I am about to break down! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I will be pregnant forever! Nothing is comfortable to wear or how I sit or lay I barely sleep! I am haveing contractions all the time but they are not regular for long enough to be "real labor" My plug has been coming out for over 3 weeks I feel the pushing sensations and have no clue why (my BF said that she had that feeling all the time with her ds1 and ds2 not with her first her dd) I feel like crying but I am also happy that he is safe and protected inside I can hardly walk because my hips hurt so bad and my chiropractor just adjusted me on thrusday when I move in bed my hips pop over and over like LOUDLY pop I thought that my water broke!!!

I just needed to vent if you read the whole thing thanks for listening

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#2 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 PM

right there with u baby girl! cant we just be DONE! my ob is going to strip my membrains monday i hope it does something! or that i go into labor B4 then!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#3 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 PM

I'm sorry! I feel the same way! I haven't started losing my plug and apparently she has to drop more, and I really just want her out. I can't even cross my legs anymore, I waddle, and I have very few shirts that cover the bottom of my belly. Oh and this whole getting up 7 times a week to pee really stinks!!!

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

#4 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 PM

My hips have been popping every time I roll over, too. They're not in constant pain, though. Sorry you're having a rough time of it. Have you been doing fetal positioning at all (like from spinningbabies.com)? Maybe baby just needs to shift a bit to really get things moving.

Sending productive labor your way!

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#5 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM

Same here mama. Severe discomfort would be an understatement at this point. My sense of humor has flown out the window. I'm just irritable and miserable. Really, really sick of everyone commenting repeatedly on how "huge" I am and the ever-funny "are they SURE there's only ONE baby in there" comments. Cannot wait to be DONE.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#6 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post
My hips have been popping every time I roll over, too. They're not in constant pain, though. Sorry you're having a rough time of it. Have you been doing fetal positioning at all (like from spinningbabies.com)? Maybe baby just needs to shift a bit to really get things moving.

Sending productive labor your way!

He is perfectly head down I was in the ER for the flu last week and he is nicely tucked in there! I may still check it out and maybe he will move the right way and come on out and meet his family (or maybe that is why he is so resistant to come out )

I see my ob tomorrow and he keeps mentioning induction because of Ds's labor and I am so tempted to say okay and that is not at all like me in anyway I hate medication hospitals anything like that so I am so so over this if I felt physically better I would carry him for another 2 months but he is kicking my butt figuretively and literally!!!

Quote:

#7 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 PM

Right there with you Mama! I have never wanted anything more than for this baby to come ASAP...everytime I see the doc, there is zero progress despite all these painful contractions! The sooner she comes, the more time I get w/ her before I have to return to work in January! Come on baby - hurry!!
#8 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 PM

id almost let the doc induce me too!

i love my life!!!
#9 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

I just hope tomorrow that the ob tells me I am like 8 1/2 cm (wishful thinking I know!) well I do hope he tells me these contractions have done something more than make me lose sleep and unable to do anything except rest!!!!!!
I have been feeling so crappy that I go to bed when Ds does at 8ish I am a night owl but I feel so yucky!

Sleepy I also am so sick of people telling me "ohh you look like you are going to pop" "wow he's still in there?" I want to say no I am walking like this and put a ball in my shirt to trick you Or the one I hear all the time "when are you going to have that baby already"

Quote:

#10 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShineSally View Post

Sleepy I also am so sick of people telling me "ohh you look like you are going to pop" "wow he's still in there?" I want to say no I am walking like this and put a ball in my shirt to trick you Or the one I hear all the time "when are you going to have that baby already"
Or the calls every half an hour "just checking if anything is happening" If anything was happening don't you think you would know? STOP CALLING ME!!!
#11 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 10:49 PM

at least they car my MIL hasnt tlked ot me sence the baby shower in SEPT!

i love my life!!!
#12 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyheaded_Mama View Post
Same here mama. Severe discomfort would be an understatement at this point. My sense of humor has flown out the window. I'm just irritable and miserable. Really, really sick of everyone commenting repeatedly on how "huge" I am and the ever-funny "are they SURE there's only ONE baby in there" comments. Cannot wait to be DONE.
Dude, my thoughts exactly.

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

#13 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 PM

I was to the max, exactly -- no sense of humor, uncomfortable to the max, tired of people aksing me when I was going to have the baby or "pop" -- about 3-4 days before I went into labor, ladies. It just means it's the end of the end! You have to be really "done" in order to be brave enough to face labor, is what I'm thinking.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#14 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 PM

DDC crashing!

I have the same feelings. I am not having the hip clicking problem this go around though. I am in the December DDC but i am almost positive that i messed up my dd and will be holding my little man before the end of this month. I just feel farther along and definitely have that "done" feeling. just hang in there.
#15 of 26 Old 11-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The cracking hips are the worst!!! I Hate that. I wake up at night moaning, if I have to roll over. I can't even stand to hear knuckles cracking, so the hip thing is just so gross!
I agree, by the time we have had just about enough of pregnancy, that's when we will be ready to face labor and get it over with!

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#16 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields08 View Post
Or the calls every half an hour "just checking if anything is happening" If anything was happening don't you think you would know? STOP CALLING ME!!!
Ha, ha!!! I know!!! Every time DH looks at me, he asks, "So . . .how are you feeling?" I keep saying, BAD but not in LABOR!!! Stop asking!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#17 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 02:04 AM

at least he isnt like mine he goes OMG its bigger today then yesterday EVERY FREAKING DAY! YES I know its bigger everyday bc shs bigger everyday STOP SAYING IT!!! my knees r killing me so ya its heavy!

i love my life!!!
#18 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 AM

Our babies are due about the same time, I believe. Most of your physical complaints I could have written, too. Have you tried stuffing one or two pillows between your knees/thighs at nighttime? That has helped me tremendously when I roll over, no popping or pain, just the usual soreness.

When ppl tell me how big this belly is, I have fun making an exaggerated face and say in a mock-serious tone, "And...it's...going...to...get...BIGGER!" I love the surprised look on their faces Might as well have fun with it, eh?

I know you have plenty of commiseration here, hoping you find some relief soon! (Even if that means baby has some more time to grow )

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#19 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 04:48 AM

My hips aren't making noise, but they do feel like my legs are about to fall out of the sockets.
I've had 'early labor' in 2-4 hour spurts for nearly 2 weeks now...some days more intense than others, but it's been almost every day and I am oh so tired of it. I've been losing plug the whole time as well, and my appetite is screwed up and I'm an emotional meltdown (not just because of the ctx). It seems obvious that my body is ready, willing, and trying to start labor...but the kiddo is floating high and won't engage and so I don't dilate.
So I'm doing every darn thing I can find to get him to drop and engage...hip circles on the birth ball seem somewhat effective, but my poor sore hips, I'm starting to get a sore back from them all.
The other night I even had a dream that I got a crochet hook from my bag and broke my own water (seriously, if I do enough affirmations do you think i can break it with the power of my mind? That should bring him down!!!)

I'm officially due wed 11/11, and I had thought I might deliver a few days early (my other bio child came at 39wks), but when I lost my plug and started getting ctx at 38 wks then I figured I would go earlier...nope, 40 wks here and nada. I'm tired, I'm sore, i'm cranky, and I am SOO ready to have this kid but I told DH tonight that I've officially resigned myself to being pregnant forever.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#20 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 AM

ladies I am right there with you. I was set to go into labor around the end of Oct. due to DS being 2 weeks early and DD being almost 3 weeks. But here I sit. I have been having ctx and cramping for more than 3 weks. At 38 weeks my MW said how far over are you willing to go and dumb me said "whenever babe is ready"...that was when I wasn't a crazy , tired, emotional mess. I completely understand about the innability to deal with EVERYONE all the time asking when is going to come, calling every second, etc...Also on Sunday ctx got really bad so sent kids to inlaws cause I thought it was it. DH started his leave that night so I now feel like I am "on the clock" since he was not going to take anytime til she was here... I have never been one to think I would be thinking about induction, but now I am maybe thinking about it. Does anyone have any real experience with Castor Oil. I am just worried about it making me having diarehea and no baby....Been doing nipple stim for a couple of days now and DTD...no help yet. Hope you ladies are hanging in there!
#21 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Castor oil - I did try (only 1 tsp) which is probably not anywhere near enough, but it was all I could gag down. It didn't even make me poop! I took some Smooth Move tea - senna, with ginger, fennel, orange, and licorice - and it did make me poop, but no baby. DH keeps threatening to hook me up to the breast pump, which might actually work, but I don't feel like it. We are going to go for accupressure sometime this week. We can do some at home and it seems to help, but haven't been able to be consistent about it.

As for hip pain, I second the pillows, they are a lifesaver! I wish I could make my hip pop though!

And I think I may have lost my plug (again) I lost it originally, in all it's icky, brownish, bloody glory 2 1/2 weeks ago, and have only had increased mucous discharge since, but this morning, I had a bigger, bloodier glob, so I don't know if it regenerated and I lost it again, or what. Do know it seems to mean absolutely nothing when it comes to when labor will start.

MW offered to strip my membranes yesterday, but I'm only 1 cm and 50% effaced. I don't know how she'd even fit a finger through there to do it. I said, we'll wait. (much as I don't want to!)

Have a glass of wine and maybe that will help, I should take my own advice . . .hmmm

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#22 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruemomma View Post
Does anyone have any real experience with Castor Oil. I am just worried about it making me having diarehea and no baby....
I dont' personally, but my mom did it with a couple of babies.
she said if you take it straight it will gag anybody. Some people recommend putting it in orange juice (one person even recommended OJ with a shot of vodka plus the castor oil!) but mom said that--at least in plain OJ--it's still pretty gross. She said the one way it worked for her was what her last mw recommended, and that was to scramble 2 eggs in several Tbs of castor oil (ie, liberally grease the pan with it) Basically you come out with greasy eggs, but they don't taste abnormal, so they're not difficult to eat. So there's an idea for you.
Honestly, I have never wanted to try castor oil, but I am *this close* to asking Hubby to get me some on the way home today. Yes, there IS the risk of ending up with diarrhea. Of course, the diarrhea might put you into labor...but it'll be messy (one of my friends went into labor with her first precisely because she had a stomach bug and was barfing and pooping so much...doesn't sound fun but I admit there does come a point where I'm willing to consider giving up my waterbirth and delivering on the bathroom floor next to the toilet if only I can get this kid out now!!!)

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#23 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

well I am not even dialated I am almost there he said but not dialated!!!! He offered to "stretch my cervix" but dumb me said no as I walked out of the office I was kicking myself in the head for saying no! Why do I have this strange urge to let things happen naturally so Dh and I are walking like mad so far today and we will DTD later after we go swimming! I may go to the chiro tomorrow again. One positive is the OB could feel his head so he is nice and wedged in there but he said the contractions most likely moved him down and now they will most likely dialate me please he has to be right I almost went back in the office and told him I want him to get it going now! I know my body is getting ready as I have been ummmm cleaning out....

Quote:

#24 of 26 Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 PM

my ob wouldnt strech me lucky you! i have to wait till monday but at the stress lvl i am at im about to beg for pit and be done!

i love my life!!!
#25 of 26 Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
my ob wouldnt strech me lucky you! i have to wait till monday but at the stress lvl i am at im about to beg for pit and be done!

If nothing happens before wednesday next week I may tell him to do it!!!!! But I am so worried that there is a reason he wants to cook a little longer I over think things

Quote:

#26 of 26 Old 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM

i do too i had my castrol oil all ready to go last night and i chicken out but this baby is Def in my pelvis now i havent felt a whole lot of press down there yet and my doc said shes floating right in my pelvis but now i have to pee ever 2mins and its loike a tiny amount maybe its all the dirrriha ive had (tmi) sorry but hell if i got it allreaddy what harm can the oil do right?

i love my life!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page