Fia Juniper 8 13.79%
Charlotte Morgan 38 65.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh and I still have no name for baby!!! Due in 3 weeks!! AAAH!
We have some wierd names I understand, but are open to suggestions! Naming is HARD! Thanks!
#2 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 AM

How many syllables in your last name - and what is the last initial?

What kind of names do you like? Traditional, modern, any certain family roots you want to pay respect to?

Any family names you plan to use for a middle? (I LOVE middle names after people you love...)

With a first child, you can pretty much do whatever you want without restriction of something "going with" previous kids' names.

But give us a little something to go on!
#3 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

OH! Sorry!!
One syllable last name starting with a G. Charlotte Morgan is actually my mom and dad's names combined, but we have no real attachment to family names.
We want an uncommon name, but not a crazy one...
The poll lists all the names we like so far, but are totally open to different mixtures of them. Like Fia Morgan maybe?
Why is this so hard?!
#4 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 03:24 AM

With all our kids we've had to wait until their birth to see what their name was. I wouldn't worry. You're sure to be hit with inspiration when you meet her and get to know her over those first few days.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#5 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 AM

I love the name Charlotte! I'm a big fan of using family names so if Charlotte Morgan has a family connection, that would be my choice. I also like the name Brynn -- it is cute and spunky. Fia sounds like a nickname, which isn't bad but just something to think about. I would really steer clear of the name Pepper. I grew up with a girl named Pepper and she was teased mercilessly. I know everyone has a teasing story of some sort but the teasing was particularly harsh.

I think you will know the name when you see her. GL!

Mama to DS 10/04, DD 12/06, and DD 11/09 my baby
Missing DS 10/08
#6 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM

DDC crashing. I like Pepper!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#7 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM

I love the name Fia Juniper! It has such a sweet sound to it. We would always narrow it down to two names and see what they looked like when they came out.

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :
#8 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 11:28 AM

I love Charlotte Morgan or Morgan Charlotte? I also Like Pepper that is a nice old fashion name with some style! If you like Pepper what about Piper I love that name also!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#9 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 12:18 PM

My vote is Charlotte but I am bias because thats what we just named dd

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

#10 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 01:28 PM

I love Charlotte! I also liked SunShineSally's idea about Piper. I love the name Piper!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#11 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 01:48 PM

I chose Charlotte Morgan, but Fia Brynn or Brynnlea was a close second. I like family connections, but sometimes less obvious ones (like middle names). Had this LO been a girl, her name might have been Caroline, after DH's grandma who is Carolyn, but we don't really like Carolyn as a name.

I am sure once you meet your little girl, you'll know exactly what name to choose.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#12 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Pepper Aria - this is my least favorite of your list, and I don't think the fn and mn go together very well in style. I agree with a pp that it is easily teasable too.

Fia Brynn or Brynnlea - I voted for this! LOVE the name Brynn but probably not a good fn with a one syllable last name so middle is a good idea. Fia is a great name that isn't common at all!

Fia Juniper - it just isn't speaking to me for some reason (probably because I love Brynn so much)

Charlotte Morgan - this seems like a common name to me, which you said you wanted to avoid. But I LOVE using your parents' names... so sweet. I knew two girls who went by Char growing up if you like that nn.
#13 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like Pepper and Juniper. I don't like Fia at all. It looks like Fiat.. which I think of as a car.

So I voted Charlotte Morgan but I think Juniper Morgan would be awesome.
#14 of 17 Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 PM

I'd go for Charlotte Juniper - one classic, one unusual name, and she can pick which one she wants, or go by Charlie, Char, Lotte, Juni, Charlie June or any of a number of nicknames.

I agree about Fia sounding too much like fiat, which is also a legally binding decree or order, or a shortening of Sofia. If you like that sound, what about Pia, Mia, Tia, Rhea? Or Serafina keeps coming to mind...

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#15 of 17 Old 11-11-2009, 02:35 PM

charlotte is a beautiful name, i've loved it since i was a girl and even wanted to name a daughter charlotte.

but it is getting way too popular. if you plan on putting your kids in public school, you daughter may be known as charlotte c. (or whatever your last name starts with).

Pepper is beautiful and unusual, more a name to identify with.
#16 of 17 Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM

I love the name Pepper Aria!! I also like Charlotte but I agree with a pp when she said it's getting more popular.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#17 of 17 Old 11-11-2009, 03:29 PM

I vote for Charlotte Morgan...very pretty!

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page