooking anyway so I'm not worried about food--I'm more worried about cleaning, which I do almost all of. I'm--

oh no, dh just broke the crockpot! We need it to warm compresses for the birth!

--obsessively washing dishes, taking out trash and recycling, doing laundry, vacuuming and such, so that it doesn't get all piled up.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#3 of 5 Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cheese and crackers, applesauce, flan, fruit, and roti chicken.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#4 of 5 Old 11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
pjs

pita chip & hummus, spinach dip, cheese & crackers, bagels & cream cheese, grapes, and m&ms
#5 of 5 Old 11-11-2009, 01:15 AM

for during labor: chicken and wild rice soup. it's easy coming up if I get pukey.

For after I get home: whatever I can find! with tandem nursing I know I'll be starving. Fortunately we have grocery delivery here so if I'm out of something I won't have to run to the store.

I'm starting to get things in order food wise. I got the lasagna done tonight and will freeze the leftovers. Will do beef stew in the crock pot or pressure cooker tomorrow a.m. Getting the thanksgiving dressing ready will take some effort, but that's on tomorrow's agenda as well. will likely do a batch of chili as well. Can you tell I love my vacuum sealer?

Am debating on whether to do mac and cheese - most of the recipes I found call for a roux to start the sauce and I suck at making a roux.

I should probably make a huge batch of pancakes to freeze as well. it'll make for easy breakfasts for the kids. Anyone know how to do make ahead breakfast sandwiches/burritos?

Stinkerton 12/10/01 9lbs8oz, induced to c/s; Little Man 5/20/03 7lbs11oz, r c/s, fear of another labor; Jillybean 11/18/07 10lbs8oz 37cm head, induced VBA2C; and the Wee Beastie, 9lbs8oz, 35cm head, rpt VBA2C

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page